Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

How much of this is TRUE??!!

How much of this is TRUE??!!

Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:27 pm

zRichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much of this is TRUE??!!

Ok that was unfair of me to assume you are left wing middle class. Never the less that has been a trick of the left for almost 30 years to twist and turn an arguement into racism which immediately puts the right wing guy slightly concerned about immigration levels into a racist.

Its an effective tactic as before I can open my mouth again Im already on the defensive. Look at Ianks follow up post. Its like a rehearsed script.

But its fine, Im not too fussed what people think of my random postings on the net.

Can we move on from this instead? Or shall I break out photos of me and my family in Mauritus to garner your approval that Im not a St georges cross tattoed angry skin head?
I added more to my original post and hope NiceBlokey has a read

@niceblokey
You sound like a decent bloke mate but it might be worth trying to spend a few months abroad and getting to mingle with locals. It was an eye opener for me to see Malaysians moaning about the influx of Burmese and Indonesians. These problems do exist everywhere. You'll be in for a massive shock if you go to Canada thinking the welfare culture doesn't exist or that poor foreigners won't be there. (Poverty is the root of the issue in truth).

Last edited by zRichi; Mar 24th 2011 at 10:35 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:29 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
Where to begin.
I'm going to start with the reference to Fox 'news'.

Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Niceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Josephliam View Post
This saddens me so much, you really don't have a clue blokey.

You are moving to Canada for pretty much the same reason the groups of people you have discriminated against moved from there own country.

How hypocritical of you, you think its fine for you to seek a better life in Canada but dont afford thoses who try this in the UK the opportunity.

You will be surprised when you move here that people will have misconceptions about you, they will label you wrongly based on there own perceptions of the British. You will be upset i guarantee. However please stop to think about the horrible rant and xenophobia you have exhibited on this forum and you may realise that sometimes people need to take step to expand there knowledge before blasting other people.
I couldn't agree more with you, yes I'm trying to get out for a better life, just like they did.

However I don't understand as to why they can't accept us, why do they single us out as people they shouldn't deal with?

This is like me going to canada and deciding not to mix with all the other people there? Keep this going till there's millions of british people over there, practising our religion(whatever we have), bringing up our children to hate canadians etc and don't mix at all. What would the canadian citizens say about this?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zRichi View Post
Look at Ianks follow up post. Its like a rehearsed script.
Which one? Never mind, I probably havent said anything original here in years anyway.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Niceblokey View Post
This is like me going to canada and deciding not to mix with all the other people there? Keep this going till there's millions of british people over there, practising our religion(whatever we have), bringing up our children to hate canadians etc and don't mix at all. What would the canadian citizens say about this?
That's exactly what Canadian citizens do; mingle with people from the country of thier birth and mock the people born in Canada.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:35 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't agree more with you, yes I'm trying to get out for a better life, just like they did.

However I don't understand as to why they can't accept us, why do they single us out as people they shouldn't deal with?

But this IS how it is in Canada. They would call it a "cultural patchwork quilt" or something, as opposed to the melting pot of the states. Its one of the things some Canadians are proud of... Others just scratch their head at the way city folk live and get back on their Tractor and go bring the harvest in.

The advantage canada has is lots of space to allow this to happen.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

What I mean by this, this is the most popular name for new born boys. Now given the choice, how many british citizens would call their new born Mohammed? It would come from the family that has these names as the normal. I'm british, and my name is David. David is just a normal name in the UK. Now I understand the way I'm thinking of this, but then again, no doubt it's going to offend someone.

The sources aren't just the daily mail, it's also the telegraph, catholic culture, bbc and most of all Fox News.
This was in the news a while ago. There are quite a lot of variations in the spelling of the name mohammed - if they are all lumped together then it is the most common first name for males born last year in the UK. That's the case because it seems nearly every muslim baby is named mohammed whereas the choice of names in other communities is much wider.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Niceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to allNiceblokey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iaink View Post
Plus the fact that most of us still have a connection to the UK, family, friends and that, and we know there are certainly parts of it that are perfectly nice to live in, so posting in a manner that would have the casual observer think that the whole country has gone to the dogs is going to be a hard sell.

Yes on the whole the painted picture is, don't touch britain with a paint brush.

Yet just an 45 minute drive away, there's brecon and the scenery and sights are so wonderful, even Bob Ross would have a problem painting it.

There are some wonderful towns, and some wonderful cities, and UK would be nice as a holiday, it's just with the way the government is running it, it is going down hill fast. For people who are working, we're also struggling. This country prides itself on being independent, rich, full of opportunities and the end result is.....................None of these, may be independence, but then I guess if we need help, then the other countries in the EU should be there for us. I wonder?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:45 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Ah Government. Wasnt there an election there a while ago that caused a change in Government? Canada is perhaps having one of those soon too, although the status quo might not change much.

Governments come and go, politics in itself is a very short term reason for a long term change of location.

Taxation, political infighting, recession, cost cutting, immigrants, law and order issues... we have all that here too. Substitute the US for the EU and throw in work going to mexico and china and its the same shit in a different bucket.

Last edited by iaink; Mar 24th 2011 at 10:48 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:47 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

What truly, Niceblokey, are you wanting to emmigrate to achieve?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:48 pm

You're in for a world of hurt mate, Im afraid to say.

Live in Canada for two years and you'll be getting your ear bent on how the gub'ments gone to crap and its all going to hell. These issues are timeless and in a sense dont really exist. How much do they affect your life, really? Oz is more social whereas canadians aren't that much. As a reminder to how you're going to be treated remember how Scots, Welsh and Irish get treated in England!! Thats what you'll get when you go to Canada.

Do yourself a favour mate, stop watching the news and watch a comedy instead. The media is a dangerous thing and can create a sensation out of the tiniest thing. That was before real news came along like Egypt, Libya and Japan though.

Last edited by zRichi; Mar 24th 2011 at 10:53 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Josephliam is on a distinguished road

Blokey where are you moving to? I would love to sit down with you and help you intergrate into Canada, maybe take you around someplace introduce you to people from all walks of life i know.

Then maybe you would realise that the people you keep refering to as 'THEY' are not all the same and as diverse as you and me. So please stop refering to Muslims as a behavioral group as each person is a free thinker.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

reeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
Where to begin.
i know ... wow...

i just read this thread from start to finish, out of morbid curiosity tbh.

i was born in Britain, but grew up in Canada. I was treated terrible as a child because I lived in a small village in Alberta with many small minded children. I was teased on a daily basis for being British. This went on for over 10 years. Long after i lost my accent.

Every country has judgmental people, racist people, people who work the system with the benefits.

I have been an immigrant since I was 5 years old, I am white, i got the torment - because I was British. It was funny to them- a right laugh! I said the white bit because you need to understand it is not about burkas or colour or anything specific. It is about being different. Canada is not the heavenly place people go on about. As a pingponger, I have to say - figure out what you really want in life. Stop complaining about everything that is pissing u off, we often use those things to "excuse" or "give emphasis" to our decisions. The problem with that is that when you get yourself into a worse situation down the line in another country ... that is when the ping ponging starts.

I hated the UK when I came back the first time. I had all the same complaints as you, well most of em :-) Took me being back in Canada for 1 year and I knew I had made a mistake. I spent the next 3 years looking inside of myself and figuring out what i wanted out of life. Then figured out where i would get that.

Stop being pissed off about the system and the things you see around you.

This may sound trite : But only you can make you happy.

Some people can make happiness in the worst situations, others choose to wallow in the misery. I was a wallower. It cost my family alot for me to learn not to be a wallower, we sold up everything in the UK, everything we had built up and a great lifestyle. Needless to say I wallow no longer lol

forgive me if this post is too random, my kids have been arguing about the tv the whole time i was typing... somethings NEVER change!

all the best

reeni
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:52 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

This might not be PC but I don’t think British people who come over to Canada should have to kowtow to Canadians and their culture. Why should we have to give up our traditions like football and Christmas just to fit in with the locals? If they don’t like it that’s their tough luck, I'm not going to start watching ice hockey or clubbing seals just to be like them. I’ll what I’ll do, I’ll have a tee-shirt made that says, "I assimilated your mum."

Last edited by Oink; Mar 24th 2011 at 10:54 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:17 pm

A lot of racism is based on ignorance and no offense NiceBlokey but you do come across a bit....naive (less offensive than ignorant!).

I met a few people in St Albans (where I currently reside, not 40 mins from London) that HAVEN'T left the UK. Ever. 40 god damn quid to pretty much anywhere in Europe and haven't left the UK!!!

My suggestion mate is collect all your holiday together and take a month in Canada. It'll open your eyes to realise that your an outsider and you probably never will be an insider. Specially if you go out toward the sticks.

And Josephliam "they" can be referred to as a collective. As they live their life by a book and a pastor, priest. The same as Christianity. They can be referred to as a they because if one of their leaders (the pope for instance) was to come up with some crazy batshit idea of say telling the africans not to use condoms amidst an epidemic that wipes out 3.1 million people a year you can guess that most Christians will obey them. Seeing how Africans aren't all that well educated they still perform circumcisions for the complete removal of the womans clitoris and most of the boys penis. Seeing as how most muslim countries aren't that well educated either they tend to follow the rules of the bible/koran to a tea. If a pastor twists a passage to his own will why would someone from Ghana/Palestine question it?
That is not free thinking.

Last edited by zRichi; Mar 24th 2011 at 11:23 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.