17.65%
Maybe
0%
No, absolutely not
52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Dogpiling

Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:18 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogpiling

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Dogpiling on account of my youthful age!!!!
Is it possible to be a pile of one?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:46 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Is it possible to be a pile of one?
Allegedly not.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Our most diverse viewpoints are what football team we support. You only need to read threads here about the political spectrum to realize that.
No, I'm pretty sure there are those who think Trump won the election and had it stolen. We've seen posts to say so. Or that Johnson is viewed by some here an incompetent liar while others will talk about his "world beating" achievements. I think that's a little more diverse than whether one lives in North London and supports Spurs rather than Arsenal.

That aside, if we're not of diverse opinion, where would the dogpiling start?

Last edited by BristolUK; Feb 18th 2021 at 3:27 pm. Reason: missed an "I"
Old Feb 18th 2021, 2:32 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
The forum in a nutshell, it's basically a bunch of well off, middle-to-old aged white Brits who've had a privileged life overseas pretending to care about other people to look good to internet strangers.
Is the conservative mind unable to conceive of the possibility that some people might hold considered views about things that aren't quite right without resorting to the "smug, liberal virtue-signallers" trope?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 3:42 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Acknowledges privilege exists.
Doesn't think people should speak up about it.
And if they do, they should be chastised with derogatory epithets.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 3:47 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

And still some people have the gall to claim that the right is an ideology geared at protecting privilege!
Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:12 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I see a thread like this, I assume it is somebody who is laying groundwork.

BE has been infiltrated more than once by posters with much darker motives than the free and fair exchange of ideas. To a person, they all claimed victimhood when held to count.

In general . . .

If you want to post an opinion, be prepared to hear differing opinions. If you are afraid of differing opinions, then consider shutting your face when in the presence of other humans.

If you start posting lies and conspiracy theories, using your special new words (for things that we have perfectly good words for already), then I'm going to punch you in the dick.

The fact that you have been brainwashed (or have a financial motive for spreading lies) does not magically translate into my being required to tolerate batshittery. Your family will have to deal with your mental decline, not me. This isn't your family.

Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:42 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Whenever I see a thread like this, I assume it is somebody who is laying groundwork.

BE has been infiltrated more than once by posters with much darker motives than the free and fair exchange of ideas. To a person, they all claimed victimhood when held to count.

In general . . .

If you want to post an opinion, be prepared to hear differing opinions. If you are afraid of differing opinions, then consider shutting your face when in the presence of other humans.

If you start posting lies and conspiracy theories, using your special new words (for things that we have perfectly good words for already), then I'm going to punch you in the dick.

The fact that you have been brainwashed (or have a financial motive for spreading lies) does not magically translate into my being required to tolerate batshittery. Your family will have to deal with your mental decline, not me. This isn't your family.

Perhaps our old friend P***** (I don't want to summon him from the great, dark beyond) is planning his return and is testing the waters to see if he can get special protection
Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:47 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps our old friend P***** (I don't want to summon him from the great, dark beyond) is planning his return and is testing the waters to see if he can get special protection
If I say something controversial, I assume some will disagree. I don't need a poll to tell me that. However, telegraphing a future experience of being unfairly treated is a bit of a tell.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
If I say something controversial, I assume some will disagree. I don't need a poll to tell me that. However, telegraphing a future experience of being unfairly treated is a bit of a tell.

Well to be fair, you are quite dangerous.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 5:08 pm
WTF?

Well to be fair, you are quite dangerous.
I have been accused of having a very menacing mouse-click.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 5:27 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering what motivated mfh to start this thread.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 5:31 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Post 26
Old Feb 18th 2021, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post

Or someone on whose behalf s/he is speaking.

Either way, none of us have been in primary school for quite some time so I don't think we need any teachers to sort us out.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Feb 18th 2021 at 6:00 pm. Reason: Grammar nazi
Old Feb 18th 2021, 6:04 pm
EU and me, happy together

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Who did you disagree with?
I don't think they've disagreed with anyone, at least not under that username.... Take a look at their post history, they come here on a random basis, make a post or two then disappear again.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/sear...rchid=12958690

They've only posted more than once on any thread a few times. I'm outta here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.