Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

I Britain a Hellhole

I Britain a Hellhole

Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:21 am
Canada Summer 09!

TheBabyBlueDevil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I Britain a Hellhole

Sorry JerseyGirl, I was contributing to the idea of Britain being a hell hole.

If I misundestood the nature of the board, apologies.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Can't agree there, for those of us really doing the emotional sums about going home, it's great to hear both sides of the coin. If we were all on this board with exactly the same opinion, it'd be a right boring place. I think we're on here looking for some sort of balanced opinions to help make that decision or at least bring some weight to the choice already made. The thread is called 'I Britain a Hellhole' after all.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
In that case this forum is not for you....it's for people who want to move back to the UK and for people who can help or support them.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBabyBlueDevil View Post
Sorry JerseyGirl, I was contributing to the idea of Britain being a hell hole.

If I misundestood the nature of the board, apologies.
No problem. BTW I've posted in your thread in the Canada forum. If I can help you with anything about attending a Toronto uni as an international student let me know.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:27 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzie View Post
Can't agree there, for those of us really doing the emotional sums about going home, it's great to hear both sides of the coin. If we were all on this board with exactly the same opinion, it'd be a right boring place. I think we're on here looking for some sort of balanced opinions to help make that decision or at least bring some weight to the choice already made. The thread is called 'I Britain a Hellhole' after all.
And of course the opinions of 16 year old Sun readers will be a great help to everyone
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:29 am

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elfman View Post
And of course the opinions of 16 year old Sun readers will be a great help to everyone
Perhaps they are some of the most important opinions in Britain today?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:40 am
Canada Summer 09!

Originally Posted by elfman View Post
I'd say they were, as I'm seeing first hand the effects of drugs and violence on some of my best mates, but if my opinion is worthless, then how ignorant you are.

@JerseyGirl - It's much appreciated.

@Shoz - Thank you for understanding my posistion.

Last edited by TheBabyBlueDevil; Jul 6th 2008 at 3:12 am.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'd like to know more. On these boards we hear various opinions of the state of Britain, either 'Britain is a hell hole and Oz is brilliant in comparison' or 'Britain isn't as bad as the papers say'. Yet here we have someone in the thick of it, at the age we're led to believe is that of most offenders and no one wants to listen. Well, I do and I've love to know what you're seeing in the UK amongst your friends, is it just in certain areas or is it widespread and why? I've got a 15 yr and 13 yr old to think of if we return.

I'd say they were, as I'm seeing first hand the effects of drugs and violence on some of my best mates, but if my opinion is worthless, then how ignorant you are.

@JerseyGirl - It's much appreciated.

@Shoz - Thank you for understanding my posistion.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:20 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

when I was 16 I at least had a sense of humour

so have you ever lived anywhere other than Swansea?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:31 am
Canada Summer 09!

The problem is it's getting harder to say no.

Luckily my mates respect my decision not to indulge with them - cocaine, weed, hard alcohol etc., which they all do.

However I know of people battered for not partaking.

Fights are a regular thing, I know people who carry knives, pepper spray etc.

2 of my friends are also starting to deal weed, as "what else is there to do?"

If I had not known these people before they got like this, I'd likely have been beaten or seduced by drugs and violence.

And even though they never threaten me to try "new things", they are forever asking.

I'm not sure about the areas, but Swansea is pretty messed up.

RE your kids, make sure you know who they are friends with. My parents know my mates slightly, but nowhere near the scale they are actually on.

@Elfman, sense of humours round here somewhere, I'll look tomorrow And no, its been various areas of Swansea all my life.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

No wonder you want to get out - new start and all that. I think I'd have a hard time finding my sense of humour some days with all that going on. I can't believe you're only 16, you write with such maturity..or isn't the British education system as bad as it's made out to be. I've friends on the Gower and they can't wait to be out and can't believe we want to go back. I was a std in Ponty in the 80's...now that was bleak!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:51 am
Canada Summer 09!

Thanks, I've just enjoyed writing all my life.

And the British education system is ballsed, my old English teacher regularly smokes weed and takes ecstasy.

As for the Gower, I couldn't comment as I never go there, or never lived there.

But I need a place away from the drugs and violence, and I'm doing my level best to ensure my cousins, both under 10, don't fall in with the wrong crowds.

That is how young things start around here - there is an 11 year old with a knife conviction 5 minutes up the road.

ezzie, do you know Clydach at all? Particularly Sunnybank and Graig Felen?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I've just enjoyed writing all my life.

And the British education system is ballsed, my old English teacher regularly smokes weed and takes ecstasy.

As for the Gower, I couldn't comment as I never go there, or never lived there.

But I need a place away from the drugs and violence, and I'm doing my level best to ensure my cousins, both under 10, don't fall in with the wrong crowds.

That is how young things start around here - there is an 11 year old with a knife conviction 5 minutes up the road.

ezzie, do you know Clydach at all? Particularly Sunnybank and Graig Felen?
There are good and bad areas in every city, throughout the world...Toronto is no different.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:04 am
Canada Summer 09!

I understand that, but it is pretty much a 100% garantee it will not be as bad as here.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I understand that, but it is pretty much a 100% garantee it will not be as bad as here.
How do you know that...you said you hadn't been to T.O.? The other side of the grass is always greener.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:41 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Are you planning on university? That should get you out of where you are. Not the drugs, probably, but the violence and what sounds like frustration with lack of mental stimulation.

Don't necessarily look too far for your escape. The "best" schools around here are full of drugs, I'm told, and years back, my son's school in Ottawa, one of the best, had drugs, and pimps regularly cruising looking to entice girls into prostitution. Probably boys, too, if it comes to that.

Bev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.