Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Old Mar 27th 2020, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
really...you were there and no that for definite? Or is that what you have read/heard. I standby what I said...
I am specifically referring to this :
Just read a comment by someone who said vulnerable is the new politically correct word for low IQ or thick.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 6:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
I am specifically referring to this :
so...you think he’s bright...I think he is as dumb as a box of frogs. I will also add in ‘easily manipulated’. That’s your opinion and that’s mine.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

so...you think he’s bright...I think he is as dumb as a box of frogs. I will also add in ‘easily manipulated’. That’s your opinion and that’s mine.
I honestly don't think Harry is dumb - I do think he is a little lost and has never gotten over the death of his mother. I agree that he probably is easily manipulated and I am sure that Meghan is the boss. I can't see him settling in LA, but maybe I will be proved wrong.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 29th 2020, 10:19 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
And?....... It's right they should pay for their own security, wherever they live.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
And?....... It's right they should pay for their own security, wherever they live.
You may not have seen it but has been quite the topic in the Canadian media about having to pay, from the 31st they no longer qualify for reciprocal security having resigned their position.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 10:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Prince Charles will pay...via the British taxpayers.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 12:44 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

He's told you that, has he? Was that during one of your weekly phone calls?
Old Mar 30th 2020, 12:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
He's told you that, has he? Was that during one of your weekly phone calls?
yes that’s right
Old Mar 30th 2020, 5:06 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Were you joking, or just repeating the lies often spread? The British taxpayers won't be funding the Sussexes, the money will come from Prince Charles's personal wealth, and from the Duchy of Cornwall.

Prince Harry and Meghan: Where do they get their money?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-51047186

Buckingham Palace has announced the Duke and Duchess of Sussex "will no longer receive public funds for royal duties".It follows the revelation that the pair are to step back as senior royals and intend to become financially independent. But where do they now get their money, and what might this new arrangement look like?

What does being 'financially independent' mean?

According to the Sussexes website, 95% of their income comes from Prince Charles's income from the Duchy of Cornwall, a vast portfolio of property and financial investments, which brought in £21.6m last year.

Money from the Duchy - just over £5m in total in 2018-19 - pays for the public duties of Prince Harry and Meghan, as well as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and some of their private costs.

It is understood the couple will continue to receive money from Harry's father under the new agreement, although it is unclear whether this will come from the Duchy, his personal wealth, or a combination of the two.

However, the pair will stop receiving money from the taxpayer-funded Sovereign Grant, which makes up the other 5% of their income.
What is the Sovereign Grant?

https://sussexroyal.com/funding/

The Sovereign Grant is the annual funding mechanism of the monarchy that covers the work of the Royal Family in support of HM The Queen including expenses to maintain official residences and workspaces. In this exchange, The Queen surrenders the revenue of the Crown Estate and in return, a portion of these public funds are granted to The Sovereign/The Queen for official expenditure. This is outlined in the 2018-19 Annual Report of the Sovereign Grant which is linked below. Please note, this structure replaced The Civil List in 2012. More details on this can be found on The United Kingdom’s public sector information website: gov.uk
The 'Taxpayer-funded Sovereign Grant' comes from what the Government gives back to the Royal Family from all of the income of the Crown Estates, which is paid to the government. Maybe that should go back to being paid to the Royal Family, which actually reduces the amount the government receives.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Mar 30th 2020 at 5:09 am.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

nain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorry for Harry. He had no choice as to which birth canal he was sliding down. Because of it, his role in life was decided for him, or perhaps I should say predetermined for him. As the second son, he could only look forward to endless ribbon-cutting ceremonies at new hospital additions and new shopping centers, and standing around pretending not to be bored at another endless official government events. Any substantive careers for him would have been out of the question. I speculate that he would have been happier to have been born the son of a medical docto,r or the son of an owner of a plumbing supply business.

At his current age, he could look forward to 50 years-plus of this non-stop, meaningless boredom. I have ocaissionally wondered what would happen to someone who is not psychologically suited to appearing in endless public photo-ops and floral bouquet presentations. Now, we know.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

I like the way donald has put it straight to the point.We ain't paying
Old Mar 30th 2020, 11:50 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
I like the way donald has put it straight to the point.We ain't paying
And I like how the Sussex family have said they never asked for it to be paid. They have their own money.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
And I like how the Sussex family have said they never asked for it to be paid. They have their own money.
Good i am very glad to hear it,perhaps all that money helps them to country hop when they please unlike the ordinary citizen.Just a little question if you do not mind.I am thinking of moving to the good old USA do i just pack my suitcase jump on a plane and move in.PS i am royalty and i need protection HRH thank you,can you help???

Last edited by el collado kid; Mar 30th 2020 at 12:45 pm. Reason: no E
Old Mar 30th 2020, 12:48 pm
So long...

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Good i am very glad to hear it,perhaps all that money helps them to country hop when they please unlike the ordinary citizen.Just a little question if you do not mind.I am thinking of moving to the good old USA do i just pack my suitcase jump on a plane and move in.PS i am royalty and i need protection HRH thank you,can you help???
You do realise that you'd be immigrating to the US under an entirely different visa, don't you?

And the US isn't alone in making it easier for HNW individuals to move there, right?

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Mar 30th 2020 at 12:50 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.