Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Old Jan 9th 2020, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

tumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

I understood royals have some restrictions about 'working' because of their status, something about brands.

I doubt if Harry and Meghan will lose the allowance they normally collect from Prince Charles's prsonal income from his properties. After all he is trained up to do the right thing being the future King. With 5 million a year, they have to work?
Old Jan 9th 2020, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

tumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Well he needs a Green Card to work in the US, I assume they will not visit and the decide to adjust.

But Canada has also been mentioned and I think that would be a points based issue.
Canada was the only country mentioned.It is neutral, neither of them were born there I suppose.
I think North America is thrown in to keep suspense running. Close reading says Canada is the one.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 4:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly View Post
Close reading says Canada is the one.
Neither can sponsor the other, so what's it to be Entrepreneurial status? Provincial Nomination? Refugees?
Old Jan 9th 2020, 5:02 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing I've seen to suggest that Harry will be applying for "straight jobs" or that Meghan will return to acting. I think they'll probably adopt a scaled-down role as roving "ambassadors at large", maintain and grow the projects they're currently involved in, and live their lives and raise their children without the English tabloids hovering over them.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Still begs the question on what basis they will move to Canada or the US.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 5:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Still begs the question on what basis they will move to Canada or the US.
On the basis that they are Royal, or ex Royal, whatever the case maybe it won’t be a problem.

Fair enough, if they want out, they should get out completely. Not keep their options open as they seem to want. Give up their titles, not receive any money or security from the taxpayers and repay the millions they used to refurbish Frogmore. Everything from now on should be on their own dime. It is reported the have approx £34M between them. Let’s face it they are going to make a fortune, celebs and companies will be falling over themselves to give them freebies.

Old Jan 9th 2020, 5:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It must be a very sad and disappointing for the Queen and the Royal family. They already lost one member to a divorced American wife and they are about to lose another younger generation member who chose to marry a divorced American. History repeating itself.

Adults can make their own decisions on where and how they wish to live their lives but those, such as Harry, are not just simple British citizens but members of the Royal family. His decision for whatever reason he made it should have been told to his Royal family long before it was made public.

Don't know if she was given special dispensation after marriage and automatically became a British citizen but he will need a visa to live and work in the US. It is not an automatic right as we know.

I don't know Megan. Never watched Suits and didn't and don't follow the media on her nor her husband and child. To me, she is just an actress of a small time television series. I don't give her any more credence than I do any actor or actress.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 7:43 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

They're hiring at Sainsburys so welcome to the work for a living experience. It would be disgusting if they continue to draw a fat allowance for doing bugger all.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Seems she’s hot footed it back to Canada already.

That’s some carbon footprint UK/VAN/UK/VAN/???

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 9th 2020 at 9:53 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 10:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it that these two are held in such contempt while someone like the sexually harassing, pension stealing tyrant of a boss 'Sir' Philip Green gets a free pass?

Did he become a more sympathetic figure because his investments took a bit of a tumble and he lost his Billionaire status so is now worth "only" £95,000,000?
Old Jan 9th 2020, 11:11 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Why is it that these two are held in such contempt
Excellent question Bristol.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Seems financial independence excludes the 3m they will continue to get. And Meghan has skipped out leaving Harry to face it all.

Presumably she is carbon offsetting.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 11:31 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Why is it that these two are held in such contempt
Human failing, Bristol, but thankfully it's just a pitiful minority that exhibit their petty jealousies by throwing muck like that. Most people have more class.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 11:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Honest to god some of you need to take a good long look at yourselves and wonder what sort of people you are to villify and abuse people you actually know sweet F A about other that what you've read in the media. Maybe wonder how you'd feel if, for the sake of some articles, most of which are fabricated or chinese whispers, your loved ones get constantly abused by strangers.

I've just seen a comment on an Instagram post which sums up quite clearly how I imagine the Royal Family feel about Harry and Meghan. 'If as a tiny boy you had to walk behind a gun carriage at your mum's funeral after she was harrassed to death, or face years of people questioning who your dad is, or your wife is hatefully bullied whilst carrying your unborn child; let's all agree you're allowed to **** off if you want to.

Bitching about a woman you do not know, assuming you know anything at all about the dynamics in a marriage you are not a part of, taking great pleasure in guessing how long a marriage will last? Just **** right off. You disgust me.

Old Jan 10th 2020, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal View Post
Sounds like they want out - well she wants out and Harry is going along with her wishes. If they didn't inform the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William then that is unforgivable. I don't have a lot of time for her - she is a whiner and a complainer. Wonder what they mean about working towards being financially independent - maybe Meghan will rejoin the cast of Suits - LOL!
He wanted out. He only hung in there this long because of the Queen.

In 2017 he said this:

During an interview with the Mail on Sunday, People points out, the Duke of Sussex expressed that relinquishing royal duties in exchange for a more “common” life appealed to him at times, especially after serving in the Army. Harry referred to his time away from royal life as the “best escape” he’d ever had.“I felt I wanted out but then decided to stay in and work out a role for myself,” said Harry. He added that wanting to remain loyal to his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, also influenced his decision to continue on with royal duties.

“I wasn’t a Prince, I was just Harry,” continued Harry when explaining his 10-week-long stint in Afghanistan. “I felt as though I was really achieving something. I have a deep understanding of all sorts of people from different backgrounds and felt I was part of a team.”

Harry continued, “We don’t want to be just a bunch of celebrities but instead use our role for good.”

Harry’s 2017 sentiments echo what he’s hoping to accomplish alongside his wife, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, as they debut future projects stemming from the Sussex Royal Foundation.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...-royal-family/

The tabloid press are blaming Meghan or insinuating it is her fault, because they profit from attacking her every opportunity they get, espeically that odious toad Piers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.