Equality!

Old Feb 10th 2020, 6:30 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equality!

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Then I'm reading these wrongly.

I think women are very capable of doing exactly the same job as their male counterparts, even where it requires physical effort. Gone are the days where Health and Safety allowed people to carry heavy loads on their own, and we've learned long ago that it's better sometimes to use a two-person lift or mechanical handling. A female worker is no more disadvantaged in physical labour than a male of the same stature.

As I've said before, as long as they meet the requirements for the job, who cares what gender they are. The best candidate should get hired.
I'm not sure if "Gone are the days where Health and Safety allowed people to carry heavy loads on their own". After all, that was an unnecessary "regulation" imposed by "liberals" that just costs businesses money.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 3:06 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
And in what country is that then?
I guess the same countries where they choose not to be garbage collectors. At the end of the day women have agency in the West and clearly can make choices.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

I think women are very capable of doing exactly the same job as their male counterparts, even where it requires physical effort. Gone are the days where Health and Safety allowed people to carry heavy loads on their own, and we've learned long ago that it's better sometimes to use a two-person lift or mechanical handling. A female worker is no more disadvantaged in physical labour than a male of the same stature.

As I've said before, as long as they meet the requirements for the job, who cares what gender they are. The best candidate should get hired.
In these parts, men are men and wimmin . . . well, can you consistently lift over 100 lbs all day long (plus overtime)? Sorry, balls required.

Magnificent bastards wanted

compensation: $ D.O.E. A person with no experience starts at $14 an hour with reviews and raises at 3 months, 6 months and a year.
employment type: full-time
We are a high end stone fabrication shop looking for the right person(s). Only hard working, non-bitching, honest people need apply. If you have experience in any trade that requires balls and a brain, and want to build cool ass shit, call or email me. Welding skills, any wood skills, any building skills, electric skills are all good as long as you can transition those skills to stone fabrication. The more applicable experience you have, the more money you will start at.

If you have no experience and are young and looking to learn a good trade, this is also great.

Any serious applicant must be able to consistently lift over 100 lbs all day long, and work 10 hour days-6 am to 4 pm with overtime common. This is not a job for the weak. We work both shop and field installs. All applicants must have a fine eye for detail and the ability to learn from their mistakes.

All applicants must speak fluent English. We aren't a multi lingual shop and never will be.

All applicants will talk with me first to see if they are full of shit or not, then an in person meeting will be set up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we E-verify all applicants. If you aren't legal, or are full of shit, or are a drug addict, don't wast my ****ing time.
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
  • etc.

Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

One of the best workers we had at the airport job I had last was a 5'0 woman, she could out work many of the men no problem, as long as the person can lift up to 70 pounds alone without help, I don't care what gender they were, all that matters is they can do the job at hand which part of that job is lifting/moving up to 70 pounds without assistance.

Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Aside from the fact that the question asked was should women be selected because of their gender: To respond to your observation that 'we have learned etc etc'. A fireman, Policeman or Soldier often has to rely on their own physical attributes in situations where mechanical aids are not available. From experience I know that it will be the men who do the strength work. In a team environment it will also still be the men who do most of the strength work. I'm not, as it may seem, knocking women. It is simply that when it comes to strength applications few women can equal a man. I run marathons, do triathlons and long distance swimming and more often than not I'm beaten by women so I know how good they can be in certain situations. Strength though is another matter; I have yet to be beaten by a women lifting weights.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:17 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
One of the best workers we had at the airport job I had last was a 5'0 woman, she could out work many of the men no problem, as long as the person can lift up to 70 pounds alone without help, I don't care what gender they were, all that matters is they can do the job at hand which part of that job is lifting/moving up to 70 pounds without assistance.
Anyone who thinks that women aren't capable of lifting 50-100 lbs with ease has obviously never been to a gym in their lives. There are women in there who are squatting two plates or more regularly - that means they could hoist me over their shoulders and bang out 5 reps, if I had conveniently placed handles (careful, now). And they're not huge with bulging muscles either, it doesn't work that way, they are just well trained with functional strength.

Gender doesn't factor in if a person is trained properly. And nobody should really be going for heavy manual labor like that without some kind of training or experience because that's how career ending back injuries happen.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:31 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Anyone who thinks that women aren't capable of lifting 50-100 lbs with ease has obviously never been to a gym in their lives. There are women in there who are squatting two plates or more regularly - that means they could hoist me over their shoulders and bang out 5 reps, if I had conveniently placed handles (careful, now). And they're not huge with bulging muscles either, it doesn't work that way, they are just well trained with functional strength.

Gender doesn't factor in if a person is trained properly. And nobody should really be going for heavy manual labor like that without some kind of training or experience because that's how career ending back injuries happen.
I spent 6 months loading and unloading pallets with 55lb bags of potatoes. It's easy to lift 1 bag or carry two over a short distance a few times, but not for more than a few pallets worth for the average person.

We found with new starters that women were able to layer the rows neater than the men did, and worked just as well. And we never shrink-wrapped the pallets either, so stacking the layers neatly was the only thing keeping the load from toppling.

And most of them were good drinkers on a Friday evening.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:36 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I spent 6 months loading and unloading pallets with 55lb bags of potatoes. It's easy to lift 1 bag or carry two over a short distance a few times, but not for more than a few pallets worth for the average person.

We found with new starters that women were able to layer the rows neater than the men did, and worked just as well. And we never shrink-wrapped the pallets either, so stacking the layers neatly was the only thing keeping the load from toppling.

And most of them were good drinkers on a Friday evening.
I forgot the obvious of course, that women are always lifting 50lb kids out of and away from places they shouldn't be at any given moment, too. Often two at a time.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:41 pm

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot the obvious of course, that women are always lifting 50lb kids out of and away from places they shouldn't be at any given moment, too. Often two at a time.
Yup. It's surprising how much a kid, car seat, nappy bag and everything else weighs. And have you seen them carrying the shopping in from the car when they don't want you to see what they've bought!
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:45 pm
Hail Satan!

Yup. It's surprising how much a kid, car seat, nappy bag and everything else weighs.
It is. Not to mention the fully loaded diaper attached to the baby adding to the weight. The first trip you take after they are potty trained feels like you are floating, there is so little you have to carry anymore.

And have you seen them carrying the shopping in from the car when they don't want you to see what they've bought!
That never happens to us. Mostly because my wife doesn't give two shits if I see what she's bought, because I don't care either - she's the accountant in the house anyway so I defer all money related decisions to her as it is.

Also, she usually makes me unload the car anyway.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:48 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

And have you seen them carrying the shopping in from the car when they don't want you to see what they've bought!
lol...i thought that was just me!
Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Randomly, one of our attorneys at work has a picture of himself being leg-pressed by a woman, ie she's on her back on the floor and he is balanced on the upturned soles of her feet and she's lifting him up and down that way. He isn't huge man, but definitely weighs more than she does.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Feb 11th 2020 at 5:17 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:07 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Randomly, one of our attorneys at work has a picture of himself being leg-pressed by a woman, ie she's on her back on the flood and he is balanced on the upturned soles of her feet and she's lifting him up and down that way. He isn't huge man, but definitely weighs more than she does.
That man has truly lived.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
lol...i thought that was just me!
Some of us guys have read the book..... We're on to you

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Randomly, one of our attorneys at work has a picture of himself being leg-pressed by a woman, ie she's on her back on the floor and he is balanced on the upturned soles of her feet and she's lifting him up and down that way. He isn't huge man, but definitely weighs more than she does.
Yup, and I've seen a female door staff lift a guy and carry him out of a venue for grabbing her chest.

Like most of us have said, gender isn't an issue.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

If you think that using women who go to a gym is typical of real life that you are lacking in something!!!! My grandad smoked a 100 cigarettes and and lived a long life!!! Means nothing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.