Brexit

Old May 15th 2022, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
2) You have consistently supported policies reducing opportunities that Brits had.
1) Presumably you had some input on where to live, let alone degree you wished to integrate into a foreign culture and land.

1) Yes I refused to wear a grass skirt and eat bits of cannibalised human!
Old May 15th 2022, 7:04 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Still hoping to hear what you think of Pres. Macron's idea.
And I was hoping to hear what you think of the Brexit financial costs so far.
Old May 16th 2022, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

On my death my estate will pay 40% tax on my WORLD WIDE ASSETS. that is why I am entitled to vote in a UK election. The British Government includes my over seas assets for UK tax purposes. I suspect the IHT taxable value will far exceed the lifetime payment of net income tax that bi pat and other brexit fanatics and fantasists will pay in their life times.

In addition Brits in Europe would ordinarily be paying tax within the European Union how much of that had been invested back in the UK, In effect this made such people uk Tax payers whilst being in the European Union. Cornwall used to receive 100m pa from European member ship > now they get 1m, of Brexit benefit from the UK Government. Not surprising when a poster above has shown how much the UK has contrived to lose.

Yes, it would be good to get a vote at the overseas UK embassy
Old May 16th 2022, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike View Post
On my death my estate will pay 40% tax on my WORLD WIDE ASSETS. that is why I am entitled to vote in a UK election. The British Government includes my over seas assets for UK tax purposes. I suspect the IHT taxable value will far exceed the lifetime payment of net income tax that bi pat and other brexit fanatics and fantasists will pay in their life times.

In addition Brits in Europe would ordinarily be paying tax within the European Union how much of that had been invested back in the UK, In effect this made such people uk Tax payers whilst being in the European Union. Cornwall used to receive 100m pa from European member ship > now they get 1m, of Brexit benefit from the UK Government. Not surprising when a poster above has shown how much the UK has contrived to lose.

By chance yesterday I had coffee with a former MP who referenced the same issue of how locally numerous initiatives were funded by the EU, and now have had to scale back or consider closing without the Brexit leadership considering replacing such funds. He runs a non-profit group now, and expressed how challenging it is dealing with Brexiters in government with their penchant for wishful thinking.

The inane beliefs and practices of Brexit leaders and the Brexit philosophy that are fanatically held to also contributes to the poor execution of the whole process. The idea that reducing benefits and opportunities is somehow a 'gain' is quite similar to what we read in 1984.

Old May 16th 2022, 8:20 am
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike View Post

Forgotten about the IHT aspect!
Old May 16th 2022, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Forgotten about the IHT aspect!

You can get insurance to cover it, or money goes to the estate if no IHT. Just make sure the inheritors know to claim it.
Old May 17th 2022, 4:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

With Sweden and Finland currently wanting to join NATO and Ukraine wanting to join the EU, it seems that the benefits of being a collective are being appreciated more.

I wonder what the result of a referendum on Brexit, if held today, would be.

According to this from May 10th
As of May 2022, 47 percent of people in Great Britain thought that it was wrong to leave the European Union, compared with 39 percent who thought it was the right decision.
I wonder if, considering the exceptional situation, someone could go - cap in hand - to the EU and say "look, can we just forget about the last couple of years and pretend the whole thing never happened? And here's a couple of quid for your trouble"

Old May 17th 2022, 4:43 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
With Sweden and Finland currently wanting to join NATO and Ukraine wanting to join the EU, it seems that the benefits of being a collective are being appreciated more.

I wonder if, considering the exceptional situation, someone could go - cap in hand - to the EU and say "look, can we just forget about the last couple of years and pretend the whole thing never happened? And here's a couple of quid for your trouble"

Given what you say, I'm quite disappointed (but not surprised) that the margin is still so close.
Old May 17th 2022, 4:48 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

We've got to wait at least until the Cons stop fighting amongst themselves (might take another few years though).

Old May 17th 2022, 4:54 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Bad time to change "leader", because of the Ukraine war, but a good time to enter a trade war with the EU, threaten the peace deal in NI, etc.
Old May 17th 2022, 4:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Given what you say, I'm quite disappointed (but not surprised) that the margin is still so close.
It certainly surprised me.

IIRC not long after the vote - when people started to say they didn't really mean it - the polling suggested a reversal by a similar size. With everything that's happened since you'd think that was enough to have made more of a difference but I expect not enough have been paying attention.
Old May 17th 2022, 4:56 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

You'd have thought that one of the potential Brexit benefits would be the end of the interminable Tory wrangling from the diehard Eurosceptics, holding the rest of the party and the country hostage to their demands. After all, Brexit has gone far further than they campaigned for.

But no - on and on it goes

Truss isn't actually one of them, of course. She's just play-acting for the sake of her future ambitions, a trait she's learned well from her master.
Old May 17th 2022, 4:59 pm
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
You'd have thought that one of the potential Brexit benefits would be the end of the interminable Tory wrangling from the diehard Eurosceptics, holding the rest of the party and the country hostage to their demands. After all, Brexit has gone far further than they campaigned for.

Truss isn't actually one of them, of course. She's just play-acting for the sake of her future ambitions, a trait she's learned well from her master.
Truss is just promoting herself, eager to become the next PM.
I think Johnson is allowing (maybe even pushing) her to fall on her sword though.
Old May 18th 2022, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post

I apologise in advance for not remembering the source but read a great article last night on the 'disappearing Remainers' and where those who were anti-Brexit have gone and been so quiet.

I thought they just needed to visit these forums to see us
Old May 18th 2022, 7:35 am
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I apologise in advance for not remembering the source but read a great article last night on the 'disappearing Remainers' and where those who were anti-Brexit have gone and been so quiet.

I thought they just needed to visit these forums to see us
Daily Express maybe ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.