Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Harvey Weinstein

Harvey Weinstein

Old Oct 15th 2017, 6:02 pm
  #181  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,968
Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I see I’m hitting my head against brick wall with the Clinton can do no wrong crowd. So I’m out.
That is a complete strawman on your part. Clearly it was a huge error of judgment on his part to get involved with Lewinsky. Equally clearly, it was a consensual relationship, not sexual assault.
Giantaxe is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2017, 6:14 pm
  #182  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13,791
anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I see I’m hitting my head against brick wall with the Clinton can do no wrong crowd. So I’m out.
Yeah, I'm just a gun-owning die hard "liberal" in Florida.... who didn't vote for Clinton, or the tangerine narcissist for that matter.

Or, just someone fed-up at the alt-fact crowd repeating half-truths, and sometimes outright lies, as fact.

Hardline Republicans have been trying to pin something, anything, to the Clintons for more than 2 decades. That includes 5 Vince Foster assasination investigations and 9 Benghazi investigations just to start. What a complete waste of money.

And they call Russia a witch hunt.
anotherlimey is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2017, 6:17 pm
  #183  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,968
Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Yeah, I'm just a gun-owning die hard "liberal" in Florida.... who didn't vote for Clinton, or the tangerine narcissist for that matter.

Or, just someone fed-up at the alt-fact crowd repeating half-truths, and sometimes outright lies, as fact.

Hardline Republicans have been trying to pin something, anything, to the Clintons for more than 2 decades. That includes 5 Vince Foster assasination investigations and 9 Benghazi investigations just to start. What a complete waste of money.

And they call Russia a witch hunt.
Yeh, I have to lol when this thread is reduced to someone posting things like this:

"Plus, the Clintons rented a Hamptons house next door to Weinstein and Chapman’s Amagansett estate for three summers".

Classic insinuation there.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Oct 15th 2017 at 6:39 pm.
Giantaxe is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2017, 9:54 am
  #184  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
GeniB's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,313
GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Forgiving Bill wasn’t the point I was trying to make...that’s up to her. It was the fact that she is condemning HW...after Bill’s shenanigans. Both men took advantage of their powerful positions for sexual enjoyment...as many men do...including the present POTUS. Although I don’t think she had much choice after the press came after her for not commenting on HW earlier in the week.




Are you saying HW is the victim...women targetted him? Your first sentence certainly smacks of the women were asking for it...it was their fault.
Certainly not! He is a scumbag.. But some women like and particularly use scumbags. Not every woman is a standard victim.This is what makes it so hard for the genuine amongst them

Those coming out now 'who did not report him' have some serious questions to answer.and frankly sicken me ( I am also not saying they would be believed,or anything done about it. though )Brad Pitt had to go and threaten the man personally . He could only do that because he was a big star and money talks to men like HW.
We live in that sort of world unfortunately. Hollywood is run by men. 95% of all films are dictated,directed by those men.Theres' a story about HW being so hyped because he got Michelle Phyifer (s) to do a nude scene against her will,that he went along to the screening room and made the projectionist play it over and over again. whilst obviously 'playing with himself' shall we say.

Women who enter that world have to know this, and to a large extent accept it.. or leave. HW was playing by those rules laid down when Hollywood began .He has seen no reason to change.Just as Cosby saw no reason to change.
I don't know what it will take to evoke change.? I do know that it's going to take more than the odd lone woman amongst many though.
GeniB is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2017, 11:24 pm
  #185  
Officially Bewildered
 
Dreamy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW
Posts: 5,506
Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Women who enter that world have to know this, and to a large extent accept it.. or leave. HW was playing by those rules laid down when Hollywood began .He has seen no reason to change.Just as Cosby saw no reason to change.
I don't know what it will take to evoke change.? I do know that it's going to take more than the odd lone woman amongst many though.
I. Can't. Even.
Dreamy is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2017, 11:31 pm
  #186  
SUPER MODERATOR
Thread Starter
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 83,830
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
I. Can't. Even.

It really does beggar belief.

I wish we had a ‘shakes head in disbelief’ emoji.
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2017, 11:40 pm
  #187  
Newlywed
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,933
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
I. Can't. Even.
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
It really does beggar belief.

I wish we had a ‘shakes head in disbelief’ emoji.
Somehow just doesn't seem like enough.
Dorothy is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2017, 4:05 am
  #188  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,182
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

If women had only stopped to think prior to the Suffrage movement how much harm they'd cause by wanting more, all of this would never have happened. We'd all be barefoot and pregnant at the kitchen sink suffering no abuse at all. Oh wait abusive partners... ok if god had only created Adam, yeah that works. Oh wait it's not just women suffering abuse from superiors... Erm no, got nothing..... We should obviously all just put up and shut up, no other solution. Glad that's settled.
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2017, 3:50 pm
  #189  
Magnificently Withering
 
Oakvillian's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 6,770
Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
If women had only stopped to think prior to the Suffrage movement how much harm they'd cause by wanting more, all of this would never have happened. We'd all be barefoot and pregnant at the kitchen sink suffering no abuse at all. Oh wait abusive partners... ok if god had only created Adam, yeah that works. Oh wait it's not just women suffering abuse from superiors... Erm no, got nothing..... We should obviously all just put up and shut up, no other solution. Glad that's settled.
Get back in the kitchen, you. What do you think you're doing out here on the Interwebs? This is no place for a woman. You really shouldn't worry your pretty little head about important matters like these, it'll only bring on a fit of the vapours and I fear we're fresh out of smelling-salts.
Oakvillian is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2017, 4:58 pm
  #190  
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Location: california
Posts: 6,035
dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post

[B] Those coming out now 'who did not report him' have some serious questions to answer[/B
hough.
One of the reasons that Weinstein got away with it for so long
dc koop is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:26 pm
  #191  
Hostage Negotiator
 
InVinoVeritas's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,173
InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Interesting obervations by Tom Jones:-

Sir Tom Jones: Abuse is common in music industry too - BBC News

I agree with his view that You should know that yourself, you don't do things just because you think, 'I should do this.' Your own mind will tell you that. Not just in showbusiness, but in any thing you're in.
InVinoVeritas is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:31 pm
  #192  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,182
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post
Interesting obervations by Tom Jones:-

Sir Tom Jones: Abuse is common in music industry too - BBC News

I agree with his view that You should know that yourself, you don't do things just because you think, 'I should do this.' Your own mind will tell you that. Not just in showbusiness, but in any thing you're in.
So the man currently being investigated for dodgy behaviour is asked his opinion on Weinstein. Class right there.
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:50 pm
  #193  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Hampshire coast
Posts: 1,584
lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
:


I agree with you here.. Famous,but especially rich and powerful men are targets for certain women. We mustn't make the mistake of classing this as a standard male/female issue.. Many women voted for Trump for goodness sake..A lot would and did ,turn a blind eye, because their careers were more important than any sex issue.
Hilary Clinton is the classic example of a career woman who had then to be the wronged wife. Damned if she did and damned if she didn't.
It seems that many celebs/film stars become born again Mother Teresa's once they've 'made it' in their careers.

Same sort of hypocrisy where soft porn music videos demonstrate 'girl power' - whereas the tabloid 'Page 3' is sexist and degrading. Apparently because the latter was an idea conceived by men.
lutonlad is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2017, 3:53 pm
  #194  
Hostage Negotiator
 
InVinoVeritas's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,173
InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
So the man currently being investigated for dodgy behaviour is asked his opinion on Weinstein. Class right there.
Being investigated (and not prosecuted) for something which happened (allegedly) over 40 years ago in another country renders his opinion completely worthless I suppose
InVinoVeritas is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2017, 1:22 am
  #195  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,182
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post
Being investigated (and not prosecuted) for something which happened (allegedly) over 40 years ago in another country renders his opinion completely worthless I suppose
Not at all. It just serms an odd thing to do imo. It does however add to the 'what I may or may not have done is no where near to what he may or may not have done mindset which is a huge part of the problem and what needs to change. Imo.
moneypenny20 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.