Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Consider myself open-minded....but

Consider myself open-minded....but

Old Dec 31st 2019, 12:08 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consider myself open-minded....but

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
Seriously?? The UK is one of the most multicultural and accepting country in the world.... yes there are still incidents but over all people mix very well.
... May I ask in what part and when you were last there???.... Things have changed, largely due imo to such creatures as the EDL, the so called brexit party and Yaxley Lennon.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 12:35 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
You (or the story you're sharing) appear to.be suggesting this is a Trans issue that needs fixing. To me it appears a person decided to try and terrify/abuse other people because of their own issues and their identity is irrelevant. If some women think they are more likely to be in danger because of this issue then imo they are very naive and have possibly been taken in by some of the more conservative media.
You have hit a nail right on the head without meaning to.

It is not a trans issue - or more specifically it is not an issue with trans people.

It is an issue that is being facilitated by the very welcome emancipation of trans people and trans issues - collateral damage if you like.

Anyone can now claim any gender they like whether they are trans or not. This has consequences and it's pointless pretending it doesn't.

In reality it might not become a huge problem but it could potentially.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... May I ask in what part and when you were last there???.... Things have changed, largely due imo to such creatures as the EDL, the so called brexit party and Yaxley Lennon.
When were you last there??? The 'creatures' you mention are a small minority.
Things have certainly changed since the 1960s -----people have far more knowledge of each other's origins. 'Mixed race' (and pride in it) is the fastest growing minority' group.
'Leave' was voted for in the same proportions by the largest UK overseas minority group.

Old Dec 31st 2019, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
You have hit a nail right on the head without meaning to.

It is not a trans issue - or more specifically it is not an issue with trans people.

It is an issue that is being facilitated by the very welcome emancipation of trans people and trans issues - collateral damage if you like.

Anyone can now claim any gender they like whether they are trans or not. This has consequences and it's pointless pretending it doesn't.

In reality it might not become a huge problem but it could potentially.
Yes it is just one more way of committing violence and assault by those who would do it anyway. So overall problem not increased.
Genuine trans people just live ordinary lives like anyone else.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 2:26 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Yes it is just one more way of committing violence and assault by those who would do it anyway. So overall problem not increased.
Genuine trans people just live ordinary lives like anyone else.
Not only violence and assault - dignity and privacy are issues - as is gender segregation in sport.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008 View Post
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...inary-21179430

I consider myself to be an open minded, modern thinking man in his 50's. No hang-ups, non-judgemental and this is NOT a dig at how anyone lives their life but I am now genuinely struggling to keep up with binary, non-binary, gender-queer, CIS, Non-CIS, LGBTQIA+...etc...etc....How did society get to this stage and just as importantly why do people think this is necessary to identify as non-binary etc? Are we genuinely evolving or is this attention seeking?
depends. some labels are legitimate, others aren't.

gender has known to be subjective for decades.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 3:52 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

How many of these similar threads are there going to be?
common thread in threads, seems to be horror at what others do with their lives, accelerated by the thought of how it might potentially inconvenience the poster, if by happenstance, a story read in a paper, or a blog, got close to the poster, what if they moved in next door, what if they have to work with somone, a whole bunch of what ifs.....that might lead to fiive seconds embarrassment for the poster, because they might stutter while trying to say good morning.
Don't remember one story of an actual experience yet. (Simone was asked to use appropriate pronouns online, it was apparently a bit difficult for them).
Old Dec 31st 2019, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

doesn't matter. most doctors reckon being gay is a sickness. they think being conservative in the 19th century defines a "normal" person.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 5:01 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namsbabe View Post
doesn't matter. most doctors reckon being gay is a sickness. they think being conservative in the 19th century defines a "normal" person.
You know you are going to be asked for a citation for that, so why didn't you just include it in the post?
Old Dec 31st 2019, 5:21 pm
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
How many of these similar threads are there going to be?
common thread in threads, seems to be horror at what others do with their lives, accelerated by the thought of how it might potentially inconvenience the poster, if by happenstance, a story read in a paper, or a blog, got close to the poster, what if they moved in next door, what if they have to work with somone, a whole bunch of what ifs.....that might lead to fiive seconds embarrassment for the poster, because they might stutter while trying to say good morning.
Don't remember one story of an actual experience yet. (Simone was asked to use appropriate pronouns online, it was apparently a bit difficult for them).
I haven't read any of that in this thread.

The main feeling among posters seems to be that the emancipation if trans people is very positive however it may cause collateral problems. Some think those problems are trivial and don't need attention, others think the problems might be more serious and need addressing.

No horror, no embarrassment, no stuttering.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 5:30 pm
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
I haven't read any of that in this thread.

The main feeling among posters seems to be that the emancipation if trans people is very positive however it may cause collateral problems. Some think those problems are trivial and don't need attention, others think the problems might be more serious and need addressing.

No horror, no embarrassment, no stuttering.
I have to hold my hands up that I did only read a few posts, it seemed like more of the same, which I can do without.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I have to hold my hands up that I did only read a few posts, it seemed like more of the same, which I can do without.
You can do without? How do you think I feel with all the same old, same old political threads?
Old Dec 31st 2019, 6:46 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namsbabe View Post
That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Consider myself open-minded....but

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.
There are many stupid comments on BE.
Old Jan 5th 2020, 8:33 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
There are many stupid comments on BE.
Yes but even most stupid people know what century it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.