Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Old Nov 7th 2019, 6:56 pm
  #31  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,692
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I explained why in the relevant post. Here's the relevant part again, including wanting to know why you came to the conclusion re: dictatorships.
I was replying to GeniB regarding 'dictatorships'.
Your post brought up the question of the previous referendum promise!!!!

Is this a new Remainer rule?-----Leavers may not reply!!!!!
Bipat is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 7:14 pm
  #32  
Jigsaw
 
DaveLovesDee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
Posts: 19,068
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
I was replying to GeniB regarding 'dictatorships'.
Your post brought up the question of the previous referendum promise!!!!

Is this a new Remainer rule?-----Leavers may not reply!!!!!
You're again (deliberately) misconstruing what was said.

My post suggested you explain why you called Blair and Brown to be 'barely-concealed dictatorships'. I'm still waiting for the answer to that.

The other part of my post referred to your anti-Blair and anti-Brown prejudices, where I gave an example of this. Yet you only focused on a small part of that post, and doubled-down on the anti-Blair stuff.

And as for Leavers not being allowed to reply, stop acting so stupid.
DaveLovesDee is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 7:36 pm
  #33  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 709
Watchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by Chatter Static View Post
I honestly think the post's cabinet minister hold would be better filled by people that are not MP's and they get filled by all MP's in Parliament voting them in on a longer basis than that of what MP's hold to allow a bit more continuity because just lately cabinet posts having a bit of a revolving door occupation.
I've just had an idea. We could have regional representatives who propose candidates for the cabinet ministerial posts, and then the candidates confirmed by MPs in parliament voting them in on a longer basis than that of MPs.

Ah no, on second thoughts, ditch that. That's how the European Commission works.
Watchpost is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 7:39 pm
  #34  
Quien no sabe
Thread Starter
 
Chatter Static's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,583
Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I think prospective candidates should all be elected as independents (even when publicly affiliated to and sponsored by a political party), and Parliament should change from the current us v them adversarial system to having to work with each other as they do in the EU Parliament and Welsh Senedd.

And preferably by Proportional Representation. But like you say, it'll never happen. The Tories will never allow PR, and they refuse to allow a referendum on it because they say we have one on AV (which no-one wanted anyway, but the government said it was AV or no referendum).
2 or 3 term max running as a MP, it would probably be better to make politics and governing a bit like Jury Service everyone has to give a couple of years into governing the country it would certainly play into local / Proportional Representation and make voting mandatory even for convicts.
Chatter Static is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 7:44 pm
  #35  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 709
Watchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Jo Swinson may have a future but not yet.
And Boris Johnson was history, but not any more.

Hey, I think I'm getting the knack of this.

Watchpost is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 8:21 pm
  #36  
Jigsaw
 
DaveLovesDee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
Posts: 19,068
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post
I've just had an idea. We could have regional representatives who propose candidates for the cabinet ministerial posts, and then the candidates confirmed by MPs in parliament voting them in on a longer basis than that of MPs.

Ah no, on second thoughts, ditch that. That's how the European Commission works.
That's how I'd suggest the House of Lords would work.
DaveLovesDee is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 8:30 pm
  #37  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,692
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
1)You're again (deliberately) misconstruing what was said.

2) My post suggested you explain why you called Blair and Brown to be 'barely-concealed dictatorships'. I'm still waiting for the answer to that.

2) The other part of my post referred to your anti-Blair and anti-Brown prejudices, where I gave an example of this. Yet you only focused on a small part of that post, and doubled-down on the anti-Blair stuff.

3) And as for Leavers not being allowed to reply, stop acting so stupid.
1) I pointed out to you that I was replying to the post of GeniB.
I gave two examples of 'dictatorship'.
2) It was Blair that was involved with the point made in your post.
3) I was being sarcastic. Did you not see the smilies?
However your language here suggests perhaps the actual attitude of 'Remainers" on TIO).



Bipat is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 8:57 pm
  #38  
Jigsaw
 
DaveLovesDee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
Posts: 19,068
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
1) I pointed out to you that I was replying to the post of GeniB.
I gave two examples of 'dictatorship'.
2) It was Blair that was involved with the point made in your post.
3) I was being sarcastic. Did you not see the smilies?
However your language here suggests perhaps the actual attitude of 'Remainers" on TIO).
1. I know who you were replying to, that wasn't what I was talking about. And I disagree that your that Blair and Iraq, and Brown and the economy were examples of dictatorship. Parliament were involved in both.
2. And?
3. Oh, those were sarcasm smilies? Aren't those laughter ones, hence the confusion. One of us is using the wrong smilies then. This one is Laugh Out Loud, or Lol for short This one is the forum smilie for sarcasm Can you see why I didn't take it as sarcasm now.

My language here has nothing to do with being a Remainer, it's because yet again you're focusing on shit you've been called out on numerous times by myself and others. I still keep ignoring the fact that arguing with idiots is pointless, as they drag the conversation down to their level before wearing you out with their experience.
DaveLovesDee is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 9:14 pm
  #39  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,692
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
My language here has nothing to do with being a Remainer, it's because yet again you're focusing on shit you've been called out on numerous times by myself and others. I still keep ignoring the fact that arguing with idiots is pointless, as they drag the conversation down to their level before wearing you out with their experience.
It is Remainers who constantly refer to Leavers as disliking immigrants and 'foreigners' while continually refusing to discuss the "shit" and "idiot" points regarding the POST BREXIT benefits of equality, regarding immigration opportunity and needed skills.
Bipat is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 9:37 pm
  #40  
Jigsaw
 
DaveLovesDee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
Posts: 19,068
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
It is Remainers who constantly refer to Leavers as disliking immigrants and 'foreigners' while continually refusing to discuss the "shit" and "idiot" points regarding the POST BREXIT benefits of equality, regarding immigration opportunity and needed skills.
There will be equalty post Brexit transition, unless the UK and EU agree FoM beyond that.

I didn't call you an idiot because you're a Leaver, I called you it because you were repeating your usual irrelevant-to-topic-at-hand Commonwealth Immigration Act spiel while ignoring anything else said. Again! There are other threads I'd be prepared to discuss it with you on, but this isn't one of them.

Still waiting to hear how Blair and Brown were dictators though.
DaveLovesDee is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2019, 10:16 pm
  #41  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,692
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
There will be equalty post Brexit transition, unless the UK and EU agree FoM beyond that.

I didn't call you an idiot because you're a Leaver, I called you it because you were repeating your usual irrelevant-to-topic-at-hand Commonwealth Immigration Act spiel while ignoring anything else said. Again! There are other threads I'd be prepared to discuss it with you on, but this isn't one of them.

Still waiting to hear how Blair and Brown were dictators though.
Just done a search-----cannot find any mention of Commonwealth immigration on this thread??
I gave you examples of Blair and Brown. Suggest you start a new thread if yiu want more!

Bipat is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2019, 2:28 am
  #42  
Jigsaw
 
DaveLovesDee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
Posts: 19,068
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Just done a search-----cannot find any mention of Commonwealth immigration on this thread??
I gave you examples of Blair and Brown. Suggest you start a new thread if yiu want more!
I went back and checked as well. I should have said your usual Blair draft Constitution spiel. Your Commonwealth Immigration stuff is on a different thread. And no, I don't want more.

Apologies for the confusion..
DaveLovesDee is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2019, 8:05 am
  #43  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
GeniB's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,807
GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Aka Tory or Labour. I don't realistically see the LD's getting more seats than either of those.



I think prospective candidates should all be elected as independents (even when publicly affiliated to and sponsored by a political party), and Parliament should change from the current us v them adversarial system to having to work with each other as they do in the EU Parliament and Welsh Senedd.

And preferably by Proportional Representation. But like you say, it'll never happen. The Tories will never allow PR, and they refuse to allow a referendum on it because they say we have one on AV (which no-one wanted anyway, but the government said it was AV or no referendum).



Bipat. If you consider Blair and Brown to be 'barely-concealed dictatorships' (I don't know enough about Wilson's time in office), I suggest you explain your reasoning because I don't see that. What I do see are your prejudices against Blair and Brown during your oft-repeated complaint that they didn't run their promised referendum, which didn't run because what was to be voted on was dropped. Did we still need a referendum on something that wasn't going to be happening?

Quite !
GeniB is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2019, 8:31 pm
  #44  
Reasonable Bitch
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 15,836
amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
It is Remainers who constantly refer to Leavers as disliking immigrants and 'foreigners' while continually refusing to discuss the "shit" and "idiot" points regarding the POST BREXIT benefits of equality, regarding immigration opportunity and needed skills.
No, the "POST BREXIT benefits of equality" thing is entirely >your< strawman. Nobody talks about it or believes that but >you<. It's >your< thing. You also routinely accuse remainers of xenophobia citing >your< view on it, despite the fact that xenophobia is a key reason for Brexit, which remainers oppose.

It's like arguing that unicorns have two horns, disregarding the fact that unicorns don't exist. Yeah, you can believe unicorns have two horns if you like. It's >your< fairytale.
amideislas is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2019, 1:51 am
  #45  
 
Lion in Winter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 49,947
Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great big Electile Dysfunction thread....

I've just discovered an interesting Chrome extension called Who Targets Me. If you add it to your Chrome browser, it will tell you who is targeting you in political Facebook ads.
Lion in Winter is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.