Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

CORONAVIRUS PART II

CORONAVIRUS PART II

Old Jul 28th 2021, 2:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CORONAVIRUS PART II

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
YES!

Let's hope they bring this in in time for my trip. Flying on August 16. It would be just my luck if it turned out to be Sept 1.
Originally Posted by Phathamster View Post
August 16th is the date when we are going to end self isolating if we are double jabbed and come in contact with someone whos tested positive.

I suspect the travel Quarantine rules to change by then at the absolute latest.

I'll keep an eye out for a date and post here
Just announced, no quarantine rule commences 2 August

BBC live blog
21:32

BREAKINGEU and US arrivals will not have to quarantine from 2 August

Arrivals from the EU and US will be able to come to England from an amber country without having to quarantine if they're fully vaccinated from 04:00 BST on Monday 2 August, the transport secretary has announced.

that the changes will apply to fully vaccinated people with an FDA or EMA approved vaccine.

"They’ll still need to do the usual pre-departure test before arrival and take a PCR test on day two of returning to the England," he says.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 2:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Just announced, no quarantine rule commences 2 August

BBC live blog
21:32

BREAKINGEU and US arrivals will not have to quarantine from 2 August

Arrivals from the EU and US will be able to come to England from an amber country without having to quarantine if they're fully vaccinated from 04:00 BST on Monday 2 August, the transport secretary has announced.

Grant Shapps tweeted that the changes will apply to fully vaccinated people with an FDA or EMA approved vaccine.

"They’ll still need to do the usual pre-departure test before arrival and take a PCR test on day two of returning to the England," he says.

Phew.

That's good news, albeit annoying for those who are just missing that start date.

Means I will be able to see more people and not have to hide in my sister's back garden (although there are worse places) and risk getting stuck and not seeing my son, and not worry about the day 8 test either.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 2:53 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Grant Shapps tweeted that the changes will apply to fully vaccinated people with an FDA or EMA approved vaccine.

Just want to make sure I’m understanding this change. It sounds like you’ll still have to fill out that form (passenger information form? Can’t remember what it is called.) It’s just that the requirement is much simpler and less onerous, i.e. no isolating and no day 8 test. You’ll still have to pre-book and pay for a test for day two .. ?
Old Jul 28th 2021, 3:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Just want to make sure I’m understanding this change. It sounds like you’ll still have to fill out that form (passenger information form? Can’t remember what it is called.) It’s just that the requirement is much simpler and less onerous, i.e. no isolating and no day 8 test. You’ll still have to pre-book and pay for a test for day two .. ?

That's what it looks like to me. Day 2 test for sure, so presumably the "passenger locator form" as well.

So a "fit to fly" test each way, plus the Day 2.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 3:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
I'm glad Lion answered because I'm just the 'post and run person'
That's what it looks like to me. Day 2 test for sure, so presumably the "passenger locator form" as well.

So a "fit to fly" test each way, plus the Day 2.

So pleased you avoided the faff and expense, all systems go now.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 3:15 pm

So pleased you avoided the faff and expense, all systems go now.

Yes indeed. It's starting to feel real.

I hope everyone else in similar circumstances is able to see the people they need to see soon.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 3:28 pm
Concierge

Yes indeed. It's starting to feel real.

I hope everyone else in similar circumstances is able to see the people they need to see soon.
You'll be on that plane before you know it. Perhaps give LL and his girlfriend a quick text before you board, so they have enough time to clean

Yes, too many people have been separated for too long.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 3:43 pm

You'll be on that plane before you know it. Perhaps give LL and his girlfriend a quick text before you board, so they have enough time to clean

Yes, too many people have been separated for too long.

I'm still spending a few days with my sister first, in the south, so they'll have some notice. I was going to quarantine with her, so I'm not going to cancel that time just because I don't have to quarantine. I can do a few more things with her, and will go to London to cultivate my current employers a bit, then up to Liverpool. I'll look again at AirBnBs now that quarantine's off, or see if I can do a deal with the Travelodge. The LL and girlfriend's place is weeny - one bedroom, a living room/kitchen area (open plan) and another cupboard-sized room, all containing them, two hamsters, and a cat. So I won't be staying there.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 4:52 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Phew.

That's good news, albeit annoying for those who are just missing that start date.

Means I will be able to see more people and not have to hide in my sister's back garden (although there are worse places) and risk getting stuck and not seeing my son, and not worry about the day 8 test either.
So pleased for you !
Old Jul 28th 2021, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
So pleased for you !

Thank you.

I'll be a year and eight months that I won't have seen my son or know when I would be able to be with him again.

I know others have it worse. He's safe and well, and so am I, and others have not yet had their travel obstacles resolved.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The government of the United Kingdom announced today that travellers to England who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 in the European Union or United States will be exempt from mandatory quarantine upon arrival — but fully vaccinated travellers from Canada will still have to undergo quarantine.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...tine-1.6120715

So even though we have more people fully vaccinated % wise than the UK or the USA we are somehow a problem

Ah well no plans or desire to travel to the UK so **** the UK.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 5:12 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
The government of the United Kingdom announced today that travellers to England who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 in the European Union or United States will be exempt from mandatory quarantine upon arrival — but fully vaccinated travellers from Canada will still have to undergo quarantine.

So even though we have more people fully vaccinated % wise than the UK or the USA we are somehow a problem

Yeah, well... You north americans...

Old Jul 28th 2021, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Yeah, well... You north americans...

Perhaps they haven't apologised enough?
Old Jul 28th 2021, 5:23 pm
Frequently deleted!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see that "global Britain" knows which side it's bread is buttered.

Don't forget that only today Boris claimed that the UK has the highest proportion of full vaccinations.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Since Trudeau was elected I think he has apologized to everybody and every country even if no apology was required

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.