Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The demise of the main stream media.

The demise of the main stream media.

Old Jul 15th 2020, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default The demise of the main stream media.

Source: ‘Dozens of instances of bullying and harassment’ at New York Times

Sadly seems a common theme.

https://spectator.us/bullying-harass...es-bari-weiss/

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

Perhaps the most pertinent and worrying issue.

But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned. Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The demise of the main stream media.

I have no idea what mainstream media is in this modern digital up to the minute era.I tend to take anything i see or read with a pinch of salt.For instance i do not believe the above item,for me it's fake news sorry
Old Jul 15th 2020, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post

Source: ‘Dozens of instances of bullying and harassment’ at New York Times

Sadly seems a common theme.

https://spectator.us/bullying-harass...es-bari-weiss/

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

Perhaps the most pertinent and worrying issue.
The mainstream media is a complete basket case. And everyone except the woke can see it.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 12:14 am
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The media is currently all excited and giddy about their own predictions that Donald Trump is going to lose in November - and yet they have entirely missed the irony that the are the same media that was confidently predicting that Hilary Clinton had beaten him right up to the time that the polls closed on election day in 2016.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 5:15 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I think the media still appears to be being a bit cautious with their predictions. The polls say he's overwhelmingly likely to lose, but I don't see anyone saying "it's over".

Trump could very well still "win" the election. What the media doesn't factor in (because like so many other things that have happened during Trump's reign, it's rather unimaginable) is deliberate tampering with the electoral process, including voter suppression and declaring ballot fraud.

A second term is an existential necessity for Trump. They will go to any length to make sure that happens. The media knows that.

Trump’s 3-Point Plan to Win in 2020

Last edited by amideislas; Jul 16th 2020 at 5:18 am.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 6:06 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
The mainstream media is a complete basket case. And everyone except the woke can see it.
Apart from the Murdoch empire, of course.

That's all fine and dandy, isn't it?
Old Jul 16th 2020, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post

Yes, and thank goodness for that. Imagine what the world would be like if the entire mainstream media space went woke
Old Jul 16th 2020, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Interesting stats:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...iewership-usa/
Old Jul 16th 2020, 6:24 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

... and the Daily Mail.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 8:03 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post

People have always loved hearing what they want to believe, frames them as "victims", and diverts any responsibility away from them. That's actually the bulk of the attraction to "populism".
Old Jul 16th 2020, 9:59 am
Banned

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew Sullivan is supposedly going to depart New Yorker Magazine tomorrow with a splash.

I don't think anyone who has been paying attention, was surprised by what Bari Weiss said about the New York Times.

Back in 2005 or so I used to read a dozen newspapers today, now I glance at the headlines of 2. Whatever I read is just someone, left or right, trying to spin me. My own hometown dailies are simply unreadable today.

Concur with el collado kid, everything has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Emphasis on everything
Old Jul 16th 2020, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

A bucket of salt.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 10:53 am
Who - me?

Telegraph?

Surely the Telegraph gets a pass?
Old Jul 16th 2020, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This article quite well describes the problem:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.