Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Brexit Party, how long will it last ?

Brexit Party, how long will it last ?

Old May 1st 2019, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Party, how long will it last ?

Can anyone please enlighten this expat what this party's policies are, regarding;-
Transport?
Health?
Education?
Pensioners & social care?
I understand for law & order they mainly revolve around bringing back hanging & public caning....
Ah, the political centre ground has a whole new meaning.
Old May 1st 2019, 7:28 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Not sure the Greeks, Italians, Poles, Hungarians etc would agree.
​​​​​​Somebody been readin' the tabloids.
Old May 1st 2019, 11:16 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Can't see the link between those 4 myself although judging by the usual drift of his posts, I'd say it's probably something to do with refugees.

If that is the case, he's way off beam since they have entirely different perspectives. The Hungarian people even overwhelmingly approved the EU's resettlement proposals when it was put to a democratic referendum. And the 2 southern countries mentioned regularly meet at 7-member summits where immigration and asylum is constructively discussed between them and forms the basis of their joint stance with the Commission on the matter, so I doubt they'd feel they don't have a voice.

Perhaps he can elaborate a little for clarification.
Old May 1st 2019, 11:57 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Can anyone please enlighten this expat what this party's policies are, regarding;-
Transport?
Health?
Education?
Pensioners & social care?
I understand for law & order they mainly revolve around bringing back hanging & public caning....
Ah, the political centre ground has a whole new meaning.
Policiy? It's blue passports isn't it?
That should take care of everything.
Old May 1st 2019, 12:18 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Can't see the link between those 4 myself although judging by the usual drift of his posts, I'd say it's probably something to do with refugees.

If that is the case, he's way off beam since they have entirely different perspectives. The Hungarian people even overwhelmingly approved the EU's resettlement proposals when it was put to a democratic referendum. And the 2 southern countries mentioned regularly meet at 7-member summits where immigration and asylum is constructively discussed between them and forms the basis of their joint stance with the Commission on the matter, so I doubt they'd feel they don't have a voice.

Perhaps he can elaborate a little for clarification.

Notwithstanding the above, the Hungarian people are predominantly pro Europe / EU.

Hungary is a member of the Visegrád 4, along with Poland, Czechia & Slovakia.

About the Visegrad Group

The Visegrad Group (also known as the "Visegrad Four" or simply "V4") reflects the efforts of the countries of the Central European region to work together in a number of fields of common interest within the all-European integration. Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia have always been part of a single civilization sharing cultural and intellectual values and common roots in diverse religious traditions, which they wish to preserve and further strengthen.

All the V4 countries aspired to become members of the European Union, perceiving their integration in the EU as another step forward in the process of overcoming artificial dividing lines in Europe through mutual support. They reached this aim in 2004 (1st May) when they all became members of the EU.

Last edited by Expatrick; May 1st 2019 at 12:21 pm.
Old May 1st 2019, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Well the German thing lasted as long as 1945.

And most of Prussia is now Poland or Russia.

So they had a point.

As the EU has its origins in the regular visit of Germans then I can see the correlation.
Well, boundaries change, that's what they do - but Germany still exists - and as a formal federation of states.
As I recall, the USA is rather differently composed than it was when independence was declared - and the expansion was less than "voluntary" for those who opposed it.
But you're right about the origins of the EU - at its base it is the desire to prevent any further European wars - not something most people would find objectionable.
Old May 1st 2019, 1:38 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post

Notwithstanding the above, the Hungarian people are predominantly pro Europe / EU.
Notwithstanding the above?

It confirms exactly what I said. Given the chance to tell the EU where to stick its refugee quotas, the Hungarian people decided to agree to them by a ratio of 60 / 40. Most voters very sensibly decided it was a silly referendum which they were having nothing to do with and simply didn't turn out, thus rendering the whole thing invalid. But not voting effectively put them with the Yeses.

Old May 1st 2019, 4:19 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Notwithstanding the above?

It confirms exactly what I said. Given the chance to tell the EU where to stick its refugee quotas, the Hungarian people decided to agree to them by a ratio of 60 / 40. Most voters very sensibly decided it was a silly referendum which they were having nothing to do with and simply didn't turn out, thus rendering the whole thing invalid. But not voting effectively put them with the Yeses.
Well, yes.
Old May 13th 2019, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Farage's ambitions ... all he needs now is a manifesto
  • Farage said, if the Brexit party held the balance of power after a general election, it would do a deal with one of the main parties to pass a hard Brexit. Asked if he would do a deal with Labour or the Tories, if he had for example 50 MPs, Farage said:
If we could save £39bn, come out of the customs union, come out of the single market, come out of the jurisdiction of the European court of justice and be a genuinely independent, self-governing democracy that could choose its own future, I’d do a deal with the devil to get that.
Old May 13th 2019, 4:16 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Farage's ambitions ... all he needs now is a manifesto ;
And a uniform, with a little hat.
Old May 13th 2019, 4:42 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

• Farage said, if the Brexit party held the balance of power after a general election, it would do a deal with one of the main parties to pass a hard Brexit. Asked if he would do a deal with Labour or the Tories, if he had for example 50 MPs, Farage said:
If we could save £39bn, come out of the customs union, come out of the single market, come out of the jurisdiction of the European court of justice and be a genuinely independent, self-governing democracy that could choose its own future, I’d do a deal with the devil to get that.
If he doesn't hold the balance of power after the next GE, will he go away?

As the next GE is up to 3 years away, can he waiti until one has been announced before he starts campaigning?
Old May 13th 2019, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
If he doesn't hold the balance of power after the next GE, will he go away?
As the next GE is up to 3 years away, can he waiti until one has been announced before he starts campaigning?
Bearing in mind that a crowd-funded criminal complaint is set to have it's first hearing at Westminster Magistrates' Court tomorrow against Mr Boris Johnson for 'misconduct in public office'; - that is for LYING, if I were Mr Fartage I'd be very, very careful what I now claimed. He may not be in a UK public office but he is an existing MEP, and Member States' legal principles have a way of ... expanding...
Keep very quiet Nige, - unless you like porridge (a free bit of legal advice there)
Old May 14th 2019, 9:46 pm
Who - me?

Old May 15th 2019, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

I see The Brexit Party for what they represent now, as in what they say on the tin; a party determined to hold our government and parliament to account for their betrayal of democracy on the Brexit front.

If they achieve that and nothing more, I will personally be more than satisfied.
Old May 15th 2019, 6:53 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Considering how blatantly the public was hoodwinked on the "brexit front", I would have expected the Sun, Daily Express, Daily mail, and especially the "Brexit Party" to have been rendered to little more than comic book status by now.

But apparently not.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.