Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

I want a Tory govt.

I want a Tory govt.

Old Nov 26th 2019, 8:28 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want a Tory govt.

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
I believe that it was deliberately timed to be announced the day Jeremy was due to be 'shouted at erm sorry Interviewed' by O'Neil, keep the conversation away from the manifesto.
Just heard some of that on LBC, but Jeremy really doesn't deserve to win if he can't answer the question properly. AN asked him if he would apologise, and he just kept stating platitudes. He should have said, no reason to, and explained his stance. Keeping this issue in the dark just makes it grow and grow.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Just heard some of that on LBC, but Jeremy really doesn't deserve to win if he can't answer the question properly. AN asked him if he would apologise, and he just kept stating platitudes. He should have said, no reason to, and explained his stance. Keeping this issue in the dark just makes it grow and grow.
With that bully Neil one doesn't get a chance to explain anything.
There is btw a video going around where he apologizes a while ago so how many times does one has to ?
Johnson will spent the rest of his life apologizing !

It's the first time I watched his program and I will have to force myself to watch the one with Johnson just to see if he gets the same treatment.
It was appalling ...
Old Nov 27th 2019, 12:15 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
With that bully Neil one doesn't get a chance to explain anything.
There is btw a video going around where he apologizes a while ago so how many times does one has to ?
Johnson will spent the rest of his life apologizing !

It's the first time I watched his program and I will have to force myself to watch the one with Johnson just to see if he gets the same treatment.
It was appalling ...
I don't think he's a bully, just a hard and informed questioner. Everyone gets the same treatment under him. In fact, he made Johnson look a fool during the leadership debates by asking him to comment on the next paragraph of trade legislation to the one he aways used on sound bites.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namsbabe View Post
i've voted Tory all my life.
and i hate how people say we';re the "nasty party". people fall for all these stereotypes and don't critically analyse.

If we're so bad and evil, how come we don't start illegal foreign wars?
How come we don't say we hate Jews, and have half-baked investigations to root it out? There are more prominent non-white Tories than there ever were Labour MPs. Let's not discount two female PMs, and a Jewish PM many years ago.

We Tories get too much of a bad rap, and it needs to stop.
No!
Old Nov 27th 2019, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

I assumed as much. Disgraceful that he chose to intervene.
When religion starts meddling in politics it will get nasty. No matter which religion.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he's a bully, just a hard and informed questioner. Everyone gets the same treatment under him. In fact, he made Johnson look a fool during the leadership debates by asking him to comment on the next paragraph of trade legislation to the one he aways used on sound bites.
Thanks for that, like I said it was the first time I saw him and didn't think much of his style.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 7:21 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
I think this unprecedented intervention by the Chief Rabbi is very unfortunate indeed. He himself seems to be a reasonably reality-based person. ...
Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 View Post
When religion starts meddling in politics it will get nasty. No matter which religion.
Quite. Religion and reality-based don't go together.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 8:53 am
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 View Post
Exactly. I was going to make a similar point.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 10:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

This, above anything is why we DO NOT WANT A TORY GOVERNMENT.
The Tories have another major problem, Health officials including doctors, have supplied Jeremy with UNREDACTED copies of what has been discussed in trade deals with the US, these show the NHS is at the heart of any deal, it's as Jeremy and other Labour shadow ministers have said, JOHNSON WILL SELL OFF THE NHS TO THE US.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 11:01 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

This, above anything is why we DO NOT WANT A TORY GOVERNMENT.
The Tories have another major problem, Health officials including doctors, have supplied Jeremy with UNREDACTED copies of what has been discussed in trade deals with the US, these show the NHS is at the heart of any deal, it's as Jeremy and other Labour shadow ministers have said, JOHNSON WILL SELL OFF THE NHS TO THE US.
Have they?
Old Nov 27th 2019, 11:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Have they?

The unredacted documents specifically state that "total market access" to the NHS is "the baseline" position for a UK/US Trade Deal.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 11:24 am
F.orum Ape

The unredacted documents specifically state that "total market access" to the NHS is "the baseline" position for a UK/US Trade Deal.
I suppose that's the US baseline, but it may be an bargaining tactic to gain huge concessions elsewhere (agriculture, etc.). Anyway, it shows that replacing EU trade with US trade is not going to be a walk in the park. I wish the 52% would have some notion of this instead of believing Johnson and Mogg's fairy stories.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 12:22 pm
Concierge

I suppose that's the US baseline, but it may be an bargaining tactic to gain huge concessions elsewhere (agriculture, etc.). Anyway, it shows that replacing EU trade with US trade is not going to be a walk in the park. I wish the 52% would have some notion of this instead of believing Johnson and Mogg's fairy stories.
Also from the documents, and not to do with the NHS.

But there is more:
Drug patents to be extended (Making drugs cost more):
Gender equality and employment laws to be reviewed:
Old Nov 27th 2019, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is it me or is it a bit difficult to follow a conversation on the Tories with 3 different threads going ?
Same discussion going on in 2 threads now ...
Old Nov 27th 2019, 12:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Thanks for that, like I said it was the first time I saw him and didn't think much of his style.
There was also the interview with what's her face on the house building when he asked her how many were built by the tories who had promised to build a lot and she said she didn't have the figures.
"You should remember because it was (a big fat) zero!" (I made up the fat bit)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.