Equality!

Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equality!

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Some of us guys have read the book..... We're on to you

Yup, and I've seen a female door staff lift a guy and carry him out of a venue for grabbing her chest.

Like most of us have said, gender isn't an issue.
Jesus Christ there are exceptions everywhere; The danger is that they are excepted as the norm by people who haven't a clue!!!
Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:40 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
If you think that using women who go to a gym is typical of real life that you are lacking in something!!!! My grandad smoked a 100 cigarettes and and lived a long life!!! Means nothing!
The women in the gym are lifting upwards of 200 lbs, not 50-100lbs, the point being that strength is strength regardless of gender, but you probably conveniently ignored the more practical example of hauling kids and their associated crap around on a daily basis. And the gym is a good example of real life anyway, I once got my squat up to 310 lbs and I'm a fat sack of shit, so if I can do it, just about anyone can.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:46 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ there are exceptions everywhere; The danger is that they are excepted as the norm by people who haven't a clue!!!
Au contraire, you have eliminated the exceptions, and used them as a baseline to fire men from their jobs.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 6:18 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

If you think that using women who go to a gym is typical of real life that you are lacking in something!!!! My grandad smoked a 100 cigarettes and and lived a long life!!! Means nothing!
How Much Can the Average Female Bench Press?

Light Body Weight Means Low Press Weight

Women who have relatively low body weight often can't bench press as much weight as those who are bigger and stronger. A woman's experience with lifting weights also influences how much average weight she can lift. According to ExRx.net, a woman who weighs 97 pounds and is untrained in the exercise should be able to press 50 pounds. At a novice or intermediate level, she should be able to press 65 or 75 pounds, respectively. At the advanced or elite level, the average weight she should be able to press is about 95 or 115 pounds.
Yet you're the one asking if a woman should be given a job because of her gender, when clearly it's not an issue for almost anyone else on here, if the person's qualified.

100 cigarettes a day, a week, or over his entire life? Roy Castle died of lung cancer despite having never smoked in his life. Breathing in secondhand smoke caused his.

I told you not to call me that in public.

If exceptions become more common, then the norm shifts to include them. Humans have evolved to walk faster, run faster, lift heavier weights and to be generally better than we were 100 years ago. That why few old Olympic records still stand today. The general public aren't that much different, and what was the norm in life expectancy 100 years ago isn't the norm now, due to medical advances and a better understanding of health.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 6:50 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Danger?

It is true that revolutions, resistance movements, and regular armies around the world have had both men and women participating as armed, front-line fighters in their ranks. I suppose you could call that dangerous?
Old Feb 11th 2020, 7:06 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Danger?

It is true that revolutions, resistance movements, and regular armies around the world have had both men and women participating as armed, front-line fighters in their ranks. I suppose you could call that dangerous?
Don't forget about Boudica.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 7:19 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Don't forget about Boudica.
I found some amusing items from a history site online:

"A Celtic woman is often the equal of any Roman man in hand-to-hand combat. She is as beautiful as she is strong. Her body is comely but fierce. The physiques of our Roman women pale in comparison.” — Unidentified Roman Soldier

"The women of the Gauls are not only like men in their great stature, but they are a match for them in courage as well.” — Diodorus Siculus

"A whole band of foreigners will be unable to cope with one [Gaul] in a fight, if he calls in his wife, stronger than he by far and with flashing eyes; least of all when she swells her neck and gnashes her teeth, and poising her huge white arms, begins to rain blows mingled with kicks, like shots discharged by the twisted cords of a catapult.” — Ammianus Marcellinus

Old Feb 11th 2020, 7:23 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I found some amusing items from a history site online:

"A Celtic woman is often the equal of any Roman man in hand-to-hand combat. She is as beautiful as she is strong. Her body is comely but fierce. The physiques of our Roman women pale in comparison.” — Unidentified Roman Soldier

"The women of the Gauls are not only like men in their great stature, but they are a match for them in courage as well.” — Diodorus Siculus

"A whole band of foreigners will be unable to cope with one [Gaul] in a fight, if he calls in his wife, stronger than he by far and with flashing eyes; least of all when she swells her neck and gnashes her teeth, and poising her huge white arms, begins to rain blows mingled with kicks, like shots discharged by the twisted cords of a catapult.” — Ammianus Marcellinus
Don't **** with the Celts, is the general message being displayed here. Vikings too, their women were double-hard-as-nails as well.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who thinks that women aren't capable of lifting 50-100 lbs with ease has obviously never been to a gym in their lives. There are women in there who are squatting two plates or more regularly - that means they could hoist me over their shoulders and bang out 5 reps, if I had conveniently placed handles (careful, now). And they're not huge with bulging muscles either, it doesn't work that way, they are just well trained with functional strength.

Gender doesn't factor in if a person is trained properly. And nobody should really be going for heavy manual labor like that without some kind of training or experience because that's how career ending back injuries happen.
Plus using police is a bad example when talking about US police, have these posters ever seen some of the fat male cops in the US? Many police agencies have no physical standards to meet once out of the academy, NY is known for fat cops.

Old Feb 11th 2020, 8:29 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Plus using police is a bad example when talking about US police, have these posters ever seen some of the fat male cops in the US? Many police agencies have no physical standards to meet once out of the academy, NY is known for fat cops.
Seems to be two distinct types here. Big ol' fat boys, or roided up MMA wannabees. They're all dickholes though.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be two distinct types here. Big ol' fat boys, or roided up MMA wannabees. They're all dickholes though.
Oh yes the MMA type, forgot about those. Policing seems to attract the less desirable personalities it seems being a bully is a necessary criteria for police hiring, at least in the US. Police are not nearly as bad up my way, although still not people you want to be friends with.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Gender shouldn't come into it but it does especially if the employer is bound by hiring quotas or other factors. The best qualified doesn't always get the job. Even females can fall foul of hiring quotas especially visible minorities or those with accommodation needs.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 11:24 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

My penis has never helped or impeded me doing my work.
EDIT: be nice if I could hold a spanner though

Last edited by stevenglish1; Feb 11th 2020 at 11:32 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 11:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
My penis has never helped or impeded me doing my work.
Unlike Otis in Sex Education on Netflix.
Brilliant show.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 11:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Police are not nearly as bad up my way, although still not people you want to be friends with.
True that, Justin. Acquaintanceships with the law are close enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.