Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

CORONAVIRUS PART II

CORONAVIRUS PART II

Old Apr 8th 2021, 12:17 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CORONAVIRUS PART II

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
If you're on BE to pull, you're going about it entirely the wrong way you know.
You want to go from my unofficial internet Mum to my internet MILF?

Interesting request LiW, interesting.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:06 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
You want to go from my unofficial internet Mum to my internet MILF?

Interesting request LiW, interesting.

Just supplying useful feedback on your methodology.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 3:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Australia's PM said today that Pfizer is 'the preferred' vaccine for under 50s, and that the AZ vaccine should only be given to that cohort if their doctor determines the benefits outweigh the risks. Classic CYA statement.

Also a bit problematic, as we have a tiny amount of the Pfizer vaccine and nothing else in the works except a local facility that's churning out the AZ vaccine.

We're doomed I tell ya, doooomed.

Oh, and apparently those who've already had their first AZ shot are perfectly safe to have their second one. Because - because I don't know why, just because.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 3:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Oh, and apparently those who've already had their first AZ shot are perfectly safe to have their second one. Because - because I don't know why, just because.
Perhaps the thinking is along the lines of the first wasn't fatal so a second wouldn't be either.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Had my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine 1.5 hours ago.
OH and self just had ours.

On the hall mat when we returned was a letter----- 'Prosecution for Speeding' ---me---when we went for the first jab!
Old Apr 9th 2021, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Because all the instances of the rare blood clots have happened after the first jab, and none after the second. So if you were fine the first time round, you'll be fine the second time too.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
Because all the instances of the rare blood clots have happened after the first jab, and none after the second. So if you were fine the first time round, you'll be fine the second time too.
Just question if those who got the clots died after the first and those who lived probably not getting a 2nd dose, in theory couldn't someone still react potentially to the 2nd even if they didn't to the first?

Old Apr 9th 2021, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Just question if those who got the clots died after the first and those who lived probably not getting a 2nd dose, in theory couldn't someone still react potentially to the 2nd even if they didn't to the first?
I'm not a medic, so I don't know. All I do know is that no clot cases are currently associated with the second dose, and medics are saying basically if your body accepted the first one, then there is no reason why the second jab would produce the same reaction based on the proposed mechanism of action for the clots to happen.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

This article mentions capillary leak syndrome with some who have received Astra Zeneca being looked into, along with blood clot issues in a small number of people in the US who have received the J&J vaccine.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...lots-1.5381012

Old Apr 11th 2021, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Monday I will be getting my Canadian jab..It will be either Pfizer or Moderna. AstraZeneca is not being given to anyone over 65 at this point, which is fine because I don't want it. Being aware that both Pfizer and Moderna have had a few cases of anaphylactic shock, and me having had a serious case in May of last year, I got an EpiPen to take with me in case they do not have one available for immediate use. They likely do have them available, but I am taking no chances. That bout last May was the closest to death that I care to come and I was, to the shock of the 5 nurses working on me, conscious the entire time, with a blood pressure in the low 50's over the low 30's, and realizing all the while that things could go badly. . Not looking for a repeat.

Last edited by dakota44; Apr 11th 2021 at 12:45 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 12:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Monday I will be getting my Canadian jab..It will be either Pfizer or Moderna. AstraZeneca is not being given to anyone over 65 at this point, which is fine because I don't want it.
I believe AZ is given to over 55s in Canada.
My 82 year old MIL got it less than 2 weeks ago.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 12:48 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
She is clearly not in BC. The Provinces make those final determinations, not the Federal government.
They suspended using it in BC for anyone under 55 and limited to max age 65. The 65 age situation appears about to change next week. Fortunately I will already be vaccinated before that becomes effective.

"TORONTO -- The National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) is expected to change its stance on the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to now recommend its use for Canadians over the age of 65, a senior government source tells CTV News.

The source added that there will be a news conference Tuesday morning to confirm the details of the change."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...urce-1.5348250
The linked article is from March 15. Different provinces have been doing over 55s for a few weeks now. I think on of them announced over 60s.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 12:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
The linked article is from March 15. Different provinces have been doing over 55s for a few weeks now. I think on of them announced over 60s.
Toronto has opened up ‘high risk’ areas to over 18 year olds. Several mobile clinics have been operating in these areas this week and many more are planned. We are in a high risk post code, hopefully my daughter will be able to be vaccinated before long.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I should not post at 5am on no sleep. lmao. Yes, damn, it is April. Well, guess I will find out Monday.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 1:24 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Update on my immediate family:
1. Both my 79 year old father and my 77 year old mother were vaccinated months ago in Florida with Moderna. They were fortunate to get a very early appointment as they are both in high risk groups. Mother was sick for two days after shot two, father had no side effects at all.
2. 45 year old sister and 47 year old brother in law vaccinated with Pfizer in March in Tennessee. Sister is high school teacher, brother in law is in a high risk group as he has beaten serious cancer twice. Sister was very sick for two days after shot two. Brother in law no issues. Their two children are both under 16.
3. Me (47) vaccinated with one shot J&J two weeks ago here in Illinois, I had to drive to a rural county to get it. Illinois "officially" opens to everyone tomorrow, the 12th. No side effects at all for me. Wife (49) has appointment on Tuesday (day after tomorrow) for the first shot of some sort of two shot course. Daughter 1 (19) in university (not in Illinois) has appointment next week for first shot at her school. Daughter 2 (17) has to wait until tomorrow the 12th to get an appointment.
4. Brother (43) in Massachusetts and his wife have not been vaccinated. They both work from home and neither is in a high risk group. Massachusetts opens up to everyone on the 19th.

Last edited by Hiro11; Apr 11th 2021 at 1:30 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.