Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Hillary Clinton 2020 Presidental Candidate?

View Poll Results: Will Hillary Clinton run in 2020 US Election
YES
17.39%
No
82.61%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Hillary Clinton 2020 Presidental Candidate?

Old Oct 10th 2019, 1:06 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hillary Clinton 2020 Presidental Candidate?

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
There are a number of posters on these POTUS threads who, while (apparently) not supporting Trump and his cohorts either criticise every single opponent (are they all bad?) -which almost looks supportive of Trump or are, at least, an apologist for him - or glories in the man's excesses.

I'm sure BIP is not one but the lack of condemnation is a puzzle unless one is completely uninterested. Perhaps that explains Johnwoo's comment about seeming to support him.
That you take my neutrality as tacit support probably says more about your own bias than my political position.

As a general rule I don’t presume to tell anyone how to vote, particularly when it concerns a country other than my own. I am also trying to keep on topic.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 1:51 am
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
That you take my neutrality as tacit support probably says more about your own bias than my political position.

As a general rule I don’t presume to tell anyone how to vote, particularly when it concerns a country other than my own. I am also trying to keep on topic.
It's not really about telling someone how to vote and the Trump thread has plenty of posts about Clinton too. Just as there are several Brexit threads overlapping each other. That can't be avoided.

Neutrality is not just about not taking a side. Surely it also means not being against only one side.

Criticising the democrats while admitting to not condemning Trump doesn't sound neutral.

I suppose that you may mean you are neutral on Trump. That would be quite remarkable.

Last edited by BristolUK; Oct 10th 2019 at 1:57 am.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post

You post on a Presidential Candidate thread to express no opinion? The country not of your own being the USA can have a profound effect on your own country and globally.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 2:24 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
You post on a Presidential Candidate thread to express no opinion? .
No. The opinion that was expressed is that the Democrats may well not win this upcoming election unless they alter their tactics away from that of 2016.
That is the opinion being expressed here - on a Democrat thread.

Neutrality is not just about not taking a side. Surely it also means not being against only one side.
It is perfectly possible to give an opinion without it having to be for or against something or someone. In this case the opinion offered is neutral. It is not a criticism or an expression of disapproval if you wish . It is a statement.
The statement & observation is "the Democrat party will not win if their MO is or remains the same as that of 2016"

Now. You guys can choose to not believe that and sorta try to imply bias where there is none but maybe it is better to look at the Democrat electioneering & candidates to date and comment on that here on a Democrat thread.

Simply stating that anything is better than Trump & dishing up dirt right left and centre doesn't really do it and likely is not a way to win an election. They need to dig deeper and find a way to reach ears that ATM it does seem they are not reaching.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Voting for Trump will be a National mistake with consequences far beyond the Borders of the USA.
Sure, to you and me, but I also used to laugh at his voters - that's one reason he won the last time. Treating the same people with contempt, again, will yield the same result.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Sure, to you and me, but I also used to laugh at his voters - that's one reason he won the last time. Treating the same people with contempt, again, will yield the same result.

I would say he won last time due to anomalies in the American electorial system.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe it's a character flaw in me, but I simply can't get my head around why anyone would support Trump or even feel neutral about him. I just can't see any good in that man.
It sickens me to even watch him on TV. I just can't respect anyone that would support such person, as far as digging dirt on him, the dirt is right there in plain sight no need to dig.
What respect does he and his supporters show the Dems or Hilary. Insults and abuse are regularly tweeted and chanted at his rally's.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 6:45 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a sorry state of affairs if the only candidate the Dems can put up is the same one who wasn't good enough last time. If you're not good enough to keep Trump out of the Whitehouse then you're pretty hopeless. She ignored middle America and that arrogance is well remembered. Trump will win and the Dems will blame everyone but themselves, again
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Being a two time loser in the game of politics should be enough to tell Hillary that it's just not on for third go. I could never stand the smirk on her face when she appeared before the crowds and it's said that she has a foul temper behind the scenes. If Trump throws insults around like confetti Hillary didn't do too badly herself in terming those who supported Trump as "Deplorables" The arrogance of it all !

Last edited by dc koop; Oct 10th 2019 at 7:09 am.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't get how the democrats can't find someone who is youthful, and can become popular, maybe they need to spend more time working on that, need someone personable people can rally behind.

Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:13 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

---- Trump or even feel neutral about him. .
The statement BiP made and one which I tend to agree with is not about a feeling or PoV ref Trump himself . It isn't about a feeling or a PoV about any individual nominee for that matter.

It was a statement about the Democratic party and its electioneering to date. It isn't so far pulling anything out of the hat to ensure it will be ahead of the game come the time & it really needs to.

I see the point about the popular vote however that will not win this next election will it, as the popular vote isn't what counts. It is the swing states. Democrats need to be looking to be strong for this upcoming election. ATM it does not look that way at all. It looks like more of the same. That is the point.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I just don't get how the democrats can't find someone who is youthful, and can become popular, maybe they need to spend more time working on that, need someone personable people can rally behind.
John F Kennedy crossed my mind in time passages for a moment . He seemed to be the ideal candidate at the time, young, highly personable and there were even many of the younger generation in Britain, myself included, who saw him as the champion of a new and brighter era after years of old men holding the reins of power. He didn't quite turn out to be what was hoped for however.

Last edited by dc koop; Oct 10th 2019 at 7:40 am.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Tulsi Gabbard fits the bill - but she is anti-war and neutral on Israel, so has no chance.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
Tulsi Gabbard fits the bill - but she is anti-war and neutral on Israel, so has no chance.
Pro Assad and Russia too, right up your street.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Pro Assad and Russia too, right up your street.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.