Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Climate change.

Climate change.

Old Mar 8th 2020, 5:04 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Climate change.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
You'll be fine. Come on here if you need any advice from us grannies, we'll either help you or laugh at you
Thanks, hopefully won't need any help or advice soon. We get married in the summer and then will enjoy that until we can work out if / when we want to be parents.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
You're strategy has a huge flaw in it. Your wife is likely to expect you to take care of this sort of thing as a sign of loving and responsible fath

In fact, she's likely to want you to want to do it, whether she says so or not.
I can dig that. I could cope, just. I know these things are different when the poop has come from a body made of your seed and blood and love. I imagine it tastes better too.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
If your not being sarcastic/joking we have different definitions of cheap...ha ha
Definitely meant in the non-dickhead way. I meant cheap compared to in a country or region where modern slavery isn't accepted and there's no minimum wages and loose laws around the treatment of humans. I mean, if we were to have someone employed (I think unlikely in all honesty, but never say never), I think they can have a visa with 'Servant' as the job title. Some are treated that badly, most just become part of the family.

So yes, cheap compared to that sort of support elsewhere, no, definitely not cheap when you think of the actual amount of money.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 11:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Thanks, hopefully won't need any help or advice soon. We get married in the summer and then will enjoy that until we can work out if / when we want to be parents.

I can dig that. I could cope, just. I know these things are different when the poop has come from a body made of your seed and blood and love. I imagine it tastes better too.

Definitely meant in the non-dickhead way. I meant cheap compared to in a country or region where modern slavery isn't accepted and there's no minimum wages and loose laws around the treatment of humans. I mean, if we were to have someone employed (I think unlikely in all honesty, but never say never), I think they can have a visa with 'Servant' as the job title. Some are treated that badly, most just become part of the family.

So yes, cheap compared to that sort of support elsewhere, no, definitely not cheap when you think of the actual amount of money.
I'd be sorting out the if before the wedding, not after. The when is another matter.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 5:43 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I'd be sorting out the if before the wedding, not after. The when is another matter.
Think of that 'if' as everything - do we want to? do we want to at the same time? do we just let it happen? Then perhaps most importantly, can we?
Old Mar 15th 2020, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

In a way this might be an indicator to what may happen in panic if climate change creates major issues down the road, wonder how much TP people will stock up then?
Old Sep 12th 2020, 3:02 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

So, now that a wealthy, powerful country is burning is there any possibility at all of us ceasing to destroy our planet?

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...box=1599819437

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54128872

Old Sep 12th 2020, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

We had a foot of snow, early for us, mostly gone now, ground too warm. Down to 18F, 62F today as a high.

Wondering how this will impact leaf season, I was expecting next weekend to be the start.
Old Sep 12th 2020, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Doubt much will change. Majority of people are not willing to give up their quality of life now for future generations. But seems to be the trend.

Nobody likely cared about us in 2020 back in 1920 and those in 1820 didnt likely care about those in 1920.

I gave up hope years ago.

Ive done my part by not having kids, not consuming much, have a low carbon footprint well below average

Old Sep 12th 2020, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
So, now that a wealthy, powerful country is burning is there any possibility at all of us ceasing to destroy our planet?

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...box=1599819437

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54128872
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that ANTIFA and BLM are setting the fires. After all, they do have an obsession in that regard.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:18 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Seems good to post this here to:
Earlier this year Republicans walked out of the Oregon legislation body, they hid from law enforcement. They didn't want to allow a vote on climate change. Including legislation to counter forest fires.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/for...h7MQR6xZZZIdJo
Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:19 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that ANTIFA and BLM are setting the fires. After all, they do have an obsession in that regard.

Paulry, the police want you to stop with your fake news,
"Oregon Police Beg Public to Stop Calling In False Reports Blaming Antifa for Wildfires"
https://theintercept.com/2020/09/10/...ifa-wildfires/
Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Paulry, the police want you to stop with your fake news,
"Oregon Police Beg Public to Stop Calling In False Reports Blaming Antifa for Wildfires"
https://theintercept.com/2020/09/10/...ifa-wildfires/
No doubt that leftist fake news outfit don't want people even thinking that it could be the fire-obsessed ANTIFA and BLM behind it.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-intercept/

Last edited by paulry; Sep 13th 2020 at 12:39 am.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:55 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt that leftist fake news outfit
Are you including NBC, ABC, Canada Global News, Reuters among many many others all confirming the same facts as well as the FBI as being leftist fake news spreaders?
Old Sep 13th 2020, 1:17 am
Fair and balanced

No doubt that leftist fake news outfit don't want people even thinking that it could be the fire-obsessed ANTIFA and BLM behind it.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-intercept/
The article had a direct link to the Douglas County Sheriffs Office, I know you dont know this because you dont read. I couldn't find a video of it. The police don't like you Paulry. They are very angry with you.

For those that do read:
Remember when we said to follow official sources only. Remember when we said rumors make this already difficult incident even harder? Rumors spread just like wildfire and now our 9-1-1 dispatchers and professional staff are being overrun with requests for information and inquiries on an UNTRUE rumor that 6 Antifa members have been arrested for setting fires in DOUGLAS COUNTY, OREGON.

THIS IS NOT TRUE! Unfortunately, people are spreading this rumor and it is causing problems.

Do your part, STOP. SPREADING. RUMORS! Follow official sources of information such as local emergency response websites and pages, government websites and pages and local reputable news outlets.

Please, share far and wide!
Old Sep 13th 2020, 2:07 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You are a half-wit.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
The article had a direct link to the Douglas County Sheriffs Office, I know you dont know this because you dont read. I couldn't find a video of it. The police don't like you Paulry. They are very angry with you.
https://www.facebook.com/DouglasCoSO...94100377341103

For those that do read:
Hold it right there! ....Whoa! Read what I actually wrote in post #68 and #71 and take the time to comprehend what you're reading.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.