Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Free and fair elections for all...

Free and fair elections for all...

Old Nov 14th 2019, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free and fair elections for all...

The link below shows one example of how possible voter fraud can occur in general elections.. We all know that other instances of vote rigging can and have occurred in the past, particularly with the postal vote and in other areas of our somewhat messed up and twisted society. I wont go as far as to suggest that organisations such as momentum would ever go as far as trying to rig the general election - perish the thought. However.......

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-students-vote

Last edited by Jake.White; Nov 14th 2019 at 4:34 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 4:42 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free and fair elections for all...

Originally Posted by Jake.White View Post
The link below shows one example of how possible voter fraud can occur in general elections.. We all know that other instances of vote rigging can and have occurred in the past, particularly with the postal vote and in other areas of our somewhat messed up and twisted society. I wont go as far as to suggest that organisations such as momentum would ever go as far as trying to rig the general election - perish the thought. However.......

What are you talking about? What voter fraud? As this article in the Guardian states, encouraging students to register both at their permanent home and at university is perfectly standard. I was at university from 1969 to 1972 and I was registered in both places, and was involved in registration efforts to get folks to register in both places. Not sure what your reference to Momentum is all about?
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You are talking a load of rubbish, I would have used a stronger term but the sweary filter might get upset.
Students are allowed to register in both places, in fact they are encouraged to do so, and it has always been so. They can only vote in one of those places though, again it has always been so.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Jake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond repute

Suit yourselves. Vote rigging and voter fraud doesn't exist and we live in a perfect world. A Utopia in fact...
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Suit yourselves. Vote rigging and voter fraud doesn't exist and we live in a perfect world. A Utopia in fact...
Do you know DC Koop by any chance?
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Vote rigging and voter fraud doesn't exist and we live in a perfect world. A Utopia in fact...
I don't think anyone was suggesting that Jake, just that the link you posted wasn't an example of voter fraud.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

hmm, well I did say how POSSIBLE voter fraud can occur, but never mind : people do love to misinterpret and deliberately misunderstand and it was only a point of interest which I thought might be worth raising after I read elsewhere today - possibly in the Telegraph, I'll try to find the link - that some student or other was actively tweeting all her contacts to encourage them to take advantage of the situation and to hell with the £5k fine. But as I say, never mind.. perfect world and all that...
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:52 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm, well I did say how POSSIBLE voter fraud can occur, but never mind : people do love to misinterpret and deliberately misunderstand and it was only a point of interest which I thought might be worth raising after I read elsewhere today - possibly in the Telegraph, I'll try to find the link - that some student or other was actively tweeting all her contacts to encourage them to take advantage of the situation and to hell with the £5k fine. But as I say, never mind.. perfect world and all that...
Just to repeat, in case you missed it, for students to register at home and at their university is perfectly standard and always has been. Why do you keep asserting that the world is perfect? I think everyone understands that it is not. However, the higher the voter participation, the better.

Old Nov 14th 2019, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post

Just to repeat, in case you missed it, for students to register at home and at their university is perfectly standard and always has been. Why do you keep asserting that the world is perfect? I think everyone understands that it is not. However, the higher the voter participation, the better.

The higher the voter participation the better. Even if they vote twice..?

Why do I keep reasserting that the world is perfect..? Sarcasm : in case you missed it..

I didn't miss your point about student registration however, and I DO understand the rules, but I might also take the opportunity at this point to also reassert that people DO like to misinterpret and deliberately misunderstand concepts with which they feel somewhat uncomfortable or which might perhaps require a little bit of lateral thought....

Here follows a nice example of voter fraud in action - although I fully expect the misinterpreters and deliberate misunderstanders to deny it robustly...

The first link explains how the mayor of Tower Hamlets was stripped of his position and barred from restanding for elections after being found guilty of electoral fraud. The second link tells the story of the very same person out campaigning on behalf of the wholesome and upstanding Labour party during the run up to the Peterborough by election. Now maybe it's just me who is a bit weird and a bit of a loony to find this kind of thing to be more than a little bit odd and decidedly unsavoury and dishonest on the part of the Labour Party, but I really do question the wit of anyone who would tell me that there is no problem with voter fraud or election rigging in the face of such examples...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-10198149.html

TOWER Hamlets Vote-Rigging Ex-Mayor Out ‘Campaigning For LABOUR’ – VoteWatch

Last edited by Jake.White; Nov 14th 2019 at 7:26 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

I can't find the article I was reading earlier today but here is a previous one..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...urgent-action/
Old Nov 14th 2019, 11:45 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 15th 2019, 12:11 am
Heading for Poppyland

The higher the voter participation the better. Even if they vote twice..?

Why do I keep reasserting that the world is perfect..? Sarcasm : in case you missed it..
I was being sarcastic but I think you missed it
Old Nov 15th 2019, 8:04 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

The first link explains how the mayor of Tower Hamlets was stripped of his position and barred from restanding for elections after being found guilty of electoral fraud. The second link tells the story of the very same person out campaigning on behalf of the wholesome and upstanding Labour party during the run up to the Peterborough by election. Now maybe it's just me who is a bit weird and a bit of a loony to find this kind of thing to be more than a little bit odd and decidedly unsavoury and dishonest on the part of the Labour Party, but I really do question the wit of anyone who would tell me that there is no problem with voter fraud or election rigging in the face of such examples...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-10198149.html

TOWER Hamlets Vote-Rigging Ex-Mayor Out ‘Campaigning For LABOUR’ – VoteWatch
Talking of free and fair, that 2nd website has an interesting style, choice of main topics and a name suspiciously similar to a respectable organisation.

Old Nov 15th 2019, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Talking of free and fair, that 2nd website has an interesting style, choice of main topics and a name suspiciously similar to a respectable organisation.
hmm, well it was what came up via a quick google search. Here's another one which might make you feel a bit less paranoid about right wing conspiracy theories, again, just the result of a quick google search. There are plenty more out there in the public domain for all to see but I suspect I'm rather wasting my time with this as the concensus seems to be that all is well and good and I'm talking a load of shite....

"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see" (paraphrased)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-lutfur-rahman
Old Nov 15th 2019, 9:03 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Not my point.

I'm well aware of the previous issues surrounding Mr Rahman and I wouldn't dream of dismissing them as a right wing conspiracy theory.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.