Brexit

Old May 18th 2022, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Bad time to change "leader", because of the Ukraine war, but a good time to enter a trade war with the EU, threaten the peace deal in NI, etc.
I struggle a bit that changing Prime Ministers will be that substantive to the war in Ukraine.
Old May 18th 2022, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Given what you say, I'm quite disappointed (but not surprised) that the margin is still so close.
It seems the level of gullibility and/or fanatic belief or just plain ignorance of Brexit supporters remains quite high according to that polling data.
Old May 18th 2022, 11:14 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I apologise in advance for not remembering the source but read a great article last night on the 'disappearing Remainers' and where those who were anti-Brexit have gone and been so quiet.

I thought they just needed to visit these forums to see us
Was it yahoo? Why have Remainers gone silent as the costs of Brexit pile up?
Perhaps those who warned night and day for more than three years about the dire consequences of Brexit now want to show respect to those who eventually won the argument at the ballot box, and do not want to appear to be churlish Remoaners saying “we told you so”.
Personally I favour "we told you so," even if some people distort that as "wanting to fail."
Old May 18th 2022, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Personally I favour "we told you so," even if some people distort that as "wanting to fail."
Must have been, looks like the article I read - it was on Apple News so not always paying enough attention to the source if I'm honest. Thanks for finding and sharing.

Old May 18th 2022, 10:07 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe should have put this in the 'opportunities' thread, but whatever, seems reasonable to me.

Pascal Lamy says row is solvable if PM stops using emotional Brexit politics to solve ‘technical problem’
Guardian article.
Old May 19th 2022, 8:02 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

I suspect it's simply that it's (for all practical purposes) all over except the wrangling for the benefits without any of the burdens.

I think the most appropriate "we told you so" is more related to the infamous "they need us more than we need them" which is obviously quite the opposite, and is fundamentally the cause of the entire saga.

Hubris can only take you so far. Reality always has a funny way of sorting things out in the end.
Old May 19th 2022, 10:14 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
...I think the most appropriate "we told you so" is more related to the infamous "they need us more than we need them" which is obviously quite the opposite, and is fundamentally the cause of the entire saga...
We're getting an updated version of the "they need us more" from the Ultras at the moment, as they tell us that although the EU could start (as they put it) a trade war if the UK unilaterally broke the NIP, they'd be bonkers to as it would hurt them badly.

I wonder if anybody would be daft enough to fall for that same line all over again?
Old May 19th 2022, 7:19 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
We're getting an updated version of the "they need us more" from the Ultras at the moment, as they tell us that although the EU could start (as they put it) a trade war if the UK unilaterally broke the NIP, they'd be bonkers to as it would hurt them badly.

I wonder if anybody would be daft enough to fall for that same line all over again?
In that scenario, wouldn't it technically be the >UK< starting a "trade war"?
Old May 20th 2022, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Old man Johnson has helped himself to a French passport so that he can avoid the 90/180 day Schengen rules and enjoy the freedom of movement his rotten son took away from UK nationals.

Stinking hypocrisy doesn't even come close to describing it but language has to be extremely moderated on here.
Old May 20th 2022, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou71 View Post
Old man Johnson has helped himself to a French passport so that he can avoid the 90/180 day Schengen rules and enjoy the freedom of movement his rotten son took away from UK nationals.

Stinking hypocrisy doesn't even come close to describing it but language has to be extremely moderated on here.
I read that too.I wonder though how he changed to being a French National,does he have a French ancestor that he used?
Old May 20th 2022, 1:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougal03 View Post
I read that too.I wonder though how he changed to being a French National,does he have a French ancestor that he used?
French mum.
Old May 20th 2022, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougal03 View Post
Here is the full story:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/20/pms-father-stanley-johnson-secures-french-citizenship

Fortunately use of the eff word is permitted on the Guardian. No comments on this article but plenty on the live feed.
Old May 20th 2022, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
I suspect it's simply that it's (for all practical purposes) all over except the wrangling for the benefits without any of the burdens.

I think the most appropriate "we told you so" is more related to the infamous "they need us more than we need them" which is obviously quite the opposite, and is fundamentally the cause of the entire saga.

Hubris can only take you so far. Reality always has a funny way of sorting things out in the end.
Yet Brexiters live in an alternate reality, the reality of logic, evidence or common sense never seems to enter the Brexiter world.
Old May 20th 2022, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lou71 View Post

It is disgusting. but in line with how Brexit leaders are conducting themselves in office.
Old May 20th 2022, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
It is disgusting. but in line with how Brexit leaders are conducting themselves in office.
Some more stinking hypocrisy here, this time from the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61524965

His bloated son thinks it's "magnifique".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.