Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

I don't really know where to put this

I don't really know where to put this

Old Feb 10th 2020, 5:16 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I don't really know where to put this

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly View Post
That's what SWMBO used to do......she said that she didn't like the thick batter (although I think it was actually the grease of poorly cooked batter).
Even now that we have a source for magnificent fresh cod and chips in the UK, she still tends to concentrate on the fish.....

As she's Portuguese and fried fish came to the UK via Portuguese sephardic jews, who am I to contradict her?
Old Feb 10th 2020, 6:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
That's what SWMBO used to do......she said that she didn't like the thick batter (although I think it was actually the grease of poorly cooked batter).
I wondered what on earth that had to do with the immigrants fleeing the UK which the link was about but I at least found the link within the link to see the batter story.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 6:58 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I wondered what on earth that had to do with the immigrants fleeing the UK which the link was about but I at least found the link within the link to see the batter story.
Sorry , yes the link is https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ating-21464538 further down the "page"

It's been a long day!
Old Feb 10th 2020, 8:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Sorry , yes the link is https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ating-21464538 further down the "page"
I don't mind. I love looking at pictures of battered fish. It used to irritate me because I couldn't get any good fish and chips here, but now I can so I don't mind.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

tumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I don't mind. I love looking at pictures of battered fish. It used to irritate me because I couldn't get any good fish and chips here, but now I can so I don't mind.
Where do you get good fish and chips in Moncton?
Please tell.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 2:50 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly View Post
Where do you get good fish and chips in Moncton?
Please tell.
As crazy as it sounds, it's at Kelsey's Roadhouse. It opened last year. It's Cod too. Daft that you have to go to restaurant for it instead of a fish and chip shop but there you go. Served with Coleslaw for some reason but they all do that. One place offered gravy too

There's also a relatively new place - Katch and Pizza Girls - that does a good one.