Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Friday night at 11-30

Friday night at 11-30

Old Jan 31st 2020, 9:53 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday night at 11-30

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Never mind.

Enjoy your celebrations.
​​​​​​I'm not celebrating anything. I think mistakes were made both by the EU and, in particular, the previous New Labour government and those mistakes led to this decision and outcome.

They're having a really good discussion on BBC News about this at the moment where they're making a lot of solid points I think.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 9:58 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
​​​​​​I'm not celebrating anything. I think mistakes were made both by the EU and, in particular, the previous New Labour government and those mistakes led to this decision and outcome.

They're having a really good discussion on BBC News about this at the moment where they're making a lot of solid points I think.
You surprise me.

I'm sure I remember you previously telling us you were vehemently opposed to the EU on principle since birth.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:08 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
I am looking at European news on a tablet. I am interested in foreign news. As I said, I do not live in a little bubble like yourself, stuck in your village watching Netflix all night.

By the way, it is on rolling news on France 24 in English. Very interesting.
Sigh.
How many languages do you speak? I bet that German news is pretty exciting. You probably wouldn't know if they're reporting Brexit or bookings for Oktoberfest 2020, but exciting just the same. After all, you're probably the least knowledgeable expert on anything outside the UK I've ever had the unfortunate experience of being exposed to.

So, I put on Kabel eins, nothing. Sat1, nothing. ZDF, nothing. RTL, nothing. RBB, nothing. But I found a 1 min segment on DW, if that helps.

OK, turning to Canal 24 (Spain), a brief mention. TV3, nothing. RTVE, nothing (but I didn't wait for long). Antena 3, nothing.

Yep, looks like its all over the airwaves. Not.

​​​​​​​Nobody gives a shit, manch. Face it. And people know if you're worldly. You're not. Put it in a bag. You're busted.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
What a sad post... Enjoy it all while you can KJMW.. Isn't there a tiny part of you that thinks it's a tad ironic that you are living in a country that is part of the EU? Don't you think you should in fact be packing your bags ... going back to the country you support,,and helping them through the really tough times ahead of them. Or doesn't that bit of 'Leaving the EU' actually appeal to you.?
Exactly!!!!!
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:10 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
You surprise me.

I'm sure I remember you previously telling us you were vehemently opposed to the EU on principle since birth.
I am. What I'm not opposed to is free trade areas. I'm not sure why the EU ever had to be anything more than one of those really. I'm opposed to what the EU represents in 2020.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Sigh.
How many languages do you speak? I bet that German news is pretty exciting. You probably wouldn't know if they're reporting Brexit or bookings for Oktoberfest 2020, but exciting just the same. After all, you're probably the least knowledgeable expert on anything outside the UK I've ever had the unfortunate experience of being exposed to.

So, I put on Kabel eins, nothing. Sat1, nothing. ZDF, nothing. RTL, nothing. RBB, nothing. But I found a 1 min segment on DW, if that helps.

OK, turning to Canal 24 (Spain), a brief mention. TV3, nothing. RTVE, nothing (but I didn't wait for long). Antena 3, nothing.

Yep, looks like its all over the airwaves. Not.

​​​​​​​Nobody gives a shit, manch. Face it. And people know if you're worldly. You're not. Put it in a bag. You're busted.
Okay, feel better now you've got it off your chest? It convinces me my latest assumption of lost and forlorn posters was correct.

I am at this moment looking at a Brexit Special on France 24 in English. Turn it on and see for yourself.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:14 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
I am. What I'm not opposed to is free trade areas. I'm not sure why the EU ever had to be anything more than one of those really. I'm opposed to what the EU represents in 2020.
Maybe DG you should remind yourself how the EU arose, Schumann 1950, as a starting point?
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking at European news on a tablet....it is on rolling news on France 24 in English.
I am at this moment looking at a Brexit Special on France 24 in English. Turn it on and see for yourself.
So when you say it's all over European news, you mean it's on news stations in Europe catering to English speakers. Or perhaps Brits.

Whereas ami's list not broadcasting it are in the native language....except for DW which is a German broadcaster of English language programmes.

Do you see a connection?
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:28 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, feel better now you've got it off your chest? It convinces me my latest assumption of lost and forlorn posters was correct.

​​​​​​I believe you. I also watch France 24. Balanced, unbiased, serving the English audience.

You said it was all over "European TV" it isn't. It's on France 24.

Go to bed Manch. Tomorrow's another day to spew more insular "want to believes".
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
So when you say it's all over European news, you mean it's on news stations in Europe catering to English speakers. Or perhaps Brits.

Whereas ami's list not broadcasting it are in the native language....except for DW which is a German broadcaster of English language programmes.

Do you see a connection?
There was no Brexit coverage on UK TV until half an hour ago.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Do you see a connection?
Okay. I have seen Spanish, German, Dutch and French news this evening and Brexit has been main news. Every station was in native language. Now you are going to try and catch me out by asking can I speak these languages? The word Brexit was all over the news on these stations with many reporters reporting from London.

I am still looking at France 24 direct from Paris. It is a Brexit Special.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

​​​​​​I believe you. I also watch France 24. Balanced, unbiased, serving the English audience.

You said it was all over "European TV" it isn't. It's on France 24.

Go to bed Manch. Tomorrow's another day to spew more insular "want to believes".
It was. Get a life, ami.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:42 pm
Reasonable Bitch

OK, but you're watching something different than Europe is (or making it up, or presuming Europe watches France 24 in English). It's a one minute news segment over here. Little more. Sorry I've wasted my time proving you wrong. But you're really busted now. Go to bed.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK, but you're watching something different than Europe is (or making it up, or presuming Europe watches France 24 in English). It's a one minute news segment over here. Little more. Sorry I've wasted my time proving you wrong. But you're really busted now. Go to bed.
Are you crazy? What the hell are you rambling about? France 24 is a Brexit Special. I am watching it now. What one minute news segment. Blimey, you have really lost it. You just keep posting this nonsense to me and get it off your chest. I don't mind. Apart from making a fool of yourself you are confirming my recent assumption re forlorn posters is most definitely correct. In your case, anyhow.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

With less than a minute to go, it's time to stop arguing, and Time... To Say... Goodbye.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.