Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The Civic Nationalists fight back!

The Civic Nationalists fight back!

Old Jul 19th 2020, 9:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Civic Nationalists fight back!

I think there needs to be some examination into the morality and dangers of the online behaviour
Sounds like an idea. Maybe start with those who post videos falsely claiming to be something to do with BBC and those who post videos from people whose behaviours have led to being detained under terrorism acts and orders banning entry to a series of countries and posting videos from people banned from Twitter.

In some cases it's the same people promoting all three offenders. How 'moral' is that?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I agree, and the full force of the law needs to be applied. I've not been following the case, but it looks like some people are saying that because she has suffered at the hands of social media (and I take it in her case they mean hateful cancel culture) then that is punishment enough. And therein lies the problem: It is the rule of law that must prevail. She's broken the law and she must repay her debt to society according to the law - and not by online kangaroo court and lynch mob.

This case aside, I think there needs to be some examination into the morality and dangers of the online behaviour, and whether and how closely it should be equated with physical kangaroo court and/or lynch mobs - and whether we want to equally prevent them all from occurring.
As I was saying, I hadn't been following the case and hadn't realised Christian Cooper was the original victim in this. It's very noble and decent of him to forgive her and to identify that she's suffered enough. That being the case, if the victim of their own free will does not wish to press charges then those on social media who are baying for her blood need to leave her alone and move on ...there's nothing more to see.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

As I was saying, I hadn't been following the case and hadn't realised Christian Cooper was the original victim in this. It's very noble and decent of him to forgive her and to identify that she's suffered enough. That being the case, if the victim of their own free will does not wish to press charges then those on social media who are baying for her blood need to leave her alone and move on ...there's nothing more to see.

And this is to do with the British ex-pats forum ? Why ?
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
And this is to do with the British ex-pats forum ? Why ?
About as relevant to British expats as anything else we see in TIO. Why do you ask?
Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:48 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

It's not social media that is pressing the charges. It's the Manhattan District Attorney for the following reasons . . .

"At this time I would like to encourage anyone who has been the target of false reporting to contact our Office. We are strongly committed to holding perpetrators of this conduct accountable," DA Cyrus Vance said in a statement.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/us/am...ges/index.html