Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Impeaching Trump about to happen as I predicted in 2016

Impeaching Trump about to happen as I predicted in 2016

Old Oct 19th 2019, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impeaching Trump about to happen as I predicted in 2016

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
No US President was ever "prosecuted for his crimes" or do jail time. It's just not on in US politics He will be pardoned by the next President just as Nixon was pardoned by Gerald Ford
There has been only one President pardoned for crimes against the state and that was Ford pardoning Nixon but they were both Republicans. No Democrat or Republican president would damage themselves by pardoning a opposite party president. They would be hated and ran out of town by their own party. And Trump is truly hated by the Democrat party faithful. But Trump is also disliked by Republican politicians.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Come back Hillary, all is forgiven!
I would vote for Hillary again. Yes, I a republican voted for Hillary. But in my defense I knew Donald Trump was crazy. Good guess Huh?
Old Oct 19th 2019, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
There has been only one President pardoned for crimes against the state and that was Ford pardoning Nixon but they were both Republicans. No Democrat or Republican president would damage themselves by pardoning a opposite party president. They would be hated and ran out of town by their own party. And Trump is truly hated by the Democrat party faithful. But Trump is also disliked by Republican politicians.
Dislike him they may but they dislike the Dems even more so they wont sell him down the river you can count on that. I'll also bet that even if a Dem were to win they would still pardon him anyway simply because not to do so would create a divide in this country and such a deep resentment and bad feeling that it would damage the workings of government for years to come. So in short if it came to a choice of a newly installed Democrat President sending a former President to jail or incurring the hate of his/her party by pardoning him then it would be far better for the country as a whole to fall upon his/her sword and choose the latter course of action

Last edited by dc koop; Oct 19th 2019 at 5:54 am.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
My understanding is that the 'rust belt' areas have been rusting away for a good 40 years due to an industrial decline. Four republican and two/three democrat presidents. Neither seem to have enabled good and active solutions to date.
Which is puzzling since America has been pumping billions in aid over the decades to help the development of third world countries. I could see some of the solution as being in job retraining and something similar to the GI Bill to fund the young people pay for college with the aim of making them marketable for the jobs that need a higher standard of education than industrial work.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What polls are you looking at? There is not one poll out there(including fox news has Trump losing) that has Trump winning Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania which Trump won by less than 100k votes combined in 2016. And keep in mind over 4 million democrats stayed at home in 2016 compared to 2008 and 2012. Me thinks Donald is in trouble. The more he sells his confident forecast usually mean he fears the opposite result.
Opinion polls sometimes have a strange way of turning out completely opposite of what was predicted. Case in point the 2016 election
Old Oct 19th 2019, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

No US President was ever "prosecuted for his crimes" or do jail time. It's just not on in US politics He will be pardoned by the next President just as Nixon was pardoned by Gerald Ford

Didn't I read somewhere that they made that a law in the 1970's ? That no US President can ever be sent to jail..?
Old Oct 19th 2019, 9:42 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Didn't I read somewhere that they made that a law in the 1970's ? That no US President can ever be sent to jail..?
A sitting President cannot be indicted. There are no rules on a former President being indicted, convicted and jailed. It just hasn't happen yet.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
A sitting President cannot be indicted. There are no rules on a former President being indicted, convicted and jailed. It just hasn't happen yet.
And unless it was murder it never should. The urge to impeach and remove Presidents is something that politicians of both parties should seriously think about if the US is one day not to resemble a south American banana republic
Old Oct 19th 2019, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dislike him they may but they dislike the Dems even more so they wont sell him down the river you can count on that. I'll also bet that even if a Dem were to win they would still pardon him anyway simply because not to do so would create a divide in this country and such a deep resentment and bad feeling that it would damage the workings of government for years to come. So in short if it came to a choice of a newly installed Democrat President sending a former President to jail or incurring the hate of his/her party by pardoning him then it would be far better for the country as a whole to fall upon his/her sword and choose the latter course of action
Sounds very noble and straight out of the 1960s-1970s when politics was a sport of gentleman. Safe to say we are not living in those times. But nothing wrong with being nostalgic for times gone bye. I wish politics did resemble those days maybe then our president wouldn't try to profit off of his office by having the G7 at his own resort which is against the law to profit while being in office. Dc we need optimistic folks like you. There is enough pessimistic people in the world. So I say good on you.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 8:20 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds very noble and straight out of the 1960s-1970s when politics was a sport of gentleman. Safe to say we are not living in those times. But nothing wrong with being nostalgic for times gone bye. I wish politics did resemble those days...

Old Oct 20th 2019, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds very noble and straight out of the 1960s-1970s when politics was a sport of gentleman. Safe to say we are not living in those times. But nothing wrong with being nostalgic for times gone bye. I wish politics did resemble those days maybe then our president wouldn't try to profit off of his office by having the G7 at his own resort which is against the law to profit while being in office. Dc we need optimistic folks like you. There is enough pessimistic people in the world. So I say good on you.
American politics have always been rough and tumble. The politics of the 1850s thru the 1870s make todays politics look like a schoolgirls debating society.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

American politics have always been rough and tumble. The politics of the 1850s thru the 1870s make todays politics look like a schoolgirls debating society.
DC, What you're saying is very true about the 1800s. Physical fights actually occurred back then.

And if you want to hear something truly funny that happened tonight. So not shockingly, Trump announced that his decision to use the Bed BUG infested Doral Resort was after-all a poor idea. He has with drawn that choice. He was never going to use that site for the G7 imo, he just wanted the news media talking about anything other than his impeachment. I hate conmen!
And btw, his resort actually does have bed bugs. Several guest have sued his hotel for having been exposed to a horrible bug fest stay there.

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Oct 20th 2019 at 7:40 am.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

DC, What you're saying is very true about the 1800s. Physical fights actually occurred back then.

And if you want to hear something truly funny that happened tonight. So not shockingly, Trump announced that his decision to use the Bed BUG infested Doral Resort was after-all a poor idea. He has with drawn that choice. He was never going to use that site for the G7 imo, he just wanted the news media talking about anything other than his impeachment. I hate conmen!
And btw, his resort actually does have bed bugs. Several guest have sued his hotel for having been exposed to a horrible bug fest stay there.
And this of course...

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexp...on-burrs-duel/
Old Oct 20th 2019, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Interesting read. I always enjoyed American history in college. Didn't hurt it was an easy A as well.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not just fights. Some of the political cartoons of those days would be considered downright libelous today. Hearst Castle in California might be a good venue. Next to the ocean, plenty of sun, no humidity. Bed bugs? Who knows? Perhaps a ghost or two from the 1920s and 30s included.