Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

George Floyd

George Floyd

Old Jun 5th 2020, 10:45 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: George Floyd

So this is disturbing on a new level.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 10:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
When are the cops going to realise that someone, somewhere is videoing their every movement?
What always gets me is that every time something like this happens - and it can even be on a smaller scale like someone being tasered - and a huge deal is made of it with subsequent scrutiny and surely dire warnings about being on their best behaviour, someone will do the same or something equally mad and quite quickly as if they are completely unaware of both incident and reaction.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 10:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post

WTF???

That entire thread.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:00 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
WTF???

That entire thread.
Paraplegic ffs
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:03 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
What always gets me is that every time something like this happens - and it can even be on a smaller scale like someone being tasered - and a huge deal is made of it with subsequent scrutiny and surely dire warnings about being on their best behaviour, someone will do the same or something equally mad and quite quickly as if they are completely unaware of both incident and reaction.
Today I am a little shell shocked, shock at the realization that so many cops have not self reflected, for themselves or as a profession, that so many are not showing restraint, many seem to see it as a challenge for business as usual. One has to wonder if the words of the President have had an impact, the "dominate the streets" requests, given the demographic of the majority of the police.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Paraplegic ffs
And that's just the first one.

Did you go down the list? Jesus.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Today I am a little shell shocked, shock at the realization that so many cops have not self reflected, for themselves or as a profession, that so many are not showing restraint, many seem to see it as a challenge for business as usual. One has to wonder if the words of the President have had an impact, the "dominate the streets" requests, given the demographic of the majority of the police.
And consider the fact that some of them do this, on a smaller scale, all the time.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

WTF???

That entire thread.
I am somewhat disappointed that they don't have the James Brown classic Living In America playing in the background but yeah WTF.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:21 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

That has actually made me cry.

Jsmth321 is right. It's a civil war.
One which the paunchy disgusting sorry slime of a thing in that country's WH has inflamed and has done nothing to calm. According to that particular cesspit creature "It is a 'great day' for GF."

I dunno. Inside me I feel a deep bubbling well of rage at all this USA Admin , and its party and members by collusion vocal or silently, has done to unravel that country , the globe , our one planet. More though, I think I feel it towards those that placed this in power and seem to remain steadfast in allowing this to continue. After all it is a democracy with voting power for all <------ or at least it should be. I have my doubts.

That doesn't mean I think that certain other so called leaders are better or worse. It is the descent into anarchy , chaos & fear that this Admin has deliberately created & that there are people that would still support this admin and its party that is utterly beyond me.

edit whilst I feel ranty -

That there are those that support this admin whilst waving their god church thing about makes me sick to my stomach. Mind you that comes from the top eh?

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 5th 2020 at 11:27 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

All those school bullies need to go somewhere when an adult, seems a good amount of them end up being cops. Legalized bullies is all cops are really. They seem to despise the public.

I do think police unions should not exist.

All states need to have a civilian agency who oversee's all police departments within the state, said agency will have its own investigators and lawyers and have the power to prosecute, take away the power from the local DA, huge conflicts of of interest considering how closely the DA works with the police. Said civilian agency will ensure all who work within the agency have no prior employment with a law enforcement agency, and have no immidiete family in law enforcement.

I'd also like to see the Chief of police be a civilian, no reason the person in charge needs to be a cop, maybe if those running police departments were civilians and not cops, things would change.

Redo laws so if police officers are convicted of a crime they committed while on duty, the sentence is double, so if a crime normally carries a minimum of say 5 years, it would be 10 years and so on. Police are in a position of power over the general public, and we put a certain level of trust into them, and the punishment should be harsher if convicted of a crime while on duty.

Minimum education of Bachelors degree, along with better salaries to attract higher quality applicants.

Old Jun 6th 2020, 12:01 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is bigger than a sports story should be. It is a parting of a major institution from Trump.
" NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says league was wrong for not listening to players earlier about racism"
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/05/s...deo/index.html
Old Jun 6th 2020, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is bigger than a sports story should be. It is a parting of a major institution from Trump.
" NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says league was wrong for not listening to players earlier about racism"
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/05/s...deo/index.html
Excellent news the lack of equal representation in American Football between the races is something that needs addressing.
Old Jun 6th 2020, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just the violent policing in that Buffalo incident. It's the knee-jerk coverup and now the thinly veiled threats to get disciplinary action dropped against colleagues. All these actions are doing is confirming the behaviours of the police that people on the street are protesting about in the first place. I truly think many police are simply incapable of self-reflection on any level.
Old Jun 6th 2020, 2:07 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

And that's just the first one.

Did you go down the list? Jesus.
The random kicking (sole of boot) of someone already on the ground and the other one who appears to be suffering already, grounded, while the cop casually walks by with a squirt just for fun.
Old Jun 6th 2020, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Depressing, isn't it?
Which is a shit load of people, given the size of the population.
Yep. every single racist, sexist, misogynistic turd out there. Last time around that was about 26% I think?
A load of people are still going to vote for him.
There you go again. You just can't resist. You actually have a lot in common with Trump.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.