Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Enter the Wokeness

Enter the Wokeness

Old Jul 3rd 2020, 7:22 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Enter the Wokeness

Haven't heard of Claire Fox before and typically avoid anything bannered by The Sun, but she seems to make a good critique of the stifiling of free speech/thought that many modern activists undertake.

Old Jul 4th 2020, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enter the Wokeness

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Haven't heard of Claire Fox before and typically avoid anything bannered by The Sun, but she seems to make a good critique of the stifiling of free speech/thought that many modern activists undertake.

https://youtu.be/hyBRwz_xt-k
Boring boring boring clicked off after 15 secs.Just going outside to hit my thumb with a hammer
Old Jul 4th 2020, 9:03 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Boring boring boring clicked off after 15 secs.Just going outside to hit my thumb with a hammer
Well that will wake you up.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Have heard Claire Fox speaking on TV many times and always admired her thoughtful, intelligent reasoning.
Listened to most of the tape and agree with her points.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Another example of a Police hatecrime.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 2:13 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Have heard Claire Fox speaking on TV many times and always admired her thoughtful, intelligent reasoning.
Listened to most of the tape and agree with her points.
​​​​​​Perhaps I just tuned her out as she's a Brexiteer, but she seems ok on this topic. Where did you see her, Newsnight or something?
Old Jul 4th 2020, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​Perhaps I just tuned her out as she's a Brexiteer, but she seems ok on this topic. Where did you see her, Newsnight or something?
I think mostly Sky news review discussions.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

She talks a great deal of sense. The interviewer Stephen Edgerton has done a lot of really good interviews for The Sun. Very intelligent conversations, none of them tabloid quality stuff. It's well worth browsing through the channel to see who else he's interviewed.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

She's popped up all over the place. Just do a YouTube search, it's a great place to for hearing what everyone has to say and not what the mainstream media want you to read and hear about. The only time I watch the mainstream news these days is when I'm feeling lazy - and even then I can only take so much of it.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 8:14 am
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
She talks a great deal of sense. The interviewer Stephen Edgerton has done a lot of really good interviews for The Sun. Very intelligent conversations, none of them tabloid quality stuff. It's well worth browsing through the channel to see who else he's interviewed.
I've seen one or two of Stephen Edgerton's interviews, and agree that they are intelligent convos. As for watching You Tube content, I'm a qualified Obi Wan Kinobe !!
Old Jul 5th 2020, 8:16 am
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
I think mostly Sky news review discussions.
I tend not to watch Sky News. Adam Boulton puts me off. No complaints about Sophy Ridge, however. ​​​​​​
Old Jul 5th 2020, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are awesome,just for you all
Old Jul 5th 2020, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've seen one or two of Stephen Edgerton's interviews, and agree that they are intelligent convos. As for watching You Tube content, I'm a qualified Obi Wan Kinobe !!
Old Jul 10th 2020, 2:35 pm
F.orum Ape

Interesting discussion with the great Steven Pinker. At 8m30s to 11m30s (3 minutes) he sheds light on the emerging trend of illiberal thinking and cultural Marxism.

Old Jul 10th 2020, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting discussion with the great Steven Pinker. At 8m30s to 11m30s (3 minutes) he sheds light on the emerging trend of illiberal thinking and cultural Marxism.

https://youtu.be/dHMsWdRlGwo
Excellent stuff and there are many similar videos on YouTube, what intrigues me is how all this all arose, history is a great teacher and this is hardly something new.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.