Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The future populist-run EU

The future populist-run EU

Old Jan 27th 2020, 3:38 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The future populist-run EU

Well, a set-back for the far right in Italy anyway.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51259290
Old Jan 27th 2020, 6:35 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
See, there's that arrogance referred to.
"the supervisory and regulatory expertise that has built up in the UK" as if such expertise is absent from the EU.
What? Do you think that strawberry pickers could run the world's biggest market?
Old Jan 27th 2020, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Whose running things anyway?

Any interesting dissection of the truth behind the politics in the USA by a renowned Australian political journalist ..It fits with just about everything I have said and posted on how the Brexit 'thing' came about and why...*see the middle paragraph* about the USA ' s Empirical ambition to get its allies ' On board and malleable ' which fits with getting the UK out of the EU. It also explains the deep frustrations felt in recent years about, the non punishment of the perpetrators of the Financial Crisis.( whilst everyone else suffered ) The seeming inability to remove Trump from office..even the surprising results of elections and referendums. It's not a conspiracy theory . It's fact, and we should take note of what we can actually do about it. I have put it here because the what happens in the USA affects the world .The rise of populism can be directly traced back to 9/11 and the following financial crisis

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2020/01...-it-fears-you/

Last edited by GeniB; Jan 27th 2020 at 10:53 am.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Well, I live amongst Europeans. All nationalities, and I can assure you with complete confidence that most believe Brexit was caused by fear of foreigners.
I've traveled around the world a lot over the last few years and the only people I've encountered who have claimed Brexit was caused by "fear of foreigners" () have been British and of the Remainiac persuasion.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I've traveled around the world a lot over the last few years and the only people I've encountered who have claimed Brexit was caused by "fear of foreigners" () have been British and of the Remainiac persuasion.

Other than the UN of course.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/...171147062.html

And the victims of it.

Surge in xenophobia hits U.K. after Brexit - City

Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Odd that one third of BAME voters backed BREXIT.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
See, there's that arrogance referred to.
"the supervisory and regulatory expertise that has built up in the UK" as if such expertise is absent from the EU.
I did not write the report I took the theme from. By the way, tell me where the same expertise is, is Europe.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:56 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Clearly they are also xenophobes and poorly educated and old and part of the 37% who were wrong in the advisory poll.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What, that globalist outfit the UN?

Old Jan 27th 2020, 6:14 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
So 2/3rds didn't then?
Old Jan 27th 2020, 7:22 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Ah, OK. Haven't been anywhere, eh? You ought to get out a bit.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

The reptile spent weeks on the campaign trail munching his way through numerous Parma hams, sausages and cheeses.. I wonder who is bankrolling them?
Old Jan 29th 2020, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

That means Steve Bannon and his backer Robert Mercer who were campaigning vigorously for the right Oh dear