Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Inspirational speech to the Chinese

Inspirational speech to the Chinese

Old May 7th 2020, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inspirational speech to the Chinese

What an awesome speech by Matt Pottinger that references the May 4th Movement. Do you think this will help encourage China's citizens to take control of their destiny. I for one hope so.

https://youtu.be/dp5h6n6fbUg
Old May 7th 2020, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inspirational speech to the Chinese

Or waken up to the fact that the situation in Hong Kong was incited by the Foreign Devils from Langley. Virginia ?
Old May 7th 2020, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
Or waken up to the fact that the situation in Hong Kong was incited by the Foreign Devils from Langley. Virginia ?
I disagree. The people of Hong Kong were resisting the extradition bill, the incitement came from Carrie Lam's introduction of that bill and the threat to Hong Kong's rule of law - which it represented.
Old May 8th 2020, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
What an awesome speech by Matt Pottinger that references the May 4th Movement. Do you think this will help encourage China's citizens to take control of their destiny. I for one hope so.

https://youtu.be/dp5h6n6fbUg
Since when did any senior US official care about human rights? Let's ask Julian Assange, or Ed Snowden, or Chelsea Manning...
Old May 8th 2020, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
Since when did any senior US official care about human rights? Let's ask Julian Assange, or Ed Snowden, or Chelsea Manning...
I don't disagree with you with those three examples. But I know which regime I would rather live under.
Old May 8th 2020, 1:35 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

For the first time in living memory, America is absent from the global table. But China is happy to take its seat.
Old May 8th 2020, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I don't disagree with you with those three examples. But I know which regime I would rather live under.
Me too, paulry! There are degrees of torture and general bad behaviour.
Old May 10th 2020, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This is interesting. So what is it we want? For the Americans to butt out of international affairs or to get back in and poke it's nose in everywhere again? History suggests that the free world would prefer the former. After all, the US has been perceived as having been the cause or at least a contributing factor to many wars around the world. So they backed off and now you (or that article) is saying they should get back in there? But how about the US continue to resist the urge to interfere and the rest of the world just tell the the Chinese Communists to bugger off?

But no doubt about it, a second cold war has begun, and now is the time for citizens of our countries to put aside our differences, and work together as free nations to defend against the biggest threat to world peace since WW2.

Last edited by paulry; May 10th 2020 at 4:35 am.
Old May 10th 2020, 7:23 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as I said earlier. It's time for the remaining democracies to reject the isolationist aspirations of the former leaders who've lost their way, and return to the historically far more effective policy of engagement and cooperation. No "cold war" required.

As the US in particular, trends further down a path of isolation, unpredictability and unreliability, it's wise for all others to take steps to minimise any dependencies on them, to any practical extent. This includes minimising economic and defence dependencies as much as practicable, while always encouraging it to return to the grownup's table.

Last edited by amideislas; May 10th 2020 at 7:36 am.
Old May 10th 2020, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Well, as I said earlier. It's time for the remaining democracies to reject the isolationist aspirations of the former leaders who've lost their way, and return to the historically far more effective policy of engagement and cooperation. No "cold war" required.

As the US in particular, trends further down a path of isolation, unpredictability and unreliability, it's wise for all others to take steps to minimise any dependencies on them, to any practical extent. This includes minimising economic and defence dependencies as much as practicable, while always encouraging it to return to the grownup's table.
I'd say a good start would be for losers of national elections and referendums to respect the democratically-arrived-at decisions and then work with the winners as best they can for the national good.
Old May 10th 2020, 11:21 am
Reasonable Bitch

What, exactly, does that have to do with any of this?

And erm, aside from the despair of "democratically arrived at decisions" which were campaigned on the basis of egregious misrepresentation, ignorance, and outright disinformation (e.g., selling chalk as cheese) I am not aware of anyone continuing to dispute any "democratically arrived at decisions", particularly Brexit, which is the most relevant political vote to your thinly veiled reference. Like many of the nonexistent threats promoted by that ideological party, this one also doesn't exist.

Anyway, back to topic: As leading democracies increasingly descend into isolationism, it serves as a wakeup call to the remaining rational democracies to resume the progress that has been disrupted by the absence of the former leaders who have chosen isolation over engagement. Lest we see the emergence of far less desirable powers taking those seats.

Last edited by amideislas; May 10th 2020 at 11:36 am.
Old May 10th 2020, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about your link. Has China been invited as a G7 guest????
Many are not happy with WHO but think that cutting money a 'move to far'.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...virtual-summit

As usual in these clips no mention of the democracy 'India'. (Guest at last years G7 summit).
India constantly in disputes with China -----against the ''Belt and Road' initiative which Italy -supports. (Although India multiple Chinese imports as elsewhere.)

(Typing this on a new Lenovo laptop-----which OH in an anti-Chinese 'mode' said not to get!!!! What did we see on arrival at Mumbai ---all the airport devices------new Lenovo)
Old May 10th 2020, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post

It's got plenty to do with respecting democratic elections and referendums. Look at the national distractions both the UK and the US have been through this last few years, the losers not honouring the results and fighting tooth and nail to prevent hamper the winning side. In the UK we still have have die hard remainers doing their best to get a cancel brexit toehold. In the US the losers have never stopped resisting Donald Trump's election. Look at the continual crap and distraction they have put Trump through - and then they claim he wasn't watching/dropped the CCP virus ball. Well if he did (and I don't believe he did - well certainly no more than other countries thanks to the CCP deception that the WHO accepted) then could it have been to do with him busy defending against the bonkers impeachment for the best part of the last six months of last year. And while we are at it remember the Kavanaugh debacle look at what the losers put that geezer through with zero evidence and the "believe you"/"me too" uproar. Yet that bunch now have a presidential candidate that virtually everyone deep down knows is hiding something regarding those allegations yet the "believe you"/"me too" brigade seem to have oddly gone mute. And look at how the opposition have been going bonkers since Boris' every move. This is way more than run of the mill opposition politics, its refusing to accept democratic decisions and the damage of that continues to be huge.

Meanwhile we have the CCP in China threatening all and sundry that don't toe their hard line, suppressing information about the virus while effectively looting the world stocks of PPE, and carrying out its territorial grab in the South China see and pushing on it's nefarious belt and road initiative, while spewing out it's propaganda and disinformation and continuing with its human rights abuses.

Now if the losers reluctantly accepted the result and worked with the governments for the national good we could together fight what China is doing - and not be yet another weakness for the CCP to exploit - as per the video that I posted above.

Meanwhile, Ami, you continue your gloomy and defeatist moan.
Old May 10th 2020, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Not sure about your link. Has China been invited as a G7 guest????
Many are not happy with WHO but think that cutting money a 'move to far'.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...virtual-summit

As usual in these clips no mention of the democracy 'India'. (Guest at last years G7 summit).
India constantly in disputes with China -----against the ''Belt and Road' initiative which Italy -supports. (Although India multiple Chinese imports as elsewhere.)

(Typing this on a new Lenovo laptop-----which OH in an anti-Chinese 'mode' said not to get!!!! What did we see on arrival at Mumbai ---all the airport devices------new Lenovo)
Yep, I've been following whats been happening in India and the mood there. Also, I watch the WION news channel quite frequently, they seem to be pretty switched on about the situation just over the border. And your husband is absolutely right. It's time to dis-invest from China. My phone is about to go kaput - way earlier than I was expecting it to actually - but that's another story. Selection criteria number 1 for the replacement phone: It must not be made in China. Actually the Moto G range made in India looks like a good value proposition - just undecided which of the two I want/need. Also,here in Australia there is plenty of fallout around people and companies doing business with the communists. My wife checks the place of manufacture of everything and if it's made in China, forget it! And she's Chinese! Fortunately she's not made there I always find it mildly amusing listening to her and her Chinese friends - all agreeing very strongly that no ways do they buy anything from China. They're quite a feisty bunch actually. Chinese garlic is a topic that frequently goes up for heated discussion and head nodding between them. Ever wonder why Chinese garlic always looks so brightly white?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A cleverly put together video that very well describes the strategy that the Chinese Communist Party has been following for some years now. It's truly amazing that the rest of the world allowed it to continue for so long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.