Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

british hoodie and yob culture!!!

british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:52 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
lucas is a jewel in the roughlucas is a jewel in the roughlucas is a jewel in the roughlucas is a jewel in the rough
Angry british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Hello every one , i feel that i need to put a post about this ever growing yob culture in britain , every time i put the tv on lately it is either , lawless britain , or hoodie hell , or binge nation , teenagers out of control ,and many other programs of that ilk ,!! . we are visiting canada for a holiday shortly and also to recce , we are going from vancouver to toronto ,( cant wait) , we are a family of 4 and our children are 7 and 3 . is there anyone else who feels that england is not safe anymore for your children ,please post your replys , i would love to read them , this is not our main reason for looking at canada ,but it is fast becoming one of them ,i know there are other honest ,law abiding nice people out there ,who must feel the same ,im trying to not sound as if im whining on ,but england is getting out of control fast , i know theres trouble everywhere in the world , but nearly all the people we know talk about this topic every day !!!!!! ,somethings wrong i know , bring on canada , thanks for reading anyway , now it does sound like a whinge ,regards guy
lucas is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:01 am
  #2  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Hello every one , i feel that i need to put a post about this ever growing yob culture in britain , every time i put the tv on lately it is either , lawless britain , or hoodie hell , or binge nation , teenagers out of control ,and many other programs of that ilk ,!! . we are visiting canada for a holiday shortly and also to recce , we are going from vancouver to toronto ,( cant wait) , we are a family of 4 and our children are 7 and 3 . is there anyone else who feels that england is not safe anymore for your children ,please post your replys , i would love to read them , this is not our main reason for looking at canada ,but it is fast becoming one of them ,i know there are other honest ,law abiding nice people out there ,who must feel the same ,im trying to not sound as if im whining on ,but england is getting out of control fast , i know theres trouble everywhere in the world , but nearly all the people we know talk about this topic every day !!!!!! ,somethings wrong i know , bring on canada , thanks for reading anyway , now it does sound like a whinge ,regards guy
Why don`t you read the thread "Crime Rates" on page 13 Where nearly everybody seemed to think that Canada was just as bad the UK zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Hard to believe I know, but that is what they think.
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:42 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Arrona's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Back in Scotland
Posts: 391
Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Hello every one , i feel that i need to put a post about this ever growing yob culture in britain , every time i put the tv on lately it is either , lawless britain , or hoodie hell , or binge nation , teenagers out of control ,and many other programs of that ilk ,!! . we are visiting canada for a holiday shortly and also to recce , we are going from vancouver to toronto ,( cant wait) , we are a family of 4 and our children are 7 and 3 . is there anyone else who feels that england is not safe anymore for your children ,please post your replys , i would love to read them , this is not our main reason for looking at canada ,but it is fast becoming one of them ,i know there are other honest ,law abiding nice people out there ,who must feel the same ,im trying to not sound as if im whining on ,but england is getting out of control fast , i know theres trouble everywhere in the world , but nearly all the people we know talk about this topic every day !!!!!! ,somethings wrong i know , bring on canada , thanks for reading anyway , now it does sound like a whinge ,regards guy
Its not just England. scotland is not the same place i grew up in. there is such a different attitude in young people now than before. every week there is someone being stabbed or beaten up etc. it is def not a safe place anymore. All the young people i have came accross here have been so polite.
Arrona is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:46 am
  #4  
I'm here somewhere
 
DSLJFreeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Boston, Lincs
Posts: 55
DSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant future
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Hello every one , i feel that i need to put a post about this ever growing yob culture in britain , every time i put the tv on lately it is either , lawless britain , or hoodie hell , or binge nation , teenagers out of control ,and many other programs of that ilk ,!! . we are visiting canada for a holiday shortly and also to recce , we are going from vancouver to toronto ,( cant wait) , we are a family of 4 and our children are 7 and 3 . is there anyone else who feels that england is not safe anymore for your children ,please post your replys , i would love to read them , this is not our main reason for looking at canada ,but it is fast becoming one of them ,i know there are other honest ,law abiding nice people out there ,who must feel the same ,im trying to not sound as if im whining on ,but england is getting out of control fast , i know theres trouble everywhere in the world , but nearly all the people we know talk about this topic every day !!!!!! ,somethings wrong i know , bring on canada , thanks for reading anyway , now it does sound like a whinge ,regards guy
We have a 5 year old and an 8 month old, we are moving to Canada as I fear my children growing up in the UK, I love the UK I was born and raised here but there are parts that scare me, I'm uncertain of their future if we stay here. This move is part of an adventure for us, if may work out it may not but thats better than doing nothing at all. My hubby and I have wanted to move to Canada even before we had children together but as he has 2 other children (my bonus children as I call them) we decided to wait until they were much older and able to understand why we were moving away.

There are good and bad parts of the UK as I can imagine there are good and bad parts of canada, but Canada is our future and hell would have to freeze over before I would be made to stay in the UK

Laura x
DSLJFreeman is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:02 pm
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Stu-pot's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: back in UK
Posts: 1,265
Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

We have visited Canada 3 times since 2004 and have found a big difference between the teenagers there and teenagers here. The kids in Canada seemed to have more manners and respect (Granted there is some trouble in Canada, but this is our experience on the whole). We live in an allegedly sort after area, but this week i have had to pay out to get my car resprayed after someone scratched it. My wife got verbal abuse from an irate old lady because she parked her car 3 ft from her driveway when taking our kids to school.

Stuart
Stu-pot is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:20 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 316
sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Where i live at the moment is about 12 mins from the city centre.
Friday and Saturday nights can be hell sometimes with people p*s* drunk screaming at each other, other times its quiet and i actually get a good nights sleep.
I have always thought that i live in a bad area but over the last few years things have quietened down, that is maybe because the little angels (not) have grown up or just moved away.
I have lived in this house 9 years and in that time, someone has set fire to my bin outside my house which hit the gas mains so my house and next doors went up in little flames. I have seen only a few weeks ago some man lying on the floor with someone sitting on his chest whilst some bloke is using the mans head as a football, to name but a few incidents.
Now speaking to my husband who is in Ottawa, he told me that the other week he was on the bus (rush hour) and a large group of kids were at the back talking very loudly about how they got wasted at the weekend doing endless drugs, every other word was F or B, one saying his mum was a bitch and i asked him, did anyone tell them to keep it down (i would of said something, i dont care if there is 1 or 10 of them, show some respect) anyway noone said anything and maybe thats the problem. Hubby also says that with the young ones he has encountered on several occassions in retail stores, they dont seem to care, he believes customer service has gone to hell since he was last there 6 years ago.
So maybe things are not that bad in Canada in respect to the violence we see here, but kids they rebel, they take the mick, and possibly they are losing that very important word i have tried endlessly to enstill into my kids RESPECT.
But im sure other will have an opinion.
sas-lou is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:29 pm
  #7  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 48
CazW54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Nice kids aren't news, so you won't hear the opposite side of the argument. What's wrong with a hoodie? It's only a form of clothing which happens to be in style at present.
CazW54 is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:32 pm
  #8  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Originally Posted by sas-lou View Post
Where i live at the moment is about 12 mins from the city centre.
Friday and Saturday nights can be hell sometimes with people p*s* drunk screaming at each other, other times its quiet and i actually get a good nights sleep.
I have always thought that i live in a bad area but over the last few years things have quietened down, that is maybe because the little angels (not) have grown up or just moved away.
I have lived in this house 9 years and in that time, someone has set fire to my bin outside my house which hit the gas mains so my house and next doors went up in little flames. I have seen only a few weeks ago some man lying on the floor with someone sitting on his chest whilst some bloke is using the mans head as a football, to name but a few incidents.
Now speaking to my husband who is in Ottawa, he told me that the other week he was on the bus (rush hour) and a large group of kids were at the back talking very loudly about how they got wasted at the weekend doing endless drugs, every other word was F or B, one saying his mum was a bitch and i asked him, did anyone tell them to keep it down (i would of said something, i dont care if there is 1 or 10 of them, show some respect) anyway noone said anything and maybe thats the problem. Hubby also says that with the young ones he has encountered on several occassions in retail stores, they dont seem to care, he believes customer service has gone to hell since he was last there 6 years ago.
So maybe things are not that bad in Canada in respect to the violence we see here, but kids they rebel, they take the mick, and possibly they are losing that very important word i have tried endlessly to enstill into my kids RESPECT.
But im sure other will have an opinion.
Seems like the British problem of violent and aggressive youths has been exported to Canada now, or maybe its just a global issue.
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:39 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 604
babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

I was at the Dufferin Mall in Toronto on Sunday and in the middle of the week there was gunshots fired. And this is far from a bad area.

Around a month ago my husband was at the park with my 2 year old, it was only 7 in the evening and there were some teenagers sitting at the top of the slide obstructing him and then started to throw a tire around not caring if it hit my little boy.

So it can surprisingly happen in Canada.
babsi is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:39 pm
  #10  
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3,667
Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

I dont want my kids growing up in the uk - thats why we are moving. I'm 28 and even I can see a huge difference in people attitudes, not just the kids either.

I dont want my mum growing old in the uk - and she terrifed of the thought, so she will be moving as soon as we are allowed to sponsor her and look after her.

I dont know if it IS that things have changed or if it just a case of me getting older and wiser and noticing a lot more, one thing is for sure, I dont like what I see.

I dont know if things are going to be any different if we move, but I know I dont want to be here anymore.
Cleopatra is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:39 pm
  #11  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Originally Posted by CazW54 View Post
Nice kids aren't news, so you won't hear the opposite side of the argument. What's wrong with a hoodie? It's only a form of clothing which happens to be in style at present.
Yep they are certainly gonna need to wear hoodies in Canada when it starts to get to -30
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:41 pm
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: On
Posts: 389
misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Where we live (CA), the kids have to do community service to graduate from High school. THey have to do a certain number of volunteer hours - I think this is great and makes them part of the community. Better community spirit too, but hey I live in a small city!
misplacedheidi is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:42 pm
  #13  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Originally Posted by Cleopatra View Post
I dont want my kids growing up in the uk - thats why we are moving. I'm 28 and even I can see a huge difference in people attitudes, not just the kids either.

I dont want my mum growing old in the uk - and she terrifed of the thought, so she will be moving as soon as we are allowed to sponsor her and look after her.

I dont know if it IS that things have changed or if it just a case of me getting older and wiser and noticing a lot more, one thing is for sure, I dont like what I see.

I dont know if things are going to be any different if we move, but I know I dont want to be here anymore.
If you move and as long as the work scenario is good, you and your family are gonna have a much better life all round. Don`t let negative people tell you any different.
Jules Europe is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:45 pm
  #14  
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3,667
Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Originally Posted by Jules Europe View Post
If you move and as long as the work scenario is good, you and your family are gonna have a much better life all round. Don`t let negative people tell you any different.
thank you
Cleopatra is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:48 pm
  #15  
Weirdo Latin Dude
 
Jules Europe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hotter than hell
Posts: 2,545
Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british hoodie and yob culture!!!

Originally Posted by babsi View Post
I was at the Dufferin Mall in Toronto on Sunday and in the middle of the week there was gunshots fired. And this is far from a bad area.

Around a month ago my husband was at the park with my 2 year old, it was only 7 in the evening and there were some teenagers sitting at the top of the slide obstructing him and then started to throw a tire around not caring if it hit my little boy.

So it can surprisingly happen in Canada.
That`s because you hate living in Canada, so its obvious you are going to see all the negatives whenever you can.
Jules Europe is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.