Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

CORONAVIRUS PART II

CORONAVIRUS PART II

Old May 30th 2020, 4:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CORONAVIRUS PART II

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Stage 3 of easing restrictions happening here soon, one more stage to go. It's great but it's also a bit scary as it depends on people being sensible. And while most are there are always those others.

Is it still ok if your face treatment isn't green? Until I saw the larger version I thought it was saying something about sikhs who feel poorly.
Old May 30th 2020, 4:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
My friend in London was put in a chair for the first time yesteday.
Having seen others on TV struggling to get back to "normality" after weeks of being horizontal, intubated, comatose and heavily sedated I was a bit concerned.

"Tough guy" sat in the chair for 4 hours on his first stretch and was making some contact with the medics.
But the best was when the doctor said to him "Parlo italiano, ma non portoghese ..." and tough guy replied (in Italian) "I can speak italian too, but my family don't!!" (He spent a few years working in Libya after leaving Angola)

He's on the way back!
Such good news! Your mate sounds like a real character.
Old May 30th 2020, 4:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Is it still ok if your face treatment isn't green? Until I saw the larger version I thought it was saying something about sikhs who feel poorly.
Your version is far more entertaining that the official one.
Old May 30th 2020, 4:23 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Sikh hypnotists, presumably......
Old May 30th 2020, 5:21 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Sikh hypnotists, presumably......
"Don't get hypnotized by sikhs who don't feel well."

Yes, that seems pretty straightforward.

Now, if you're playing rugby do you still have to stick to the 2 square metres rule? They're going to need very long arms.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; May 30th 2020 at 5:23 pm.
Old May 30th 2020, 5:29 pm
Concierge

"Don't get hypnotized by sikhs who don't feel well."

Yes, that seems pretty straightforward.

Now, if you're playing rugby do you still have to stick to the 2 square metres rule? They're going to need very long arms.
I think you should come over and have an interview with our Premier and health department, I'd pay to see that

Not much rugby played in WA, that's more popular in the eastern states. AFL rules here. I think the idea is that groups of people in a social setting follow the 2 square metres rule, contact sports are permitted so I guess they're exempt. No idea why that is, I've given up trying to decipher the various rules of various governments.
Old May 30th 2020, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I think you should come over and have an interview with our Premier and health department, I'd pay to see that

Not much rugby played in WA, that's more popular in the eastern states. AFL rules here. I think the idea is that groups of people in a social setting follow the 2 square metres rule, contact sports are permitted so I guess they're exempt. No idea why that is, I've given up trying to decipher the various rules of various governments.
Ooh, can I be one of those "experts"? I've always wanted to do that.

And as far as I can tell, Australian rules football has no rules at all. I think you get sent off if your're knocked unconscious, but that's about it.
Old May 30th 2020, 8:45 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

And as far as I can tell, Australian rules football has no rules at all. I think you get sent off if your're knocked unconscious, but that's about it.
Try this......International Rules - every 2 years, after the national Championships, Ireland (GAA) and Australia (AFL) play each other under a set of "combined" rules
So fast and so hard.... a great spectacle!
Old May 30th 2020, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Try this......International Rules - every 2 years, after the national Championships, Ireland (GAA) and Australia (AFL) play each other under a set of "combined" rules https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ChX9UpIbCY So fast and so hard.... a great spectacle!
Looks good! Whenever I stumble across 'Australian Rules' Football on TV I'm fascinated by it. Makes 'English Football' (soccer) look utterly boring by comparison. My favorite discovery of the last 5 years, though, is 'rugby sevens' - fast, furious, non-stop, fun. I wish I could find more of it.
Old May 30th 2020, 10:05 pm
Concierge

No you can't be one of those experts, they're boring and they usually know sweet FA. I want you to be a reporter and grill them, they'd be cactus

AFL definitely has rules, but you're right, there's no sending off rule. Probably because Aussies are so well behaved
Old May 30th 2020, 10:21 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Durdle Door in Dorset was packed today, in fact the police closed all acceess, BUT three idiots decided it would be a good idea to jump into the sea from the cliffs. Next thing there are TWO air Ambulance helicopters wanting to land, so the police had to force all the people there into a very tiny area, so that was excellent social distancing. That will have created a nice simple spreading are for the virus.
Old May 30th 2020, 10:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
My favorite discovery of the last 5 years, though, is 'rugby sevens' - fast, furious, non-stop, fun. I wish I could find more of it.
NBC Sports Group to broadcast HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series 2020-23 in USA
Old May 30th 2020, 11:05 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
Looks good! Whenever I stumble across 'Australian Rules' Football on TV I'm fascinated by it. Makes 'English Football' (soccer) look utterly boring by comparison. My favorite discovery of the last 5 years, though, is 'rugby sevens' - fast, furious, non-stop, fun. I wish I could find more of it.
Sevens are good.... all the speed, not so much finesse. GAA and AFL football is fast, but check out Hurling for manic skills.
Old May 30th 2020, 11:07 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Durdle Door in Dorset was packed today, in fact the police closed all acceess, BUT three idiots decided it would be a good idea to jump into the sea from the cliffs. Next thing there are TWO air Ambulance helicopters wanting to land, so the police had to force all the people there into a very tiny area, so that was excellent social distancing. That will have created a nice simple spreading are for the virus.
Time for all sensible people to ramp up their personal social distancing and isolation, I should think. Unless they have to work not-from-home, of course.
Old May 30th 2020, 11:22 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Time for all sensible people to ramp up their personal social distancing and isolation, I should think. Unless they have to work not-from-home, of course.
I agree - I'm taking more care now than ever.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.