Maybe
0%
No, absolutely not
52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Dogpiling

Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:40 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogpiling

It struck me that UKwinds got a bit of an unfair time, the nearest to dogpiling I can think of. They ended up banned (or is that just a title they chose?), I think, maybe more was happening, that I was unaware about, than I read.

Last edited by kimilseung; Feb 18th 2021 at 12:43 am.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Well most of us are Brits but we can be (and are) diverse within that.

That's bizarre logic.

Well if it's not considered 'a thing' how can it exist? It looks like you are making it 'a thing' therefore it exists.
Our most diverse viewpoints are what football team we support. You only need to read threads here about the political spectrum to realize that.

Why's it bizarre? Go read some nut job forums, they all think they're right in their echo chambers, even when clearly wrong when viewed from outside.

Dogpiling's been around for decades online, it's not something new.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 8:31 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

The forum in a nutshell, it's basically a bunch of well off, middle-to-old aged white Brits who've had a privileged life overseas pretending to care about other people to look good to internet strangers.

Me included, except I'm not middle or old aged. I'm just hugely privileged, very well off and a white Brit - the only thing that pushes me into the anti-christ position is that I'm a ****ing man as well. The horror.

Otherwise, yeah, there's groups in here that circle around the same few fish who dare disagree, belittling them or abusing them for having the gall to think differently.

I don't agree with every opinion obviously and will certainly pile in if someone's being a twat, but couldn't sit and pretend it doesn't happen and that it's all OK what happens.
That being said, who gives a ****? Sometimes it's trolling, sometimes they're stupid, sometimes it's just a human being a human and thinking differently. We're allowed to disagree and call each other a dickhead in the process.

I'm sure I'll get that sort of attention for this because the truth hurts the vulnerably egos on forums like this.

Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:18 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
The forum in a nutshell, it's basically a bunch of well off, middle-to-old aged white Brits who've had a privileged life overseas pretending to care about other people to look good to internet strangers.

Me included, except I'm not middle or old aged. I'm just hugely privileged, very well off and a white Brit - the only thing that pushes me into the anti-christ position is that I'm a ****ing man as well. The horror.

Otherwise, yeah, there's groups in here that circle around the same few fish who dare disagree, belittling them or abusing them for having the gall to think differently.

I don't agree with every opinion obviously and will certainly pile in if someone's being a twat, but couldn't sit and pretend it doesn't happen and that it's all OK what happens.
That being said, who gives a ****? Sometimes it's trolling, sometimes they're stupid, sometimes it's just a human being a human and thinking differently. We're allowed to disagree and call each other a dickhead in the process.

I'm sure I'll get that sort of attention for this because the truth hurts the vulnerably egos on forums like this.
You Sir, just have to accept that some people are wrong and it's our job... our duty... to correct them. We cant just have people wandering about the place having opinions and the like.

*monocle*
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:36 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
You Sir, just have to accept that some people are wrong and it's our job... our duty... to correct them. We cant just have people wandering about the place having opinions and the like.

*monocle*
I'm part of the gang, I'm just a bit younger.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:45 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

In my day we didn't go around saying things and having our own views. Mark my words.. It will be "feelings" next. It will be the death of the Empire you know.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Being in the minority in a given place doesn't protect a person from criticism or being held to some standard of intellectual rigour.

Some of these "minorities" on here have expressed vile opinions or a seemingly endless stream of proven lies. "Thinking differently"? Yeah, sure, if you like. Do they complain about being prevented from expressing themselves freely, where "freely" is apparently defined as "without reactions I don't like"? Yup. At least the ones in TIO, don't know about other bits of the forum. Their views are, in general, minority views the world over, thankfully. Maybe you know of different instances on here.

I can't think of any of them who have been abused for "thinking differently". I can think of some instances where people have been strongly criticised by multiple people, including me, and ridiculed for espousing overtly bigotted views and for repeatedly promoting damaging lies. Those same people have also been routinely rude to others (such as me) for "having the gall" to think differently from them, whilst themselves claiming victim status. For the most part, the world is not the way they would like it, thankfully. This does not make them victims, but it does mean that the rest of us don't have to be their victims. I hope it stays that way.

We are all grown ups here. People can say what they have to say and others are free to reply.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:00 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

In my day we didn't go around saying things and having our own views. Mark my words.. It will be "feelings" next. It will be the death of the Empire you know.
I don't think I was allowed "views" at all. And evidence of "feelings" was met with "pull your socks up".
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I don't think I was allowed "views" at all. And evidence of "feelings" was met with "pull your socks up".
Quite right too. Slouching around.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:07 pm

Quite right too. Slouching around.
Moping.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:07 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

That's odd. I would have put you as somewhat older. No idea why.

I'll be 37 this year... eek!
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:12 pm

It's ok. Men aren't properly grown up until they're 35 anyway.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:13 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Dogpiling on account of my youthful age!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:15 pm
EU and me, happy together

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 37 + another 2-digit number this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.