Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Have the recent senate hearing events red-pilled you?

View Poll Results: Have the recent senate hearing events red-pilled you?
Yes.
14.29%
No.
42.86%
I was red-pilled previously and these events have confirmed what I am seeing.
28.57%
I was previously red-pilled, but these events have made me reconsider and spit that pill out.
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Have the recent senate hearing events red-pilled you?

Old Sep 30th 2018, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have the recent senate hearing events red-pilled you?

For those who don't know what it means to be red-pilled:

Last edited by paulry; Sep 30th 2018 at 1:44 am.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 3:31 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have the recent senate hearing events red-pilled you?

You forgot to add the option:

"I don't pay any attention to silly alt-right terminology taken from a work of fiction and interpreted to suit the alt-right agenda"
Old Sep 30th 2018, 3:58 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I am able to edit a poll I believe to add / remove an option.

HTH
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:23 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I don't watch videos posted here unless they are no more than 2 minutes long.

What does red-pilled mean?
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:49 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post

I watched about 2.5 minutes and it's just buĺlshit, you need a better criteria than duration to pass on watching a video. There must be many that are far shorter and equally worthless.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 6:23 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I watched about 2.5 minutes and it's just buĺlshit, you need a better criteria than duration to pass on watching a video. There must be many that are far shorter and equally worthless.
Posting videos here is just laziness. It's just people who can't be bothered (or maybe don't have the capacity) to make a point in their own words.

Duration of video is one way I decide what I should watch - at least a short one doesn't waste so much of my time.

That - and who posted them.

This one failed on both counts.

What is red-pilled?
Old Sep 30th 2018, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

This is what it appears to mean:

'Red pill' is used to explain a person who has awoken from a life of leftists indoctrination. The phrase is used in reference to the famous scene in The Matrix where Neo is given the choice between the blue pill (left hand) or the red pill (right hand). The blue pill is the side of mind control and what most of western society has been subjected to with ever growing governments, treating peoples as victims and selling constituents a delusion. The removing of your personal responsibilities in exchange for your freedoms, the requirement to submit to leftist ideology and most importantly, never question its motives or efficacy or be subject to censorship and slandered. The red pill is the side of harsh truth, personal responsibility and accountability, appreciation for hard work and manual labour and productivity, love of country and family, national pride, respect for our troops and national anthem, freedom of speech, and the freedom to practice religion peacefully. Low taxes and limited government power and intervention.

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Fair enough, the red pill isn't for everyone.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 6:56 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post

Fair enough, the red pill isn't for everyone.
What you seem to have asked people to respond to is a version of Logan's Run.

For a quality poll then there also needs to be a 'blue pill' as far as I can see .

Perhaps start again with a poll offering realistic even choices.

That may work.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 8:05 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
What you seem to have asked people to respond to is a version of Logan's Run.

For a quality poll then there also needs to be a 'blue pill' as far as I can see .

Perhaps start again with a poll offering realistic even choices.

That may work.
I think the idea is that taking the blue pill just means your opinion hasn't changed at all.

In any case, this thread is bollocks.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 9:49 am
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
I think the idea is that taking the blue pill just means your opinion hasn't changed at all.

Yes - utter bollocks.

It seems to be an American thing.

As always I'm so happy not to live there and I feel terribly sorry for those who do.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes - utter bollocks.

As always I'm so happy not to live there and I feel terribly sorry for those who do.
The four options would be better re-phased as:

I was on the blue pill, now changing to red.
I was on the blue pill, staying with blue.
I was on the red pill, staying with red.
I was on the red pill, now changing to blue.

I disagree that the thread is bollocks. The point is we in the western nations have for years been sold an ideological pup and we accepted it - perhaps because the pup was kind of cute - even though it shat on the carpets, but now that pup has grown into a bad tempered brute determined to do everything in its power to prevent us from controlling it. There is a definite shift in the populist free and libertarian direction, triggering increasingly desperate actions to stop it and no price seems too high to pay. But its far more than just an "American thing". Look at how the centre left have been nearly wiped out in Europe, look at how Britain has voted to leave the EU and the rise of Trump in the US. Look at those in the UK who are trying to prevent Brexit. Now we have the latest shenanigans in the US regarding the proposed appointment of Kavanaugh to Supreme Court judge and look how the democrats are going nuts over it, determined to stop at nothing to prevent it. Look at the treatment of both Ford and Kavanaugh at the hands of these people, using them both as political pawns. From what I've been hearing and seeing the whole exercise has been tremendously damaging to both political parties - but it has been damaging most of all by far to the Democrats as their former supporters walk away and switch loyalties to independents or the Republicans.

Last edited by paulry; Sep 30th 2018 at 10:24 am. Reason: corrected a small typo in last sentence
Old Sep 30th 2018, 10:00 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - utter bollocks.

The irony is that I think the guy who started this thread lives in Aussie. The American resident Brits on here usually tend to be quite moderately leftist.

How anybody who lives outside the US could support the Trump administration is a bit of a mystery to me. I work with a guy who is British born and bred, has only ever visited America once in his life and hated it but thinks Trump is the best thing since Medium Hovis.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Stillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - utter bollocks.

TBH I haven't got a clue what most of them are on about - they seem to have invented their own cryptic language, largely based on bollocks.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The irony is that I think the guy who started this thread lives in Aussie. The American resident Brits on here usually tend to be quite moderately leftist.

How anybody who lives outside the US could support the Trump administration is a bit of a mystery to me. I work with a guy who is British born and bred, has only ever visited America once in his life and hated it but thinks Trump is the best thing since Medium Hovis.
There is no irony. What goes on in the US has knock on effects in the countries that we live, surely you can see that?

I'm not a fan of Trump but right now he's the best of a bad bunch.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 10:46 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what pills are going around in here, but whatever they are, please keep them to yourself. We already have too much alternate reality.
​​​​​​
​​

Last edited by amideislas; Sep 30th 2018 at 10:51 am.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.