Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

I don't really know where to put this

I don't really know where to put this

Old Sep 13th 2019, 3:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I don't really know where to put this

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Not really sure this should be here, but was watching Corrie, the second episode from Wednesday, and was suddenly taken back to March this year, they were dealing with the fact that one of the characters was being told by her oncologist that her cancer was back, and that there was nothing they could do. They didn't give a time prediction, and that was exactly what happened with Pat, no time was given, just that it could be a few weeks or months, in fact it was 3 weeks. I knew something like that was coming and really wish I hadn't watched, or had switched off as it is still quite raw, didn't realise how raw until I was wathcing and burst into tears, thought I was past that, but obviously not. The on screen emotions were excellent. I could see my feelings there, and hear Pat saying ;'now don't get upset and start crying' which she did say to me when it happened. Sorry for the post but it does help me to come to terms with what I was and am feeling.

Mike I have just watched the episodes in question. They were very, very emotional. I felt shell shocked, even though I knew what to expect in the storyline. I can’t begin to imagine how it affected you, but better to let your emotions flow than keep them bottled up inside.

BE is a great support system, whether it be on the forums or privately via PM...please don’t feel embarrassed about using it.
Old Sep 13th 2019, 3:57 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure this should be here, but was watching Corrie, the second episode from Wednesday, and was suddenly taken back to March this year, they were dealing with the fact that one of the characters was being told by her oncologist that her cancer was back, and that there was nothing they could do. They didn't give a time prediction, and that was exactly what happened with Pat, no time was given, just that it could be a few weeks or months, in fact it was 3 weeks. I knew something like that was coming and really wish I hadn't watched, or had switched off as it is still quite raw, didn't realise how raw until I was wathcing and burst into tears, thought I was past that, but obviously not. The on screen emotions were excellent. I could see my feelings there, and hear Pat saying ;'now don't get upset and start crying' which she did say to me when it happened. Sorry for the post but it does help me to come to terms with what I was and am feeling.
It's always the unexpected things that trigger emotions. You've had a really rough year mate, letting it all out is much better than bottling it up. Hugs to you x
Old Sep 13th 2019, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I can understand how old folk get frightened and pay up or give bank account details etc.
If old people paid more attention to discussions on current affairs they would know that the IRS do not EVER call anyone by phone. All correspondence is done by mail. I had the same "the police are on their way" threat from a supposedly member of the iRS. I told him I was waiting at the door for them and kept asking him when they were supposed to arrive. I could see he was beginning to get a bit rattled after 15 minutes but he wouldn't give in and hang up. I asked him how the weather was in Bangladesh. He pretended ignorance. I then told him that I believe I once knew his mother when she worked cabaret at a strip bar and offered to share some of my experiences with him. He hung up immediately

Last edited by dc koop; Sep 13th 2019 at 6:38 am.
Old Sep 13th 2019, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry about this. I know what you're going through since I've been there but nearly 9 years ago.
I wish I could say it gets easier but I can't. When a perfect marriage breaks down like this, it is hard.
Keep strong !
Old Sep 13th 2019, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Audible suggested an audiobook I might be interested in.

The Beautiful Poetry of Donald Trump

I'd rather be forced to listen to Vogon poetry instead, thanks.....
... It's TRUE!!! Beam me up Scotty-
I'm close to breaking......
Old Sep 13th 2019, 9:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely no need to apologise for something so completely normal and understandable. X
Old Sep 13th 2019, 12:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
If old people paid more attention to discussions on current affairs they would know that the IRS do not EVER call anyone by phone. All correspondence is done by mail. I had the same "the police are on their way" threat from a supposedly member of the iRS. I told him I was waiting at the door for them and kept asking him when they were supposed to arrive. I could see he was beginning to get a bit rattled after 15 minutes but he wouldn't give in and hang up. I asked him how the weather was in Bangladesh. He pretended ignorance. I then told him that I believe I once knew his mother when she worked cabaret at a strip bar and offered to share some of my experiences with him. He hung up immediately
I don’t think ‘paid more attention’ is the problem for the many, it’s more one of confusion. Especially when the type of people who make these calls, do so with the intent of confusing people into divulging things they normally would not.
Old Sep 13th 2019, 12:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I can understand how old folk get frightened and pay up or give bank account details etc.
There was a study done recently and although older people had lost more money to scams than younger folk, it was because older people had more money/savings to be scammed out of and the number of incidents of having been scammed was actually greater among the younger ones.

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
If old people paid more attention to discussions on current affairs they would know that the IRS do not EVER call anyone by phone. All correspondence is done by mail.
Not quite right. I have read on BE of US citizens receiving phone calls, genuine ones. I've had a phone call out of the blue from the Tax office in Canada too and wouldn't think it to be so different up here. So I was curious and the IRS website says this.
The IRS initiates most contacts through regular mail delivered by the United States Postal Service.However, there are special circumstances in which the IRS will call or come to a home or business, such as when a taxpayer has an overdue tax bill, to secure a delinquent tax return or a delinquent employment tax payment, or to tour a business as part of an audit or during criminal investigations. Even then, taxpayers will generally first receive several letters (called “notices”) from the IRS in the mail.

Note that the IRS does not:

• Call to demand immediate payment using a specific payment method such as a prepaid debit card, gift card or wire transfer. Generally, the IRS will first mail a bill to any taxpayer who owes taxes.
  • Demand that you pay taxes without the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe. You should also be advised of your rights as a taxpayer.
  • Threaten to bring in local police, immigration officers or other law-enforcement to have you arrested for not paying. The IRS also cannot revoke your driver’s license, business licenses, or immigration status. Threats like these are common tactics scam artists use to trick victims into buying into their schemes.
I had the same "the police are on their way" threat from a supposedly member of the iRS. I told him I was waiting at the door for them and kept asking him when they were supposed to arrive. I could see he was beginning to get a bit rattled after 15 minutes but he wouldn't give in and hang up. I asked him how the weather was in Bangladesh. He pretended ignorance. I then told him that I believe I once knew his mother when she worked cabaret at a strip bar and offered to share some of my experiences with him. He hung up immediately
Always like to read stuff like this
Old Sep 30th 2019, 3:17 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen this as I've been away from home.
Just hugs to you Mike.
It is fine to share and I am glad that you have and will.

Give yourself all the time

Old Oct 5th 2019, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, the UK's imagined Special Relationship; - all due to Britain's immense importance in the world.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...car-crash.html
Should the family get some free Disneyland passes plus baseball caps as compensation?
Old Oct 5th 2019, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Ah, the UK's imagined Special Relationship; - all due to Britain's immense importance in the world.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...car-crash.html
Airstrip One...

Old Oct 11th 2019, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Has there ever been a live chat thread tried on the forum or is this ideal far too dangerous knowing some of the nincompoops(goggle is my friend(that live on here
Old Oct 11th 2019, 12:59 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Has there ever been a live chat thread tried on the forum or is this ideal far too dangerous knowing some of the nincompoops(goggle is my friend(that live on here
There was many many years ago!
Old Oct 11th 2019, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I don't really know where to put this

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Yeah and what was it like bet it was fun .Guns kill people rabbits don`t
Old Oct 11th 2019, 2:13 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Yeah and what was it like bet it was fun .Guns kill people rabbits don`t
It was completely fine. Most people weren't interested in the stupid running arguments we have here now.

I also remember the Great Manc Radio Show. Ancient history.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Oct 11th 2019 at 2:28 pm.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.