Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Consider myself open-minded....but

Consider myself open-minded....but

Old Jul 20th 2020, 4:17 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consider myself open-minded....but

Rugby - one of the more inclusive sports - is about to ban trans women from competing in women's rugby on grounds of safety.

https://rugbyonslaught.com/trans-wom...4xRsWT3GNH7HKY

Trans women are set to be banned from playing women’s rugby after reports suggest that World Rugby found significant concerns for women’s safety following research.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Rugby - one of the more inclusive sports - is about to ban trans women from competing in women's rugby on grounds of safety.

https://rugbyonslaught.com/trans-wom...4xRsWT3GNH7HKY
The case they highlight is about someone playing on a women's team who had female genitalia at birth and is currently transitioning to a human form pumped full of testosterone (sorry, no offence intended but I can't think of any better way to describe how this person started out, nor how they'll end up, without getting into a PC minefield). This strikes me as perfectly reasonable action on the governing body's part as one would expect the individual in question to be playing with the men's teams in a short time and the extra testosterone involved is likely to give an advantage over women who wish to remain as women but are forbidden from pumping themselves full of testosterone purely for sporting advantage.

As an aside, having seen/met the women who played rugby in my old blue collar fishing town's team, I'd still prefer my chances as the number 8 on the men's team. Playing mixed team field hockey in school was one of the most violent sports I have ever participated in, the women were bloody vicious.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:27 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Playing mixed team field hockey in school was one of the most violent sports I have ever participated in, the women were bloody vicious.
I found that too but in mixed Netball. Bloody ruffians they were.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:47 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
The case they highlight is about someone playing on a women's team who had female genitalia at birth and is currently transitioning to a human form pumped full of testosterone (sorry, no offence intended but I can't think of any better way to describe how this person started out, nor how they'll end up, without getting into a PC minefield). This strikes me as perfectly reasonable action on the governing body's part as one would expect the individual in question to be playing with the men's teams in a short time and the extra testosterone involved is likely to give an advantage over women who wish to remain as women but are forbidden from pumping themselves full of testosterone purely for sporting advantage.

As an aside, having seen/met the women who played rugby in my old blue collar fishing town's team, I'd still prefer my chances as the number 8 on the men's team. Playing mixed team field hockey in school was one of the most violent sports I have ever participated in, the women were bloody vicious.
I actually had to play field hockey at school We didn't need no bleedin' testosterone.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I actually had to play field hockey at school We didn't need no bleedin' testosterone.
Hockey was the only sport I was any good at in my teens. I was left fullback in the Young Australia League team when I was 14 and some of the teams we played against were Uni teams. Regularly came home from matches with bruises and lumps the size of eggs, it seemed like everyone was out to nobble the full backs
Old Jul 21st 2020, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Too bloody right you didn't if you were anything like our region's girls, full body armour should have been mandatory for the blokes on the mixed squads ( I was the softie #8 on the rugby squad and never came off the field as battered as when we played hockey)...