Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Despicable comments from former BBC jouro on the Sri-Lanka bombing

Despicable comments from former BBC jouro on the Sri-Lanka bombing

Old Apr 22nd 2019, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Despicable comments from former BBC jouro on the Sri-Lanka bombing

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I dunno. I can think of one person who might say that some were very fine people.
I doubt he would say that of Islamists. I can think of another person who would say "some people did something"
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static View Post
I don't see a Christian I wont see a Muslim I see people I see their actions because they reveal their thoughts, A personal belief is yours alone no matter how many people have it because each person on the same path will never quite be the same. You walk your own path no matter who's shoes you have on.
If that was the case, why was it necessary for leaders in the West and Jacinta Arden to point out that the victims of the NZ killings were Muslims, the perpetrator was a white supremacist and that they (these leaders )stood with the Muslim people. This attack was specifically directed at Christians, so it is necessary to point that out. Not doing so is a whitewash.
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 10:21 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static View Post
I don't see a Christian I wont see a Muslim I see people I see their actions because they reveal their thoughts, A personal belief is yours alone no matter how many people have it because each person on the same path will never quite be the same. You walk your own path no matter who's shoes you have on.
Yeah, that kumbaya crap'll be really helpful when you're having your head cut off or you're in a hotel or marketplace or restaurant when someone from the Religion of Peas comes to spoil your day with a TATP rucksack.
I think you mean "whose" shoes.
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 10:22 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
If that was the case, why was it necessary for leaders in the West and Jacinta Arden to point out that the victims of the NZ killings were Muslims, the perpetrator was a white supremacist and that they (these leaders )stood with the Muslim people. This attack was specifically directed at Christians, so it is necessary to point that out. Not doing so is a whitewash.
Christians don't matter. One of the last persecutable groups.
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

It didn't end with that tweet, he went on and on about it with other tweets. Then when people got angry he blamed "Trump supporters" and "American Christians."
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly do not agree with everything she posts but this seems very relevant.

Last edited by Boiler; Apr 23rd 2019 at 3:35 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 5:45 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out one of my old friends/ college room mate was in one of the hotels that got hit, with his wife & 2 young kids. Thankfully they were in their room on a higher floor when the bomb went off and not physically hurt, but were 15 minutes from being down in the restaurant at the center of it. He is originally Sri Lankan, they are all Brits, just on vacation. Coming back to UK today. I hate to think what this did to the kids.
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 7:14 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S68oPyDQegI

I certainly do not agree with everything she posts but this seems very relevant.
What is the essence of what she says?
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 6:35 pm
Peace onion

Something I was thinking about - situational awareness.

I'm sure most of these victims never had a chance. But having a bit of situational awareness might save your life.

Backpacks are ubiquitous, but when do they look out of place? Standing in line for a breakfast buffet? Perhaps. Perhaps not.
It'll certainly make me think twice if I see a young asian male, eastern European/Chechen, African, middle easterner - any young man who could be a Muslim - wearing a backpack out of place.
And this isn't racist. A young Muslim male isn't likely to be back-packing around the banana-pancake circuit.

But what do these fellows do? They use our decency and politeness against us. If someone has a gun, you'll have a chance if you can close on them. With a suicide bomber, you're screwed. You can't get that detonator wire out of his sleeve and wrestled away before it goes off. Best bet is "go outside for a smoke break" extremely urgently.

If you've ever watched the footage of the nightclub fire where Great White were playing and their pyrotechnics set the roof alight, you'll notice there is literally a three to five second window for survival. Some people watch the fireworks/sparks. Others are just GO-GO-GO immediately. Split second decision that decides whether you lived or died.
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
What is the essence of what she says?
She has a YouTube channel, she might be described as progressive but I tend to limit that terms to the loons, so some of what she covers I am not going to agree with, a lot of it is plain sensible like this.

To be fair there is nobody I am going to completely agree with except me.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

"Backpacks are ubiquitous, but when do they look out of place? Standing in line for a breakfast buffet? Perhaps. Perhaps not.
It'll certainly make me think twice if I see a young asian male, eastern European/Chechen, African, middle easterner - any young man who could be a Muslim - wearing a backpack out of place.
And this isn't racist. A young Muslim male isn't likely to be back-packing around the banana-pancake circuit."

As I came in from the pool this morning a young M.E. looking guy with a backpack walked into the breakfast area. Acc to the comment of Octang Frye I should I've run as fast as I can still run with my dodgy hip. The M.E. looking guy with dark hair and beard and dark complexion is Italian.
Luckily, I didn't run.

Last edited by Thairetired2016; Apr 24th 2019 at 5:32 am.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye View Post
Something I was thinking about - situational awareness.

I'm sure most of these victims never had a chance. But having a bit of situational awareness might save your life.

Backpacks are ubiquitous, but when do they look out of place? Standing in line for a breakfast buffet? Perhaps. Perhaps not.
And this isn't racist. A young Muslim male isn't likely to be back-packing around the banana-pancake circuit.

But what do these fellows do? They use our decency and politeness against us. If someone has a gun, you'll have a chance if you can close on them. With a suicide bomber, you're screwed. You can't get that detonator wire out of his sleeve and wrestled away before it goes off. Best bet is "go outside for a smoke break" extremely urgently.

If you've ever watched the footage of the nightclub fire where Great White were playing and their pyrotechnics set the roof alight, you'll notice there is literally a three to five second window for survival. Some people watch the fireworks/sparks. Others are just GO-GO-GO immediately. Split second decision that decides whether you lived or died.
Of course they backpack around the banana-pancake circuit. Thailand is (somewhat notoriously) a very popular vacation spot for Gulf Arabs and many Levant Arabs and Egyptians do their university studies in Malaysia.

Evidence? Just take any flight from Southeast Asia to Dubai/Riyadh/etc and see how many people board in Western street clothes (with backpacks!) and then change back into kandooras and abayas towards the end of the flight, in preparation for landing into their home countries.

No idea how, traveling around Sri Lanka, you would be able to tell who is Muslim or not by sight anyways.

Last edited by carcajou; Apr 24th 2019 at 6:22 am.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 7:49 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching the news last night and they were talking to a survivor, who only escaped because he was parking his car after dropping his wife and child off outside the church. They didn't survive. I think it's time they started calling these people what they are. Murderous bastards doing what they do in the name of some ****ing sky fairy. Makes me sick to my stomach .
Old Apr 24th 2019, 8:13 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou View Post

No idea how, traveling around Sri Lanka, you would be able to tell who is Muslim or not by sight anyways.
We spent a good month or more there way back when. It is not hard to tell the difference to be honest. I am talking about folks that live there . Not visitors or tourists. Of course it does depend on where you visit also.

Old Apr 24th 2019, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well it turns out one of the Bombers studied in the UK which is hardly a surprise.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.