Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Brexit prediction thread.

Brexit prediction thread.

Old Jun 21st 2020, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit prediction thread.

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
^^ A good bit of food for thought. ^^

One of the most amusing ironies in Brexit has been the sheer denial.

I've never been entirely sure whether it's ideological blindness, or plain ignorance. Obviously, the Theresa May team were just plain ignorant. But much has been learned in the process, and Boris isn't stupid. I reckon it's just ideological blindness now.

But whether it's Ivan or Jonathan that wins the bet, both predictions are simply reality sorting things out.
i think the denial is just ideology, as i am unsure anyone voted for brexit expecting things to be worse off, and brexiters seem no matter what issue one brings up to engage in either fantasy or denial of probable effects. and now with the effect of the corona virus one would think brexiters would be willing to consider an extension of the transition period for the benefit of the nation- but no they continue to push for brexit even if it means no deal/

-students, pensioners, many businesses, university research, security cooperation, some financial services ( not all, europe can't compete in areas like investment banking),people working in the EU, probably some areas of holiday travel, access to highly skilled EU workers will be more cumbersome and costly, all clear probable negatives to any rational person.

- yet we are to believe there will be less pressure on housing ( year right prices will come down, and as restrictive building permit system has nothing to do with issue) and public services ( yea right we know about the lie about more funds for the NHS) , thousands will go off benefits to work on farms or as baristas and even if EU migrants the problem the problem as brexiters seem to think, if those in the country can stay, all the supposed benefits are from the additional EU migrants that would have come vs all the negatives of brexit- a calculation i doubt brexiters have clearly considered.then the hilarious idea that fantasy trade deals will necessarily be a long run benefit to british industry.

makes one wonder what more nutty ideas brexiters will come up with when the promised land doesnt work out.
Old Jun 21st 2020, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j View Post
If you read my post carefully you'd have realised that I was agreeing with Mancha's comment about Ms Ami making the same points over and over again. It had nothing to do with who argues this or that but simply with the fact that it was getting boring. Ami isn't alone in doing this.
maybe because it is quite incomprehensible why brexiters are so fixed on cutting off their nose to spite their face, or in this case Britain.
Old Jun 21st 2020, 5:51 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Brexit bunch are beginning to realise that there's absolutely no upside in any of this. No cake. No return to glory. All downside. And to continue to hear it must be quite irritating for them.

But it isn't as if nobody ever told them. They did after all, know exactly what they were voting for (and they were the only ones that did). So, you got what you voted for. Quit moaning.

Last edited by amideislas; Jun 21st 2020 at 5:54 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2020, 5:58 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
I think the Brexit bunch are beginning to realise that there's absolutely no upside in any of this. No cake. No return to glory. All downside. And to continue to hear it must be quite irritating for them.
But it isn't as if nobody ever told them. They did after all, know exactly what they were voting for (and they were the only ones that did). So, you got what you voted for. Quit moaning.
Yaaawwwwnnnnn.... Zzzzzzzzzz.......