Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

How much of this is TRUE??!!

How much of this is TRUE??!!

Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Niceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to all
Default Re: How much of this is TRUE??!!

Just got in and am shocked to read the posts that's there after I gone to bed.

Also I'm glad to see it's back on track.

First off I am not racist and it's obviously difficult to explain your feelings with just words as you can't see expressions or peoples attitude.

What I'm trying to get it is I'm happy for other religions come here or foreigners to come here, and when you come here, mix with us and abide by our rules and regulations.

I have worked with many polish people in distribution, many of them can't and I mean can't speak a word of english and so there are interpretors available for them during interviews, briefings, meeting, and health and safety sessions. Now can you imagine going to their country and getting a job and have an interpretors to be available for you? It just wouldn't happen! So why does Britain do it. notice I said Britain, we not called Great Britain anymore - wonder why.

Now the foreigners stick together, the will not interact with you!

Now back to Muslims / Sikhs, now when they're thinking they own the country, they do, they look at you like dog muck, simple as. However, have you tried talking to them??!! You will not get a response, if you do, it's normally a raised voice that you can't understand. Is this fair?? At the end of the day you are in our country, so please be sociable to the people that have and do run it and for many generations on.

I was watching a program on TV with an inside view on Muslim school. There was hidden camera catching the lesson. In those lesson, beside the teacher/s hitting the pupil They were reading extracts and being taught to hate us??!! This is our country, if you don't like us, don't come here, not brain wash children and beat them!

The benefits system is a joke, my family, apart from fathers side, but mothers side is all on benefits FULL STOP / PERIOD. If I think benefits isn't what it's cracked up to be, then why don't they look at sorting themselves out? So when it comes to people on benefits, I should know as was brought up with it, I know my family, I know the deprived areas where people are just on benefits, I do work for people on benefits and I tell you they got all the Tv packages, latest phones, PS3 and Xbox with stacks of games, DVDs galore, widescreen Tvs. They got the lot and if living in a council house, any problems and you phone council and they get a contracted company around to fix / renew things. If their council tax and rent goes up, do they care, no it's payed for with benefits. If they have non household items for rubbish, they have it taken for free with refuge collection, I don't, I either pay, or have to take it to be recycled myself. When our grass needs cutting, we do it. They don't have to. I do know about this, I was brought up with this and now been living in the real world where I pay for everything, I know the difference.

The foreigners come over here and work, and that is fine, but after you payed your living, you shouldn't be sending the money back home as it would take months or years to get that amount. Then when that business closes you go back home and enjoy what you've earned. That just isn't right as you have taken the job away from a british citizen, unless we're in capable of doing it, which we not as it's mostly factory, distribution and production line work. We managed before and we'll manage fine without them.

Don't get me wrong we got foreign medical people, plenty of them and these guys are incredible, yes Britain does need you, but for other stuff? I cant think of what and why.

Now also with the benefits system for foreigners, I worked with a polish girl. She didn't know a word of english. She was a good looking girl fair play to her. Anyway, she was pregnant and went on to maternity. No probs, her job was kept open. She came back off maternity 10 months later, by the time she came back, she was already 3 months pregnant again?? She was only part time and used to look forward going to work on the days she was in. So with her being part time 8 hours a week and renting, how the hell did she have a 2 year old BMW??!! Smart car, smart girl, lovely job, so where's the money to afford all this, her bloke wasn't working according to the other people I worked with. Despite her looks I soon changed my mind once I seen her driving and on a mobile, while pregnant. My thoughts were if you want to floor the car and be on your mobile, then go :curse: back to your own country and be dangerous.

So there are plenty of people in Canada who where the Burka, Turban, Hijab etc, so what, I don't care, what I do care about though, is if I say hello, or talk to you, then respond back, don't separate yourselves from us.

The governments response to foreigners to keep the peace about their religion, is many schools don't have Christmas nativity plays anymore as their religion don't believe in Jesus!! So what it's just a play, a nice day out to see your children perform in the spirit of christmas around the corner, but it's been stopped, thanks to the other religions that swarm the UK.

Have you heard the nursery rhyme Ba Ba Black Sheep, it's god knows how old, but it has been stopped in the UK as it's classed as racist! WTF UK government are you serious.

Then the councils - don't know if it's succeeded yet, but the spotted dick pudding has to now be called spotted Richard?! his is because of offense.

Also in the UK, do you know what the most popular boys name is?? It's Mohammed, that's right, the UK has more Muslims and Sikh than us british??!! Don't believe me, here's the proof: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ack-Harry.html

Again, how is the UKs punishment for lack of respect to the people who died in the war for freedom of this country? Read here about the muslim who burns poppies: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12664346

How about I go to their country and protest and burn a picture of Allah, their god. I tell you they would burn me and have a party over it - probably like much of the members on the forum would love to do to me now

Look at Canadas rule for employment (So I've read). If there is a canadian plumber and then there's me UK plumber, the employer would have to take their canadian plumber on. UK for the employer to show he's not racist, he has to take the foreinger on, or there's a big problem that could escalate to courts for RACISM!

Now I know I mention foreigners many times, but If I am lucky enough to come to canada, what does that make me, a FOREIGNER, however, I'll be there to work, support my life and everything I want. I am there to settle down, buy a home, work and at some point die there, unless some forum members find out where I live, then I'll die in the UK So all my money earned is going back into the country, it's not going to be sent home to friends and family, unless it's a gift, but it's not for supporting their lives here.

I whole heartidly agree with woodworm on :

THIS IS MY COUNTRY!
And, because I make
this statement
DOES NOT
mean I'm against immigration!!!
YOU ARE WELCOME HERE,
IN MY COUNTRY!
Welcome!

To come through legally:

1. Get a sponsor!
2. Get a place to lay your head!
3. Get a job!
4. Live by OUR Rules!
5. Pay YOUR Taxes!
and
6. Learn French and English like immigrants
have in the past!!!
7. Don't demand that we hand over our lifetime
savings of welfare benefits to you.

This is how the UK should be and if am lucky enough to come to Canada, then these are the rules I WILL FOLLOW.

This is a long post and the thread is also long, but I see people on here with high posts and I think now it's time to stop as it is causing friction. I came here for help, advice and hopefully make friends, so, so far so good! Seriously I apologise if I upset anyone, but I thought everyone is entitled to speak as they please minus language and name calling of course and all things spoke about is about experiences.

Now Piff Poff, you want to call me a name, please PM me I won't mind, but please justify. I've hope I've justified my reasons to how things are in the UK, I haven't said I don't like UK, because I don't.

If UK was good, then why are so many british people trying to get out.

As far as I'm concerned I've said enough on this thread to justify on how I feel and how things should be different. It ain't going to be different, so I will move on in hope that things will be different, but only one way to find out.

If there is a UK citizen out there and that does agree or doesn't agree, then please post away. So far it looks like I'm making it up and stirring trouble. As LucyLovelock said we can't fly our flag, in reference it can offend. Our rights and pleasures to show how proud we are have gone.

I would say thanks for your time in reading this, but thanks for your days instead.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Niceblokey View Post
Just got in and am shocked to read the posts that's there after I gone to bed.

Also I'm glad to see it's back on track.

First off I am not racist and it's obviously difficult to explain your feelings with just words as you can't see expressions or peoples attitude.

What I'm trying to get it is I'm happy for other religions come here or foreigners to come here, and when you come here, mix with us and abide by our rules and regulations.

I have worked with many polish people in distribution, many of them can't and I mean can't speak a word of english and so there are interpretors available for them during interviews, briefings, meeting, and health and safety sessions. Now can you imagine going to their country and getting a job and have an interpretors to be available for you? It just wouldn't happen! So why does Britain do it. notice I said Britain, we not called Great Britain anymore - wonder why.

Now back to Muslims / Sikhs, now when they're thinking they own the country, they do, they look at you like dog muck, simple as. However, have you tried talking to them??!! You will not get a response, if you do, it's normally a raised voice that you can't understand. Is this fair?? At the end of the day you are in our country, so please be sociable to the people that have and do run it and for many generations on.

I was watching a program on TV with an inside view on Muslim school. There was hidden camera catching the lesson. In those lesson, beside the teacher/s hitting the pupil They were reading extracts and being taught to hate us??!! This is our country, if you don't like us, don't come here, not brain wash children and beat them!

The benefits system is a joke, my family, apart from fathers side, but mothers side is all on benefits FULL STOP / PERIOD. If I think benefits isn't what it's cracked up to be, then why don't they look at sorting themselves out? So when it comes to people on benefits, I should know as was brought up with it, I know my family, I know the deprived areas where people are just on benefits, I do work for people on benefits and I tell you they got all the Tv packages, latest phones, PS3 and Xbox with stacks of games, DVDs galore, widescreen Tvs. They got the lot and if living in a council house, any problems and you phone council and they get a contracted company around to fix / renew things. If their council tax and rent goes up, do they care, no it's payed for with benefits. If they have non household items for rubbish, they have it taken for free with refuge collection, I don't, I either pay, or have to take it to be recycled myself. When our grass needs cutting, we do it. They don't have to. I do know about this, I was brought up with this and now been living in the real world where I pay for everything, I know the difference.

The foreigners come over here and work, and that is fine, but after you payed your living, you shouldn't be sending the money back home as it would take months or years to get that amount. Then when that business closes you go back home and enjoy what you've earned. That just isn't right as you have taken the job away from a british citizen, unless we're in capable of doing it, which we not as it's mostly factory, distribution and production line work. We managed before and we'll manage fine without them.

Don't get me wrong we got foreign medical people, plenty of them and these guys are incredible, yes Britain does need you, but for other stuff? I cant think of what and why.

Now also with the benefits system for foreigners, I worked with a polish girl. She didn't know a word of english. She was a good looking girl fair play to her. Anyway, she was pregnant and went on to maternity. No probs, her job was kept open. She came back off maternity 10 months later, by the time she came back, she was already 3 months pregnant again?? She was only part time and used to look forward going to work on the days she was in. So with her being part time 8 hours a week and renting, how the hell did she have a 2 year old BMW??!! Smart car, smart girl, lovely job, so where's the money to afford all this, her bloke wasn't working according to the other people I worked with. Despite her looks I soon changed my mind once I seen her driving and on a mobile, while pregnant. My thoughts were if you want to floor the car and be on your mobile, then go :curse: back to your own country and be dangerous.

So there are plenty of people in Canada who where the Burka, Turban, Hijab etc, so what, I don't care, what I do care about though, is if I say hello, or talk to you, then respond back, don't separate yourselves from us.

The governments response to foreigners to keep the peace about their religion, is many schools don't have Christmas nativity plays anymore as their religion don't believe in Jesus!! So what it's just a play, a nice day out to see your children perform in the spirit of christmas around the corner, but it's been stopped, thanks to the other religions that swarm the UK.

Have you heard the nursery rhyme Ba Ba Black Sheep, it's god knows how old, but it has been stopped in the UK as it's classed as racist! WTF UK government are you serious.

Then the councils - don't know if it's succeeded yet, but the spotted dick pudding has to now be called spotted Richard?! his is because of offense.

Also in the UK, do you know what the most popular boys name is?? It's Mohammed, that's right, the UK has more Muslims and Sikh than us british??!! Don't believe me, here's the proof: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ack-Harry.html

Again, how is the UKs punishment for lack of respect to the people who died in the war for freedom of this country? Read here about the muslim who burns poppies: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12664346

How about I go to their country and protest and burn a picture of Allah, their god. I tell you they would burn me and have a party over it - probably like much of the members on the forum would love to do to me now

Look at Canadas rule for employment (So I've read). If there is a canadian plumber and then there's me UK plumber, the employer would have to take their canadian plumber on. UK for the employer to show he's not racist, he has to take the foreinger on, or there's a big problem that could escalate to courts for RACISM!

Now I know I mention foreigners many times, but If I am lucky enough to come to canada, what does that make me, a FOREIGNER, however, I'll be there to work, support my life and everything I want. I am there to settle down, buy a home, work and at some point die there, unless some forum members find out where I live, then I'll die in the UK So all my money earned is going back into the country, it's not going to be sent home to friends and family, unless it's a gift, but it's not for supporting their lives here.

I whole heartidly agree with woodworm on :

THIS IS MY COUNTRY!
And, because I make
this statement
DOES NOT
mean I'm against immigration!!!
YOU ARE WELCOME HERE,
IN MY COUNTRY!
Welcome!

To come through legally:

1. Get a sponsor!
2. Get a place to lay your head!
3. Get a job!
4. Live by OUR Rules!
5. Pay YOUR Taxes!
and
6. Learn French and English like immigrants
have in the past!!!
7. Don't demand that we hand over our lifetime
savings of welfare benefits to you.

This is how the UK should be and if am lucky enough to come to Canada, then these are the rules I WILL FOLLOW.

This is a long post and the thread is also long, but I see people on here with high posts and I think now it's time to stop as it is causing friction. I came here for help, advice and hopefully make friends, so, so far so good! Seriously I apologise if I upset anyone, but I thought everyone is entitled to speak as they please minus language and name calling of course and all things spoke about is about experiences.

Now Piff Poff, you want to call me a name, please PM me I won't mind, but please justify. I've hope I've justified my reasons to how things are in the UK, I haven't said I don't like UK, because I don't.

As far as I'm concerned I've said enough on this thread to justify on how I feel and how things should be different. It ain't going to be different, so I will move on in hope that things will be different, but only one way to find out.

If there is a UK citizen out there and that does agree or doesn't agree, then please post away. So far it looks like I'm making it up and stirring trouble. As LucyLovelock said we can't fly our flag, in reference it can offend. Our rights and pleasures to show how proud we are have gone.

I would say thanks for your time in reading this, but thanks for your days instead.
You sir, are a comic genius. There are not enough superlatives one can express.

Last edited by Oink; Mar 24th 2011 at 8:09 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:59 pm
Henry Bear

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Your going to have a shock when you get here then as the locals tend to keep themselves to themselves and it's fairly hard to break into social circles. I have had comments about foreigners taking jobs from Canadians, they then realise they are talking to a foreigner and back track.

The benefits system is a joke, my family, apart from fathers side, but mothers side is all on benefits FULL STOP / PERIOD. If I think benefits isn't what it's cracked up to be, then why don't they look at sorting themselves out? So when it comes to people on benefits, I should know as was brought up with it, I know my family, I know the deprived areas where people are just on benefits, I do work for people on benefits and I tell you they got all the Tv packages, latest phones, PS3 and Xbox with stacks of games, DVDs galore, widescreen Tvs. They got the lot and if living in a council house, any problems and you phone council and they get a contracted company around to fix / renew things. If their council tax and rent goes up, do they care, no it's payed for with benefits. If they have non household items for rubbish, they have it taken for free with refuge collection, I don't, I either pay, or have to take it to be recycled myself. When our grass needs cutting, we do it. They don't have to. I do know about this, I was brought up with this and now been living in the real world where I pay for everything, I know the difference

Now you offended me about the benefit system, whilst I agree there are people out there that know how to 'work' the system, there are many that don't and unless you have a case or social worker it's very hard to find out what your entitled too. You tarred everyone with the same brush. It is no picnic living on benefits believe me, eight pound a week after essential bills does not go very far in food and clothes required, let alone in luxury items like washing machines and cleaning equipment and paint and lawnmowers, carpets, curtains, etc. So no you don't know the difference, you know one side of it.

If it wasn't for the benefit system my daughter would have been taken into care and I would have been on the streets.

There are just as many trying ot get back too, just look at the MBTTUK forum
If you think Canada does not have social problems then you really have got some pretty coloured glasses on.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:13 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

<rant>
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the claims made here are weak. Mohammed may be the most popular name for new born boys but that doesn't make it the most popular for all boys. The popularity of this name says nothing about the relative number of Muslims and Sikhs in the UK, certainly not "more than us british" and, in any case, the condition of being British is not exclusive of being Muslim nor Sikh. The evidence cited is from a notoriously unreliable and biased source.

All in all, a feeble effort.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:15 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Duh! It's the spirit of the holidays. Don't come over here and start using the C word, it'll get you in bother.

I'll fight that through the courts. My freckles don't need to be the object of mirth, thank you.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

"Yes, and then thers all them Hitalian horgin grinders, an’ the blokes wot sells ‘ot chesnuts; an’ wen I was goin’ ‘ome last night I see a lot of them Frenchies selin’ hunions, an’ a little wile afterwards I met two more of ‘em comin’ up the street with a bear.”
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:33 pm

zRichi is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate I totally understand ya.

It always sickens me how the left are so sickeningly self righteous. If they had known any kind of poverty in their lives they would understand the tensions of race hate in most areas of London, Manchester, Leeds etc. Thingsa like the Bradford/Leeds riots go almost unreported in this country so those of the far left (mostly the middle classes in the burbs) seem to think this country is one multi cultural haven. I always tend to think the left see the world how it should be but the right see the world how it is. (I'm not talking about ridiculous far right where they discriminate on skin/beard colour)

I pretty much agree with all you said however it's worth mentioning:

baby names are diversifying amongst most English speaking countries, traditional names like Richard/Edward etc. now are being replaced with an effort to be individual (for instance my mates just had a babe and he's named her Freya, my colleague just had a kid and named him Sorren)

Mohammed is popular because (like the irish) they have traditions and pass on those names (my irish family have a thing where they name their first born son John, then their second born son Patrick....Family tree just goes John, Patrick, John etc.) and that's to do heavily with religion for both (saints for Irish and Mohammed for muslim prophet).

HOWEVER
These problems are everywhere. I spent a year in Malaysia and the locals moaned constantly about Pakistanis (I'm not being racist they actually did) and indonesians coming there and doing all sorts of gnarly sh*t like crapping on public walkways etc.
I spent a year in Europe and the common consensus in Switzerland was that too many people were on benefits.

Before anyone wants to play the race card for agreeing with him I'm a half mauritian/half irish guy. And my father came here at 18 and worked his entire life and had values. Shame on the left wing for playing the race card so hard the only people proud to wave St Georges cross are the far right, making it a racist symbol.

EDIT: BTW I wouldnt move to Canada thinking these issues dont exist. As I said these problems are everywhere and Im sure Canada has its own side to social issues.
You just gotta learn to live and let live.
One thing I will say though, when in Malaysia i was seeing a muslim lawyer that studied her degree in Norwich and her masters in Scotland and she said she didnt stay because the muslims in England would yell at her to wear her scarf when she was going out clubbing and in general muslims in Malaysia remind me of catholics in Ireland... they go to church/mosque for their parents but then are out having fun at the weekend. Id be interested to know why muslims in britain are far more orthodox in comparison to Thailand/Malaysia that are actual muslim countries.

Last edited by zRichi; Mar 24th 2011 at 8:50 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:44 pm

There’s an absolutely heavenly Pakistani restaurant called Tayyabs in Whitechapel. Be warned, they don’t take same day reservations.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:54 pm

Best luk sar I ever ate was cooked by a pakistani in Thailand. He had a chain of 3 restaurants in Phuket. Started as a street cooker actually.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:07 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zRichi View Post
Before anyone wants to play the race card for agreeing with him I'm a half mauritian/half irish guy.

What's your own race got to do with this? Are you suggesting half mauritian/half irish folk can't possibly be racist?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:10 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Niceblokey,

Alot of people leave the UK for the same reasons you speak of. I was pretty peed off with stuff like that too, although not as peed as you are. After becoming an immigrant myself, I can see more clearly and do not let so many things get to me like that.

I moved to Canada (almost) 4 years ago.

Things are not totally great here either. The whole world is going PC mad and trying not to offend anyone, apart from the people who were born in that Country.

I go to see my child perform in her 'Christmas' play here in canada and in 2009 it was a performance about fish and in 2010 they just sang loads of songs, nothing about Christmas. I just didn't enjoy it at all. I'm not even religious but its kinda cute to see the kids dress up and act out a play.
They celebrate the 'holidays' here, just like in the UK.

Actually, when my child was in nursery just before we came to Canada, the nursery staff rebelled against not doing a religious play and their last Christmas play was traditional and all the kids were so cute.

I agree there are alot of benefit scroungers in the UK that should just get off their fat, lazy backsides and get jobs. There are also people on benefits who have lost their job, maybe not by choice. Their are people that just have no choice to be on benefits for a while.

There are people of many religions. Some (and I say some, not all) do not interact with westerners at all and to be honest, now I can see why. We have nothing in common, we come from different cultures and believe in different ways of life. I guess they just want a better life for their families too, so they leave their homeland where it is often very difficult to be a woman.
It is hard sometimes for an English westerner to mix into another English westerner Country, so think how hard it must be for them.

Good luck to you when you come here, cos you will find it's not too different.

Oh, and stop reading the Daily Mail and infact any british tabloid crap cos most of the time they make this stuff up to get a reaction like yours

Last edited by Lorry1; Mar 24th 2011 at 9:12 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:15 pm

I think there's confusion between the terms of race and ethnicity as technically we're all human.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Lorry1 View Post
Niceblokey,

Alot of people leave the UK for the same reasons you speak of. I was pretty peed off with stuff like that too, although not as peed as you are. After becoming an immigrant myself, I can see more clearly and do not let so many things get to me like that.

I moved to Canada (almost) 4 years ago.

Things are not totally great here either. The whole world is going PC mad and trying not to offend anyone, apart from the people who were born in that Country.

I go to see my child perform in her 'Christmas' play here in canada and in 2009 it was a performance about fish and in 2010 they just sang loads of songs, nothing about Christmas. I just didn't enjoy it at all. I'm not even religious but its kinda cute to see the kids dress up and act out a play.
They celebrate the 'holidays' here, just like in the UK.

Actually, when my child was in nursery just before we came to Canada, the nursery staff rebelled against not doing a religious play and their last Christmas play was traditional and all the kids were so cute.

I agree there are alot of benefit scroungers in the UK that should just get off their fat, lazy backsides and get jobs. There are also people on benefits who have lost their job, maybe not by choice. Their are people that just have no choice to be on benefits for a while.

There are people of many religions. Some (and I say some, not all) do not interact with westerners at all and to be honest, now I can see why. We have nothing in common, we come from different cultures and believe in different ways of life. I guess they just want a better life for their families too, so they leave their homeland where it is often very difficult to be a woman.
It is hard sometimes for an English westerner to mix into another English westerner Country, so think how hard it must be for them.

Good luck to you when you come here, cos you will find it's not too different.

Oh, and stop reading the Daily Mail and infact any british tabloid crap cos most of the time they make this stuff up to get a reaction like yours

Why is this a bad thing?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:26 pm

They cant when you take even a leisurely glance over my family tree.

My grandad was vietnamese, my gran is indian and my great grandad was Chinese. My great grandad on the other side was French. Im sure if I delved even slightly further back my genetics would be spread even further across the planet.

Its an important thing to mention because otherwise youre post wouldve just said "racist", as is the most comon tactic amongst the left wing middle classes when discussing concerns at our immigration levels. Not to say I ever really discuss them tbh, Im just playing devils advocate.

I'll rest my hat in a city where immigrants and faiths get along great together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.