Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Getting Brexit done

Getting Brexit done

Old Yesterday, 7:35 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Brexit done

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Riiight.

Do you think your empathetic, understanding and progressive approach is going to persuade us?
No I don't, that would involve you learning something. Impossible when you already know everything.
Old Yesterday, 7:36 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
OK. Thanks.
You're more than welcome
Old Yesterday, 7:37 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Are we being "schooled" now?
Old Yesterday, 7:38 am
idealist

Are we being "schooled" now?
No, what you're being is something entirely different

Last edited by stevenglish1; Yesterday at 8:17 am.
Old Yesterday, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
do you prefer "extreme remainer"?
Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post

EMR's gone, Bluey.

You're not going to get a rise of the sort you want out of anybody else.
EMR was not an extreme remainer.

He was a troll

Last edited by Fredbargate; Yesterday at 7:56 am.
Old Yesterday, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Not quite, the border for customs will be between Ireland (both Northern and the Republic of) and mainland UK actually. That was Boris's contribution to the WA after becoming PM. NI will remain in the customs union, and checks will be made on goods going to and from NI and the mainland UK, and between the RoI and the UK mainland.

Gove confirms border checks to be imposed from January 1 - despite PM's denial

But as none of the above have a Schengen / non-Schengen border with each other, it's not like Gib.
Are you suggesting that the the mistake taken at the Spain Gib frontier was the failure to employ terrorist tactics to secure a better deal?
Old Yesterday, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

You might benefit from having a peek at cape's last exchange. This is why leavers are stereotypically perceived to be delusional (and arrogant) Not because "remainiacs" are "defensive", but simply because its an irrefutable fact that 3-1 ≠ eleventy billion, and chalk is NOT made of cheese. And to add insult to injury, it's as if they're honestly unaware of it.

https://twitter.com/ColinBrowning14/...450425344?s=20
​​​​

Oh my good god.. What on earth did this idiot EXPECT? The UK.. LEFT the Union.. Countries within the EU have had to spend hundreds of thousands re-organising their borders to accommodate that change .Faro airport started the process a couple of years ago..Now that Portugal has been put on the map by Trip Advisor et al , as perhaps one of the few countries where American youth and American retirees can feel safe in the world, we are being flooded with tourists from outside the EU .I now fully expect to have to add another hour to any journey I make outside the country .Thanks UK
Old Yesterday, 8:49 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

It's reminiscent of the (English) girl who (was told?) needed a NIE number - as observed at the receptionist desk in the ajuntimento in Palma. Was told by the receptionist that she needed to go to the "oficina de extranjeros" just down the street.

"What's that?" She asks.
​​​​​​"The foreigners office" the receptionist replies.
"I'm not a foreigner, why do I need to go there?".
"You are... Spanish?", receptionist skeptically asks.
" No! I'm English! That's what I've been trying to tell you!".
Receptionist assures her that only the foreigners office can help her.
Girl storms off, all insulted, mumbling about the racist Spanish accusing her of being a "foreigner".
Old Yesterday, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
He'll likely win and it will be fair and square through the ballot box.

PS: US presidents can only serve two terms.

Oh dear paulry you are terrible naive..
Trump never 'won' anything.. His extremely rich ,extremely influential and powerful republican backers put him in office.. and actually against their will really. He isn't one of 'them' Doesn't represent the party as they would wish.However they needed fresh voters to keep them in power. ( just like Cameron needed those ex-pat voters in France to get him back into no 10 ) and he provided them with the votes from the blue collar section .so they let him in.However they only let him do what they want . When he tried to get Obama's Medicare completely wiped off the table .Koch had it stopped.
Trickery paulry.. trickery, and a LOT of money, is what runs the political world now. Money and influence and meddling from the likes of Robert Mercer and his Cambridge Analytica .. used to identify those elusive, disgruntled, previously non voters. in the UK... Money and the huge influence of people like the Koch brothers. who , just like Randolp Hearst in the 30's 40's literally 'run' American governments. Suggest you read more of the serious political analysts . Maybe start with what just happened in Iowa with the obvious cheating to defeat Bernie Sanders. However Just like that which happened in the Brexit campaign.. Those who are really in power will let it stand.
Old Yesterday, 9:21 am
idealist

It's reminiscent of the (English) girl who (was told?) needed a NIE number - as observed at the receptionist desk in the ajuntimento in Palma. Was told by the receptionist that she needed to go to the "oficina de extranjeros" just down the street.

"What's that?" She asks.
​​​​​​"The foreigners office" the receptionist replies.
"I'm not a foreigner, why do I need to go there?".
"You are... Spanish?", receptionist skeptically asks.
" No! I'm English! That's what I've been trying to tell you!".
Receptionist assures her that only the foreigners office can help her.
Girl storms off, all insulted, mumbling about the racist Spanish accusing her of being a "foreigner".
Did you see this happen?
Old Yesterday, 9:53 am
Reasonable Bitch

Yes, it was a long time ago (~5 years), but it stuck in my mind. I've posted it on BE previously.

It's anecdotal, but yet another testament to bubble mentality. And in the context of the current theme of "perception of brexiters of being daft", along with the airport thing and the amusing, ubiquitous brexiter posts here since before the referendum... It seems appropriate.
Old Yesterday, 9:57 am
idealist

Yes, it was a long time ago (~5 years), but it stuck in my mind. I've posted it on BE previously.

It's anecdotal, but yet another testament to bubble mentality. And in the context of the current theme of "perception of brexiters of being daft", along with the airport thing and the amusing, ubiquitous brexiter posts here since before the referendum... It seems appropriate.
What makes you think she voted leave?
Old Yesterday, 10:12 am
Reasonable Bitch

I don't. But it's typical bubble mentality. Textbook (unconscious?) "British" exceptionalism. The usual stuff associated with Brexit. As exhibited ad nauseum since long before the referendum.

Apparently though, anyone who perceives such behaviour as "daft" is either being "defensive" (for losing) or "offensive" (for being right) -- whichever is most contextually convenient.

All those daft leftist remainiacs should've thought about how offensive it is when they point out that the sun actually doesn't orbit England. And besides, you lost. Get over it, you petulant remainiac losers.

Last edited by amideislas; Yesterday at 10:41 am.
Old Yesterday, 11:05 am
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate View Post
Are you suggesting that the the mistake taken at the Spain Gib frontier was the failure to employ terrorist tactics to secure a better deal?
Are you suggesting that terrorist tactics got a better deal? Two can play the fictional hypothesis game, Fred.

The Gib side of the Spain border was both an external Schengen border and an external border of the EU Customs Union. Neither of those apples to the NI-RoI border as both were not in Schengen but both were in the EU Customs Union. Nothing has changed in those respects post-Brexit, nor likely to post-transition since the government put the Customs Union border between NI-RoI and mainland UK, leaving the mainland outside the EU Customs Union. The NI population didn't vote for that.

Let's see what you think I'm suggesting in that one.
Old Yesterday, 11:14 am
idealist

I don't. But it's typical bubble mentality. Textbook (unconscious?) "British" exceptionalism. The usual stuff associated with Brexit. As exhibited ad nauseum since long before the referendum.

Apparently though, anyone who perceives such behaviour as "daft" is either being "defensive" (for losing) or "offensive" (for being right) -- whichever is most contextually convenient.

All those daft leftist remainiacs should've thought about how offensive it is when they point out that the sun actually doesn't orbit England. And besides, you lost. Get over it, you petulant remainiac losers.
I called 2 people defensive for not taking criticism well. You were one of them and most of your posts reflect that. Seems it's you that lives in a bubble but feel free to do so, I really don't care.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.