COP26

Old Nov 2nd 2021, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COP26

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Is there another India? One without Billionaires, Nuclear Weapons and a Space Programme?

From a practical perspective all that is needed is for them to tweet their Swiss Bank Account Numbers.
Agree that although some billionaires have given and done a tremendous amount of charitable work over decades---as everywhere there are those that do nothing. However in a population of Billion+, you need more than a few billionaires.
Defence against China is an unfortunate necessity.
The space programme was started by Nehru ---yes it was a waste then, however now it provides employment, future income, scientific research. (Its rockets send up UK satellites.)

Old Nov 2nd 2021, 8:35 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
The space programme was started by Nehru ---yes it was a waste then, however now it provides employment, future income, scientific research. (Its rockets send up UK satellites.)
Could they be converted to send up the current UK government?
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 8:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Could they be converted to send up the current UK government?

I think plenty of standup comics are doing that already, aren't they?

It's a rich seam of material.
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The boot should be on the other foot - we should be lecturing them. The captains of industry and their State puppets, sorry elected leaders, are the ones with the most power and ability to make a big difference quickly.

Sometimes, the world needs an aggravating teenager to tell it like it is.

Can you drink a V8 under those spontaneously combusting palm trees you have there though?
It's embarrassing how easily she rattles them all and the dinosaurs on social media. Her face appears and they can't help but start getting upset and butthurty.

I wouldn't want to comment on the palm trees, but I have been reliably informed that if I fly business class, it reduces my emissions by distributing my cost amongst those in economy. #FlyBetter

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Is there another India? One without Billionaires, Nuclear Weapons and a Space Programme?
Whilst I like to poke Bipat as much as anyone with a brain and eyes to read the crap she spouts, India being a 3rd world developing nation means that they'll suffer more than the developed world when it comes to climate change and won't have been as responsible, despite the population spiraling out of control.
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
It's embarrassing how easily she rattles them all and the dinosaurs on social media. Her face appears and they can't help but start getting upset and butthurty.

I wouldn't want to comment on the palm trees, but I have been reliably informed that if I fly business class, it reduces my emissions by distributing my cost amongst those in economy. #FlyBetter

Whilst I like to poke Bipat as much as anyone with a brain and eyes to read the crap she spouts, India being a 3rd world developing nation means that they'll suffer more than the developed world when it comes to climate change and won't have been as responsible, despite the population spiraling out of control.
What "crap"? Explain!
The population is not "spiralling out of control" unless you count the fact that people are living longer since independence, the average family size now is less than 3 children.
Also they are responsible as much as any others regarding climate control with deforestation, coal and wood burning, stubble burning, cars, lorries++. methane etc. However they are ahead of the Paris Agreement measures.
(Certainly the far zero date given by Modi in Glasgow--was an effort to get money---and I personally think he was wrong to do this.)
Old Nov 9th 2021, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...d-in-sand2.jpg
This the alternative cop26 conference. With
Australia
china
Russia
There isn't no coal down ere

Old Nov 10th 2021, 1:06 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Groundwork now laid for COP27, and 28, 29 etc.
Old Nov 11th 2021, 3:42 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Groundwork now laid for COP27, and 28, 29 etc.
We ordinary people might be all dead by 29...
But the rich will be living in Afghanistan, well away from rising waters and temperatures that a change in climate will have transformed into a lush green paradise.
The poor ordinary afghans of course will have been enslaved to maintain living standards.. for the rich that is, whilst warlords and their private armies will have blended and melded into the new hierarchy of the Pax Wealthia.
Old Nov 13th 2021, 4:47 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 14th 2021, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

What a total blowout! more hot air emptiness ( promises promises) just extravagance. I wonder how much pollution came out of 2 weeks of talking bollocks!
Old Nov 14th 2021, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Bipat: India is the greatest nation on earth with many flushing toilets, the best vaccine factory every and even a space program to go along with the greatest and most supercharged economy on the planet, the UK will need to rely on places like India in a post-brexit world.
India: Please sir, too much poor. Do the needful.

I can absolutely guarantee you that nothing will change, in regards to India's coal usage, by 2030.
Old Nov 14th 2021, 6:39 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
What a total blowout! more hot air emptiness ( promises promises) just extravagance. I wonder how much pollution came out of 2 weeks of talking bollocks!

I know Eck. I know.
Old Nov 14th 2021, 6:42 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Climate change, or rather how to mitigate it's effects, is the most extreme example of a problem that must be approached from a position of "history starts here".

But it's not straightforward though is it?

When I went to school I was shown how the UK had vast reserves of coal and I remember drawing big black blotches on UK maps showing where these reserves were, but of course this is now a bad thing and we're telling those emerging nations that the benefit we enjoyed must be stopped in favour of.... well in favour of going back to the dark ages because that cash we promised you to replace all those coal fired stations, well it's going to be late if at all, so it's your fault.

Are we really serious about this after the depressing can kicking we've just seen?