Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Is Boris treating the Northern UK worse from Southern during Covid-19?

Is Boris treating the Northern UK worse from Southern during Covid-19?

Old Oct 24th 2020, 12:49 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Boris treating the Northern UK worse from Southern during Covid-19?

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
NO ukwinds5353 once you get to know her she is very nice girl, she has said kind things to me.And clipped my ear,put me on the naughty step and wagged her finger at me and told me to shut up and behave.I like her.Don't forget she is from yorkshire
Old Oct 24th 2020, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Boris treating the Northern UK worse from Southern during Covid-19?

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
NO ukwinds5353 once you get to know her she is very nice girl, she has said kind things to me.And clipped my ear,put me on the naughty step and wagged her finger at me and told me to shut up and behave.I like her.Don't forget she is from yorkshire
Its a very commendable quality to see attributes in other people. And I think that is a kind and supportive way to live one's life. Good on you.
My wife tells me Yorkshire is a wonderful place.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect the red walls that came down are going back up and getting vertical extensions. The blue that took them must been feeling way more than nervous, without having to suffer weekly pmq's
Old Oct 25th 2020, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Its a very commendable quality to see attributes in other people. And I think that is a kind and supportive way to live one's life. Good on you.
My wife tells me Yorkshire is a wonderful place.
My English wife calls Yorkshire a Southern county.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 3:15 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Northerners are thick and need to be controlled for their own protection. If too many die then they won't be able to make things and keep power stations going and mine or whatever they do.

Southerners have decided the plague is here and are avoiding doing silly things thanks to a greater intellectual prowess.

Boris is just protecting the brain and must be considering sacrificing a limb to stave off the gangrene.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 4:43 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Northerners are thick and need to be controlled for their own protection. If too many die then they won't be able to make things and keep power stations going and mine or whatever they do.

Southerners have decided the plague is here and are avoiding doing silly things thanks to a greater intellectual prowess.

Boris is just protecting the brain and must be considering sacrificing a limb to stave off the gangrene.
Fair comment.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 5:29 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Fair comment.

Growing up in South London, "the North" started at the end of the Northern Line.

And driving, passing under the first overhead road sign that said "The North" made us feel like intrepid explorers.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 5:35 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Growing up in South London, "the North" started at the end of the Northern Line.

And driving, passing under the first overhead road sign that said "The North" made us feel like intrepid explorers.
To be fair, it’s just as bad in America. There’s a road sign near us, turn left for;

Canada
Psych Center
Correctional Facility.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 5:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, it’s just as bad in America. There’s a road sign near us, turn left for;

Canada
Psych Center
Correctional Facility.

Is that all one place?
Old Oct 25th 2020, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder where in the UK electricity is generated these days and is it wise to upset certain areas?

A prolonged power cut could be a laugh.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 7:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 25th 2020, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Good times.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Northern UK ? Where is that ? Inverness ? Shetland ?

He means NORTHERN ENGLAND !
Old Oct 26th 2020, 6:13 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Very true. Although the good lady is from Oxford which means I now consider that the final stop before people start mangling the language.

Canada
Psych Center
Correctional Facility.
On the way to Abu Dhabi, not too far outside the city you start getting signs saying 'Saudi Arabia'. No thanks.

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
Northern UK ? Where is that ? Inverness ? Shetland ?

He means NORTHERN ENGLAND !
Absolutely correct. Scotland is not 'The North'.

I'm amazed at the lack of frustration with different rules in Scotland, Wales and England. I know power for health is devolved but chirst alive, it's a disgrace the way it's being used.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 8:13 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Before I start ripping people to shreds can we just confirm that most of the comments in this thread are sarcasm?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.