Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Friday night at 11-30

Friday night at 11-30

Old Jan 27th 2020, 12:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday night at 11-30

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post
www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/27/brexit-eu-sombre-as-uk-prepares-to-end-47-years-of-membership

"British flags in the EU institutions will be taken down by maintenance workers, out of office hours, with no cameras to record the moment."

It makes it sound like removing the trash...

I did consider hopping over to film the event (a two and a half hour drive each way).
Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Which of course it is.

France 2: UK out on penalties

Old Jan 27th 2020, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
You have frequently criticised people like me for quoting press reports about India - on the basis that we don't live there or have thousands of relatives there, and therefore only you know what is true. Suggest you apply the same rule to yourself regarding other European Countries.
Well, explain to me how I am wrong then? I read similar reports to my quotes many times. I read about the differences between ex-Presidents of the EU and these countries in EU news reports.
Explain then---I am genuinely interested. (Perhaps would need a new thread!!!)
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Time to celebrate.

Friday night I will be celebrating, with friends, the leaving of the E.U. Ironically we will be starting with a typical Basque meal in a typical Basque restaurant deep in French Basque country, The village of AInhoa; to be precise.

That I live in the Basque country is perhaps why I think it ironic that I will be celebrating leaving the E.U. not that the French Basques are particularly militant in that respect.

I shall be further helping the French economy by opening a bottle or two of Bordeaux’s finest and raising a glass to Boris Johnson for getting us out. Always assuming I will be still sober enough ; come 11.30 pm; I might even be able to give a roaring rendition of Rule Britannia!!

Anyway, I invite anyone with likewise feelings to also raise a glass with me, if not in person than in spirit, to the success of Britain in once again showing that democracy does exist and that the majority who voted to leave have, at last, gained their just victory.
Cheers!
I shall be with you in spirit. Besides celebrating this moment in my own way, I shall also be awake through to Saturday morning to see the dawn of a free and vibrant UK.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Going to be 5pm for me and the sun will not be over the yard arm.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
In answer to your question, no not one tiny part thinks it ironic. The point you miss is that I am quite prepared , and always have been, to accept the rules and regulations of a foreign country. I do support my country, don't you? As for the 'tough times ahead' If you can predict the future; how about the winner at the next Grand National?
Well I think you'll find that most of us who did not support the 'mad' idea to leave the EU with no concrete plan, do not go about making wild predictions , or pluck the winner of the Grand National out of the 'pie in the sky' Thats your department .I certainly support my country. I don't support the invidious position it has been put in by powers outside its borders.. Anyone who still thinks this had nothing to do with the ambitions of the USA, is a naive fool.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 5:58 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Well I think you'll find that most of us who did not support the 'mad' idea to leave the EU with no concrete plan, do not go about making wild predictions , or pluck the winner of the Grand National out of the 'pie in the sky' Thats your department .I certainly support my country. I don't support the invidious position it has been put in by powers outside its borders.. Anyone who still thinks this had nothing to do with the ambitions of the USA, is a naive fool.
No matter what plan they had come up with, people like you would still criticise it.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
No matter what plan they had come up with, people like you would still criticise it.
True dat.

Even if nothing had been planned to mark the day, these dullards would have used that as an excuse to take the piss and have a wind up.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Try reading my post again. I don't predict anything! Just which country is it you say you support? Doesn't sound like Britain anyway! As for making predictions: I think you will find that most of those who were against leaving were making the most dire predictions. In your first sentence you are saying it was mad!!!!! Wild predictions, get a grip!
Old Jan 27th 2020, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
I shall be with you in spirit. Besides celebrating this moment in my own way, I shall also be awake through to Saturday morning to see the dawn of a free and vibrant UK.
Likewise but with true British cider.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 8:04 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate View Post
Likewise but with true British cider.
Well I’ll be drinking 250ml of good French wine that night.
But I do every night!
Old Jan 27th 2020, 8:07 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Imaginary liberation is great, innit?

Old Jan 27th 2020, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Given how much drinking is being admitted to, it's more libation than liberation.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
A brilliant statement considering what today is.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 8:18 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

It appears to be Monday. Is that significant?
Old Jan 27th 2020, 8:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I'm sure we could come up with some creative things to project onto the walls of No.10, or indeed anywhere
I suspect that some people are already trying to arrange that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.