Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Old Nov 25th 2020, 2:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, reveals she had a miscarriage
Meghan shared the devastation that she and Prince Harry felt after she lost a baby in July and was admitted to hospital.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 2:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad. Loss of a child is always heartbreaking. A huge percentage of women lose their babies...I am one of those women, so was my sister, my mother, one of my best friends and my neighbour.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 3:53 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Stress is a huge factor why so many women struggle to carry an unborn child to full term. I have several close family members that went through a tremendous amount of stress from outside sources during their pregnancies. I have no doubt that Meghan was more than likely affected by all the stress she and Harry were put under from the out of control situation in the UK. The timeline tells the story!

Just another reason why bullying has so many repercussions.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 4:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Stress is a huge factor why so many women struggle to carry an unborn child to full term.
No it isn't
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...s%20recognized.

Old Nov 25th 2020, 5:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have no doubt that Meghan was more than likely affected by all the stress she and Harry were put under from the out of control situation in the UK.
'Out of control situation'? Seriously, you sound ridiculous when you say things like that. As above, stress isn't a factor (and they were in Canada anyway) - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/miscarriage/causes/

I feel desperately sorry for them, a miscarriage is a horrific thing to go through, but again wish they'd just live the private family life they claim to want.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 25th 2020 at 5:23 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Agreed.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 6:49 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...etwork%20study.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 6:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

That's stillbirth - after 20 weeks.
Miscarriage is in the first 20 weeks
Old Nov 25th 2020, 7:27 pm
Banned

I'm not sure where your information is coming from that stress doesn't determine a healthy birth. Stress is a MAJOR determining factor in health across the board and not just for healthy pregnancies. Stress is a killer it causes strokes, heart attacks high blood pressure which can lead to blood clots. Stress can cause Stillborn babies, high blood pressure which can lead to birth defects and a multitude of dangers for the child and mother. I'm personally not in the medical field but there was a time when the idea was a consideration. It seems like half my family were attracted to either business ownership or the medical profession. My sainted mother was a Supervisor in Labor & Delivery wards through out her career. Because it was so sad seeing babies die, my mom later switched to ICU.

If you know anything about medical families then it's not surprising to learn that most of us have grown up attending activities at Hospitals. There are a lot of people that don't understand the medical field and are very uncomfortable being at hospitals but for my siblings and family members like us, a hospital is a place of family & friends. And you learn a lot just from being around medical professionals. I would never discount anyone's pain and say their problems are not related to stress. If you read the link above you will learn that stress can create a host of medical complications for mother and child and can cause harm and death to both.

If stress can cause the body to create an environment for the formation of cancer, why would anyone think that a pregnant mother could go unaffected by stress? When you're pregnant there are a multitude of changes in a woman's body. It's the reason why pregnant women to told eat for two, to get more rest, to stay off their feet, to avoid stressful events. I trust when Meghan said the attacks by the press were unsurvivable. I never question a sincere cry for help. The link above says the year before pregnancy can be eventful and an important determining time for a healthy pregnancy.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 7:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
That's stillbirth - after 20 weeks.
Miscarriage is in the first 20 weeks
Absolutely. There is a difference.

Stress can stop the body from allowing a healthy term going from one stage to the next.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:42 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely. There is a difference.

Stress can stop the body from allowing a healthy term going from one stage to the next.
Stress causing a miscarriage ?
Yes it can but it is real stress caused by not knowing if you can pay for the extra costs insurance won't cover. Or stress when you lose your job and your insurance coverage. Stress when your partner decides they are leaving you. Stress when you are hungry because you have to let your kids eat and you go without because there is not enough to go round. Stress when you can't pay the rent and you're going to be homeless.

That is stress.

Meghan is classed as an " older" mum. She is at a much higher risk for miscarriages. It happens a lot more often . It happened to my daughter 3 years ago on her 41st birthday but we didn't make a media announcement because 3 weeks later we were all too busy fighting to save our houses from a hurricane .
That's real life. She let the few people that already knew she was pregnant know what had happened and she got on with her life.

Last edited by Sugarmooma; Nov 25th 2020 at 8:53 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Stress causing a miscarriage ?
Yes it can but it is real stress caused by not knowing if you can pay for the extra costs insurance won't cover. Or stress when you lose your job and your insurance coverage. Stress when your partner decides they are leaving you. Stress when you are hungry because you have to let your kids eat and you go without because there is not enough to go round. Stress when you can't pay the rent and you're going to be homeless.

That is stress.

Meghan is classed as an " older" mum. She is at a much higher risk for miscarriages. It happens a lot more often . It happened to my daughter 3 years ago on her 41st birthday but we didn't make a media announcement because 3 weeks later we were all too busy fighting to save our houses from a hurricane .
That's real life. She let the few people that already knew she was pregnant know what had happened and she got on with her life.

Obviously your daughter and millions like her, don’t play the ‘victim’ card at every opportunity.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Stress is a huge factor why so many women struggle to carry an unborn child to full term. I have several close family members that went through a tremendous amount of stress from outside sources during their pregnancies. I have no doubt that Meghan was more than likely affected by all the stress she and Harry were put under from the out of control situation in the UK. The timeline tells the story!

No it's not - it usually means there is something wrong with the egg (probably too old). Lots of women have miscarriages and many go on to have healthy babies. My youngest daughter had one and had a healthy baby boy a year later at age 37. Hopefully Meghan can have another baby - of course her age is against her, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I feel for her and all women out there who lose their babies.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 10:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I don’t think she needs you to portray her as a victim. She does a pretty good job of doing that herself.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I don’t think she needs you to portray her as a victim. She does a pretty good job of doing that herself.
You sound so bitter and angry about a woman who had a miscarriage. You should consider reevaluating your priorities.

Someone makes the perfectly reasonable observation that stress is often a contributing factor to miscarriage and you complain that she’s playing the victim. Have a word with yourself.

Last edited by GeneralPowerpoint; Nov 25th 2020 at 11:07 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.