Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Brexit Party, how long will it last ?

Brexit Party, how long will it last ?

Old Dec 2nd 2019, 1:00 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Party, how long will it last ?

well in breaking news we actually received an election leaflet in the post today... well done the Green Party

looking like a hung parliament methinks?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:29 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

More trouble at t'mill.

A sacking and 3 desertions from the ranks of the MEPs.

5th columnists working for the Tories.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 6:26 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
More trouble at t'mill.

yeah heard about that on the radio today and, more and more, it looks like the Brexit Party is following UKIP and ChangeUK into oblivion unless Labour win the election and it will probably rise like Lazarus

In other news a 2nd election leaflet arrived today, Tories in 2nd after the Greens...
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:03 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

More trouble at t'mill.

Farage hits out at three MEPs who quit Brexit party to back Tories

At a press conference in Westminster on Thursday morning, the four MEPs said they were leaving because it had become clear their party was splitting the Brexit vote in key marginals and, as such, putting the campaign to leave the EU at risk.
Four Brexit Party MEPs resign to back Johnson a week before election

A Brexit party spokesman downplayed the resignations, linking them to the MEP's personal connections with Cabinet members.

"We also note that one of the MEPs is the sister of a Cabinet Minister, another has a partner who works in the office of the same Cabinet Minister and yet another is a personal friend of both Boris Johnson and Michael Gove," the spokesman said.

The spokesman also bashed one of the quitting MEPs for shifting positions.

"In the case of John Longworth, who was for years the firmest advocate of WTO withdrawal that we have ever met, he underwent a metamorphosis into being a supporter of the new EU treaty following two days of meetings in London. We hope that Mr Longworth is well rewarded for his actions."
Old Dec 6th 2019, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

More trouble at t'mill.

​​​​​​Isn't it good to see Farage twist in the wind. Better than any fairy on a Christmas Tree
one point though, I assume these scum continue to the end of their MEP terms collecting their lucre ????
Loyalty and personal integrity
Old Dec 7th 2019, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

OOOH EEER You mean that maybe Mr Longworth was PAID to change his mind so dramatically..?. That would be a new idea wouldn't it....

Things are looking up ... Nige Garage was soundly 'whipped' on the Andrew Neil show ( Yes the more serious political discussion show that everyone in politics agreed to appear on... except BoJo ) He was completely out of his depth ... proved that the only person he cared about .. was himself.. He got so heated about being 'found out' that he stormed off stage and left. You don't get much past that old hand Andrew Neil GOOD.

Meanwhile at the NATO conference Boris was filmed 'laughing with a group' at the antics of Trump! Who left early because of his behaviour ( holding impromptu press conferences that disrupted the meeting ) THAT would go down a bomb with Trump... His precious boy... laughing at him behind his back.... OOH EEER

Old Dec 7th 2019, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

It is, but not many people want to hear about, or see it...To many ,these are ill educated , lower class people who deserved all they got..... The fact that Thatcher felt empowered by that fact to perpetrate these , for me, 'crimes against the people ' shows that nothing has changed in the mindset of the government / ruling class's since the Peterloo Massacre in Manchester .They still look upon men and women working in manual labour jobs as of zero importance.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
It is, but not many people want to hear about, or see it...To many ,these are ill educated , lower class people who deserved all they got..... The fact that Thatcher felt empowered by that fact to perpetrate these , for me, 'crimes against the people ' shows that nothing has changed in the mindset of the government / ruling class's since the Peterloo Massacre in Manchester .They still look upon men and women working in manual labour jobs as of zero importance.
Fresh back from Ireland, I went to a funeral in the Rhondda. It seemed a very dour affair, men and women were separate and it seemed that to smile was a sin. After the service, the women went home for tea and the men went to the club in Penrhiwceiber for a beer - but even then the mood didn't lift. I thought it was just a cultural difference - and in part it was - but then I came to realise that most of these hard, tough men around me had either lost their jobs, or were likely to do so - and there was absolutely no prospect of anything else but the dole for them and even less for their sons and grandsons. The issues around the mines had eaten the heart of the community and what was left was a zombie - a community where the common driver was gone and they now just acted out the traditional roles, without meaning. When I heard the Tories demonizing the miners for the temerity of their actions to defend their way of life, I thought about that. I have never forgotten it - or the cynical actions of the Tories and their cronies to destroy an entire community.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Fresh back from Ireland, I went to a funeral in the Rhondda. It seemed a very dour affair, men and women were separate and it seemed that to smile was a sin. After the service, the women went home for tea and the men went to the club in Penrhiwceiber for a beer - but even then the mood didn't lift. I thought it was just a cultural difference - and in part it was - but then I came to realise that most of these hard, tough men around me had either lost their jobs, or were likely to do so - and there was absolutely no prospect of anything else but the dole for them and even less for their sons and grandsons. The issues around the mines had eaten the heart of the community and what was left was a zombie - a community where the common driver was gone and they now just acted out the traditional roles, without meaning. When I heard the Tories demonizing the miners for the temerity of their actions to defend their way of life, I thought about that. I have never forgotten it - or the cynical actions of the Tories and their cronies to destroy an entire community.
... They're using marque 2 now macliam, the destruction of entire cultures. It's no accident that what started off as selected community destruction/s has escalated into "regime-change" against nations these Bast*ards don't like or want, and impoverishment for selected domestic sections in the states' they already own.
GeniB's post today is entirely accurate. We're merely swapping 19th Century squalor for 21st Century personal impoverishment.
And first in line are the stupid Brits, all clapping their hands in gleeful conditioned ignorance, for it.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Yes Its a different world isn't it. It's like these people have been 'pinned to a board' for life. Not allowed to change and progress.. They are the modern day slaves ,only you can't see their chains.. I also witnessed the closures of the huge Industries in Liverpool. The cynical actions of the government who knew what it would do ,and relished it as the' death of unions.'. not giving a damn about the million people it would effect.
How different it was when we moved to the Netherlands and found 'mixed societies' We couldn't believe people had built fine homes next to garages or factories .Council type house 's across the road from large detached villa's .There were no 'ghettos' of one type of work or society. It opened our eyes to just how snobbish and divided our own country was. How privileged a very small section of it was .A section that owned and controlled 90% of our land. Our country isn't 'full' Its empty in comparison to the rest of Europe. Its backward in its thinking because its held in the iron grip of those few who like their ancestors ,wish to control the 'view' of their world . It's unhealthy imo.. and will lead to the inevitable decline and fall.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Yes Its a different world isn't it. It's like these people have been 'pinned to a board' for life. Not allowed to change and progress.. They are the modern day slaves ,only you can't see their chains.. I also witnessed the closures of the huge Industries in Liverpool. The cynical actions of the government who knew what it would do ,and relished it as the' death of unions.'. not giving a damn about the million people it would effect.
How different it was when we moved to the Netherlands and found 'mixed societies' We couldn't believe people had built fine homes next to garages or factories .Council type house 's across the road from large detached villa's .There were no 'ghettos' of one type of work or society. It opened our eyes to just how snobbish and divided our own country was. How privileged a very small section of it was .A section that owned and controlled 90% of our land. Our country isn't 'full' Its empty in comparison to the rest of Europe. Its backward in its thinking because its held in the iron grip of those few who like their ancestors ,wish to control the 'view' of their world . It's unhealthy imo.. and will lead to the inevitable decline and fall.
Bulls-eye again Geni.
I've only stayed in the Netherlands once in my time, but the difference was very noticeable. I don't recall seeing people sleeping in filthy streets, searching rubbish bins for food, or begging. The odd hippies I saw were there by choice.
The UK has become a Failed State to its population, their living standards, and post January to it's own economic future.
But cheer-up, Boris & pals still have their nominee accounts safely stowed in the tax havens, still have their assets cloaked and protected by regimes such as Nevis, whilst at the same time telling everyone they're idle & feckless and to pull their belts in.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 10:09 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Bulls-eye again Geni.
I've only stayed in the Netherlands once in my time, but the difference was very noticeable. I don't recall seeing people sleeping in filthy streets, searching rubbish bins for food, or begging. The odd hippies I saw were there by choice.
The UK has become a Failed State to its population, their living standards, and post January to it's own economic future.
But cheer-up, Boris & pals still have their nominee accounts safely stowed in the tax havens, still have their assets cloaked and protected by regimes such as Nevis, whilst at the same time telling everyone they're idle & feckless and to pull their belts in.
https://www.theguardian.com/housing-...except-finland

A European housing body has warned that homelessness and exclusion from housing has reached crisis point in the majority of countries in the EU. European Union.

The UK and the Netherlands are among those whose situation has worsened since the organisations’ first report in 2015, but almost all countries have serious flaws and problems in their housing systems.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

This is not some ..... Poverty-Competition CB, it's about people, or as I regard it, simple human dignity; - and may I just point out that your article is over two years old referring to previous stats of 2015.
Like most issues there are the patent and hidden aspects.
The patent is the sight (last time I had the misfortune to visit London) of seeing people, a great many of them young, sleeping in filth, without sanitary access in the entrances of luxury stores, rear doors of hotels and restaurants while their patrons blithely paid exorbitant prices for the services - almost regarding the sights on the other side of the glass as background wallpaper.
But there's a hidden aspect to all this.
While these people are on the streets, those who can rent a Rackman-style room live on poverty wages which means their rents to their greedy Landlords are subsidised by the taxpayer. Or if they're young and female being asked for sex-for-rent tenure.That's the hidden part, and frankly the only word I can use for that condition, which your Tory Friends allow is, nauseating.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 10:59 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

For blueboy, it's about implying how any relationship with the EU is causing the UK's problems.

But like his personal "immigration crisis" he only ends up proving that the UK is more like those lower order foreign countries than he wants to believe. In many cases, even worse than them. But of course, the implication is that it's all because of the EU, despite all evidence to the contrary.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting Coddy - yet the issue is apparently more visible in the UK. So, It seems that, apart from being able to run (and export) successful nationalised industries, our European neighbours also manage to deal with their social problems more successfully. Who'd have guessed?!!
Even poor little Portugal, with its "basket-case" economy, is fairly successful at keeping the streets clean of both rubbish and homeless people (in fact, they seem to have imported beggars from Romania to make up for a shortfall!). Though life is really tough for the average working family, even out in the sticks where I live there is a free bus each week to pick up isolated pensioners and take them into town for shopping, etc. and the local council arranges free outings in the summer and celebrations at holiday times for the pensioners....... as well as hands-on control over the local retirement home. There is a modern, well-equipped library and a small theatre/cinema which shows recent films at subsidised prices, since there is insufficient profit for the big chains.

On my recent time in the UK, the only signs I saw of the local council were the re-branded vehicles where they have combined with another authority to "cut costs", the boarded-up old council offices - soon to be replaced by ugly, expensive housing for second-homers (and to which there have been numerous, but unsuccessful, objections) and a ridiculous situation where neither the police nor the council enforce parking regulations "due to cost cutting". The town is full of empty/charity shops and nursing homes (all private, of course) - and the local small theatre/cinema is warning it may be forced to close, due to increased business taxes. I know which seems more hopeful.......

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.