British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   I don't really know where to put this (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/i-dont-really-know-where-put-927002/)

paulry Aug 19th 2019 9:26 am

Re: I don't really know where to put this

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12724694)
so you are going to play the "No True Scotsman" defence? You are going to be the gatekeeper of who truly is a Christian? Only the perfect may apply.

No not at all but just because a person says they are a Christian it doesn't mean they are.

kimilseung Aug 19th 2019 9:33 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12724705)
No not at all but just because a person says they are a Christian it doesn't mean they are.

Putting aside that that is a no true Scotsman defence, let's consider why someone might lie about it, and what that says about Christian values.

paulry Aug 19th 2019 9:39 am

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12724709)
Putting aside that that is a no true Scotsman defence, let's consider why someone might lie about it, and what that says about Christian values.

You tell me.

kimilseung Aug 19th 2019 9:42 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12724698)
While this thread began about something that occurred in the US there are many conversations here about the UK too so it's quite a mix. I will say one thing that is clear about the US is it's in a shocking mess and that hasn't all occurred since Pres Trump took office.

The most Christian influenced country in the western world has been in a shocking mess for some time, but a bit more christianing will fix it? Maybe they have been christianing wrong, but Paulry is here to tell them how to Christian right

paulry Aug 19th 2019 9:48 am

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12724713)
The most Christian influenced country in the western world has been in a shocking mess for some time, but a bit more christianing will fix it? Maybe they have been christianing wrong, but Paulry is here to tell them how to Christian right

Well your woke antidote doesn't appear to be working. ...If anything it's making matters worse!

jimenato Aug 19th 2019 9:51 am

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12724713)

A) They're not true Christians;)

B) They are true Christians but it's the atheists fault.

jimenato Aug 19th 2019 9:52 am

Must ask paulry, are you a Christian?

paulry Aug 19th 2019 9:55 am

President Trump might be right all along. Build a bloody wall around the whole country - to keep the troublesome buggers in!

kimilseung Aug 19th 2019 9:58 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12724717)
Well your woke antidote doesn't appear to be working. ...If anything it's making matters worse!

You seem to be losing your passion, I never expect logic or analysis from your posts, but I have come to expect a bit of commitment and passion from you. Put in a bit of effort man, your fighting Spirit has been waining these last few posts.come on now, let's see some of that Dunkirk spirit.

DaveLovesDee Aug 19th 2019 10:00 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12724693)
Actually no. It is the way of the woke these days. Don't like what others are saying? Throw the race/bigot/nazi card at them! Even you did it earlier. Take responsibility for what you wrote and go look at how race obsessed it made you look.

Then again, it's easier to blame the 'woke' than to admit they may have a point.

paulry Aug 19th 2019 10:13 am

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12724723)
You seem to be losing your passion, I never expect logic or analysis from your posts, but I have come to expect a bit of commitment and passion from you. Put in a bit of effort man, your fighting Spirit has been waining these last few posts.come on now, let's see some of that Dunkirk spirit.

Yeah. Alas, it's hard to get passionate when the opponents are stale and unchallenging. :zzz:

paulry Aug 19th 2019 10:14 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12724724)
Then again, it's easier to blame the 'woke' than to admit they may have a point.

Since when did the woke have a point worth entertaining?

DaveLovesDee Aug 19th 2019 10:51 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12724731)
Since when did the woke have a point worth entertaining?

Such dismissive arrogance. The point of social justice is to attempt to end social injustices, and to right the wrongs. And isn't that what everyone of reasonable morals should be doing? Especially if they claim to have good moral values, whether they're Christian or not.

paulry Aug 19th 2019 11:19 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12724736)
Such dismissive arrogance. The point of social justice is to attempt to end social injustices, and to right the wrongs. And isn't that what everyone of reasonable morals should be doing? Especially if they claim to have good moral values, whether they're Christian or not.

But you have no-one but yourselves to blame. To begin with people did take note. I remember a time when to begin with people accepted and adopted political correctness as the right and proper thing to end social injustices. But progressivism doesn't know when to stop. It pushed and pushed and pushed until anyone who raised concerns were silenced with accusations of racist/fascist/nazi. All of a sudden all men were judged as potential rapists, misogynists, and woman beaters. Everything about the Western world is wrong the nation state was sneered at as equal to nazi Germany and the western world must yield to out of control immigration. So sorry, save the accusation of "such dismissive arrogance" to yourself and to others like you. You had your chance to make a positive difference but you blew it big time! So now accept that conservatives are taking possession of the agenda and be grateful that we are going to do the right thing by everyone - irrespective of their race, gender, religion or whatever divisive identity subdivision that your lot have tried to impose upon us!

Lion in Winter Aug 19th 2019 11:56 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12724744)
But you have no-one but yourselves to blame. To begin with people did take note. I remember a time when to begin with people accepted and adopted political correctness as the right and proper thing to end social injustices. But progressivism doesn't know when to stop. It pushed and pushed and pushed until anyone who raised concerns were silenced with accusations of racist/fascist/nazi. All of a sudden all men were judged as potential rapists, misogynists, and woman beaters. Everything about the Western world is wrong the nation state was sneered at as equal to nazi Germany and the western world must yield to out of control immigration. So sorry, save the accusation of "such dismissive arrogance" to yourself and to others like you. You had your chance to make a positive difference but you blew it big time! So now accept that conservatives are taking possession of the agenda and be grateful that we are going to do the right thing by everyone - irrespective of their race, gender, religion or whatever divisive identity subdivision that your lot have tried to impose upon us!

Here, have a little sit down and a nice cup of tea. You'll feel better in a minute.