Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus

Coronavirus

Old Jan 27th 2020, 3:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I hate having a cold because I piss myself off with the noises I'm forced to make
Commiserations from a fellow sufferer. Except I don't mind the noise I make, it's only when other people do it that I get pissed off
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:02 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Commiserations from a fellow sufferer. Except I don't mind the noise I make, it's only when other people do it that I get pissed off
It's more being responsible for it that bothers me, as much as I hate mouth and nose sounds and the like (and I do hate them a lot), my own are easier to ignore. I just feel like a hypocrite when I force other people to hear me make them.

Coughing too, that's like someone sticking a spike in my ear every time I hear it.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's more being responsible for it that bothers me, as much as I hate mouth and nose sounds and the like (and I do hate them a lot), my own are easier to ignore. I just feel like a hypocrite when I force other people to hear me make them.

Coughing too, that's like someone sticking a spike in my ear every time I hear it.
As long as you don't hawk and spit on the footpath (sidewalk, pavement!) then you're ok by me. I feel as though I'm going to throw up every time I hear and see that. Go and plant your gobbies somewhere else you filthy cretins
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:08 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you don't hawk and spit on the footpath (sidewalk, pavement!) then you're ok by me. I feel as though I'm going to throw up every time I hear and see that. Go and plant your gobbies somewhere else you filthy cretins
No, never. In my own bathroom, yeah, but if you've followed me in there you'd only have yourself to blame.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:11 pm
Concierge

No, never. In my own bathroom, yeah, but if you've followed me in there you'd only have yourself to blame.
In that case we're both quite safe. Hope you feel better soon and are having a bit of time off work to recover.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:18 pm
Hail Satan!

In that case we're both quite safe.
No worries then

Hope you feel better soon and are having a bit of time off work to recover.
I'm just about over it now, but it wasn't too bad anyway, it never really is. Annoying as all hell, yeah, but I never let a cold get in my way.

I only get 3 sick days though, I can't waste them on a cold!
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa. That's rough, even by US standards.

Pity I can't give you some of mine. I have so many sick days piled up that I wish I could catch something nasty and stay at home for a bit.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:24 pm
Concierge

No worries then

I'm just about over it now, but it wasn't too bad anyway, it never really is. Annoying as all hell, yeah, but I never let a cold get in my way.

3 days sick leave a year? If that isn't criminal it should be

I'd better say something about the coronavirus or I'll get into trouble. Er, you haven't visited your local Chinese restaurant lately, have you?
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:26 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

Pity I can't give you some of mine. I have so many sick days piled up that I wish I could catch something nasty and stay at home for a bit.
Don't say that girl, you're courting danger! Agree about the sick leave though, 3 days is just wrong.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:27 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd better say something about the coronavirus or I'll get into trouble. Er, you haven't visited your local Chinese restaurant lately, have you?
Yeah this isn’t the damn thread to discuss sick days you ocker

It’s Coronavirus ‘n’ camels.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Land of the free, innnit.

Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post

Catchy name.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:38 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

3 sick, 3 personal. 15 vacation but I'm buggered if I'm wasting them on a cold as well.

As stated, 3 sick, 3 personal. I've used 2 of my personal days already and I tend to save my sick days to use if my daughter gets sick, but yeah that's it apart from my vacation days.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Yeah this isn’t the damn thread to discuss sick days you ocker

If Sultan needs to take some sick days because his sniffles turn out to be the coronavirus that he caught from a camel, am I exonerated? Clutching at straws I know. Straws! Camels' backs!!

Old Jan 27th 2020, 4:47 pm
Hail Satan!

If Sultan needs to take some sick days because his sniffles turn out to be the coronavirus that he caught from a camel, am I exonerated? Clutching at straws I know. Straws! Camels' backs!!

Last time I was around a Camel, it came out of a packet of fags 20 years ago. I think I'm OK, especially since my cold started before Christmas.

Sick days (if not used for when my daughter wakes up and decides to puke everywhere) are for, to put it nicely, digestive system issues, and when I plain don't feel like going in on a given day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.