Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

I don't really know where to put this

I don't really know where to put this

Old Apr 20th 2020, 5:24 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I don't really know where to put this

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Everyone likes a little weed.

Here's my favourite
Spoiler:

Flob a dob.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 5:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Over the last five years we have learned a lot about Jewish history, celebrations, holidays and kosher food.
It's only been about 5 years since I learned that my relatives that stayed Jewish and stayed farming near Gdansk were almost all rounded up and gassed in Auschwitz, so my Grandmother's and Grandfather's family names are represented there. I doubt I'd make any better a Jew than I did a Christian. Other than a second cousin or something writing mum in the 70's to try to get help leaving East Germany, I never heard much about those relatives. When my mum and her family left Russia in 1929 they had to go all the way from Mariupol to Moscow to get clearance to leave because Grandma's last name was Goldbeck, and I think they were required to bring certification from the Lutheran church in Grunau that she wasn't a Jew before they would be allowed to leave. The Lutherans sure got a bargain in Grandma; she was the most devout woman ever.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 5:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
It's only been about 5 years since I learned that my relatives that stayed Jewish and stayed farming near Gdansk were almost all rounded up and gassed in Auschwitz, so my Grandmother's and Grandfather's family names are represented there. I doubt I'd make any better a Jew than I did a Christian. Other than a second cousin or something writing mum in the 70's to try to get help leaving East Germany, I never heard much about those relatives. When my mum and her family left Russia in 1929 they had to go all the way from Mariupol to Moscow to get clearance to leave because Grandma's last name was Goldbeck, and I think they were required to bring certification from the Lutheran church in Grunau that she wasn't a Jew before they would be allowed to leave. The Lutherans sure got a bargain in Grandma; she was the most devout woman ever.

Similarly, it was only in the 1990s that my OH (adopted) discovered that his genetic family on his mother's side (other than his maternal grandmother, obviously, or he wouldn't be here) were also all rounded up in Austria and died in the camps.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 1:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I really don't know where to put this, but today is Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Therefore, remember the Shoah and every single reason there is to speak and stand up against bigotry of all kinds.
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Hmm..but unfortunately today is Aldoph Hitler's birthday.
According to the comic strip BC, April 20th was another anniversary.

48 years ago makes it 1972.

I can't help but wonder why the artist used it. Had it been an earlier Apollo mission and, of course, a different date, the "one day..." comment would have had some relevance but this was the 5th moon landing.

In my mind they are all remarkable events and I was glued to lift offs, splashdowns and many events in between and Apollo 16 landed on the moon on the 20th. It just seems to me that this strip should have been for Apollo 11.

Maybe the artist had run out of ideas and just looked for inspiration from anniversary dates. Or am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Old Apr 21st 2020, 2:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
According to the comic strip BC, April 20th was another anniversary.
Or am I missing something glaringly obvious?
Apollo 16 landed on the moon on Apr 20, 1972. That's the anniversary bit. Cavemen couldn't go to the moon, and that's why he is frustrated.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 3:12 pm
Banned

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Is that mouse on furlough, i have not had a bollocking in a few days
Old Apr 21st 2020, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Is that mouse on furlough, i have not had a bollocking in a few days
don’t worry the mouse is right behind you...waiting...
Old Apr 21st 2020, 3:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
don’t worry the mouse is right behind you...waiting...
Wait, as our fearless leader aren't you supposed to be in front?

"In enterprise of martial kind
When there was any fighting
He led his regiment from behind
He found it less exciting."
Old Apr 21st 2020, 3:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Wait, as our fearless leader aren't you supposed to be in front?

"In enterprise of martial kind
When there was any fighting
He led his regiment from behind
He found it less exciting."
I am everywhere but in the kid’s case I like to creep up and surprise him.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 1:55 pm
Banned

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Is it my computer or this site that is playing up, every thing keeps going off and on? puzzled
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 2:28 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Is it my computer or this site that is playing up, every thing keeps going off and on? puzzled
Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 2:36 pm
Banned

Smile Re: I don't really know where to put this

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?
Yeah a few times.we have had a big storm this morning maybe this end. Strange it is only the computer maybe on the way out.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 2:36 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah a few times.we have had a big storm this morning maybe this end. Strange it is only the computer maybe on the way out.
What's happening when you try to access the site? Seems unlikely it would be hardware related.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 2:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
What's happening when you try to access the site? Seems unlikely it would be hardware related.
Hi mate when i get on things do not work right the mouse seems all over the show and the computer was turning it self off.Seems to be settling down a bit now.And the sun is out strange
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 2:48 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate when i get on things do not work right the mouse seems all over the show and the computer was turning it self off.Seems to be settling down a bit now.And the sun is out strange
Ah, so it's not the website itself. That does sound like a hardware issue, but it could just be the power supply if it's turning off. I've had power supplies die completely on me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.