Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Boris Johnson tell LIES

Boris Johnson tell LIES

Old Feb 3rd 2020, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boris Johnson tell LIES

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Does that mean we remainers have all become Brexiters?

Cunning stunt!
NO
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 10:46 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
A bit more on the journalists' walkout.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...box=1580748071

Apparently Johnson also want to control where his people have lunch and who they talk to at all times.
People keep saying 'Johnson' but it's almost certain that Dominic Cummings is pulling his strings, there is currently quite a lot of chatter about Johnson attending sex parties run by Russian oligarchs where he went without any of his security detail.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 2:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
But my company suffered 6-12 months of lousy performance from this guy.
Thanks for the additional info left in the dead drop
Old Feb 10th 2020, 10:50 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Relevant to a few posts ago, but funny anyway

Old Feb 10th 2020, 12:07 pm
Oscar nominated

Harry Dunn's family seek answers over reports Anne Sacoolas was CIA officer
...the latest reports in the Mail on Sunday about Sacoolas’s alleged previous status as a CIA operative reminded her of the days just after her son’s death when she claimed the government “were trying to kick this all under the carpet”.

Something has clearly gone very badly wrong and it is no wonder that Boris Johnson has not seen it fit to meet with the parents and I. He is the leader of the team and has been nowhere to be seen other than making wholly inappropriate and unhelpful public comments. It is a disgrace that he has not met with us when even Donald Trump has.
I'm not actually sure what difference this would make. Doesn't it make extradition even less likely because diplomatic immunity might be more of an issue?

Presumably she may be arrested if she visits the UK. And if she were to visit somewhere else in Europe wouldn't it be the case that as an EU member it would have been a near formality to bring her to court from another EU member state?
Old Yesterday, 4:42 pm
Oscar nominated

The privatisation of all sorts of services in the UK - pensions, prisons, detention centres, probation services, training courses etc...one scandal after another. Prisoners escaping, non existent training courses, shoddy work standards, targets universally failed, fraud, corruption...the list is endless.
A4e, Carillion, G4s, ATOS, Capita and so on.
A new one joins them. Cerner.
Thousands of patients potentially harmed by undelivered NHS mail
Safety inquiry launched after private contractor lost 28,563 confidential letters in IT bungle.Prof Martin Marshall, the chair of the Royal College of GPs, said the incident highlighted again the risks of private companies being given contracts to carry out work on the NHS’s behalf.

“This is another example of an NHS contract being awarded to a private company which seems unable to deliver on the work they’re contracted to so.
Old Yesterday, 4:59 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Only new in the UK....

Billing Problems Caused By Cerner EHR Costs NY Hospital $38M

‘We took a broken system and just broke it completely’
Old Yesterday, 5:33 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Only new in the UK....
Yep I saw some 'controversy' entries on the wiki page for them.

I don't suppose you can remember a major scandal a few years back of records just being dumped somewhere by some private contractor? Either DSS or medical records.

I say a few years but could be decades

Last edited by BristolUK; Yesterday at 5:40 pm.
Old Yesterday, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any reason to believe such problems (lost mail, in this case) would not occur if the NHS themselves were carrying out the task? I suspect that it's harder to hide problems like this when the service is outsourced.
Old Yesterday, 5:46 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
Is there any reason to believe such problems (lost mail, in this case) would not occur if the NHS themselves were carrying out the task? I suspect that it's harder to hide problems like this when the service is outsourced.
On a general point one imagines that if they did occur, the heavily "in favour of outsourcing" media would be sure to let us know.

On a specific point, someone in the health service system would know the likely effect of this 'update' and the repercussions for patient care and the necessary precautions would take place. A private company wouldn't be concerned with stuff like that. No doubt that's why they can do it cheaper.
Old Yesterday, 6:02 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I saw some 'controversy' entries on the wiki page for them.

I don't suppose you can remember a major scandal a few years back of records just being dumped somewhere by some private contractor? Either DSS or medical records.

I say a few years but could be decades
There have been a few instances I can think of, such as Cardiff, Glasgow and another one in the last ten years.
Old Yesterday, 6:30 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
There have been a few instances I can think of, such as Cardiff, Glasgow and another one in the last ten years.
One I'm thinking of goes further back. The more I think on it, it was my old department when we went "paperless" some company involved in mass movement of files left a load of them in public.
Old Today, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

On a general point one imagines that if they did occur, the heavily "in favour of outsourcing" media would be sure to let us know.

On a specific point, someone in the health service system would know the likely effect of this 'update' and the repercussions for patient care and the necessary precautions would take place. A private company wouldn't be concerned with stuff like that. No doubt that's why they can do it cheaper.
I worked for a company that provided outsourced services to a bunch of insurance companies. We were absolutely shit-scared of making mistakes, because if we did make a mistake, there were a) penalties mandated by law, b) very strict disclosure requirements, c) complete loss of credibility (highlighted by 'b'), and d) likely loss of the contract. The rules were something like - if 1-5 patients affected, must do 'x'; if 5-100 patients affected, must do 'y'; and so on. In the 500+ affected patients category, in addition to notifying the patients affected and the business you do the work for, you have to notify local media and have them publish an alert - which is where the 'damage to your reputation' comes in. We were so paranoid about this type of thing we had a whole group of people doing nothing but 'making sure it didn't happen'. We reckoned that one such breach would sink us as a company.

From - https://www.ama-assn.org/practice-ma...ification-rule
If the breach involves the unsecured PHI of more than 500 individuals, a covered entity must notify a prominent media outlet serving the state or jurisdiction in which the breach occurred, in addition to notifying HHS
Edit To Add - the company I worked for was a 'startup'; that's why a single event could have sunk us. Obviously if you are a bigger company, you can probably withstand a few disasters ...

Last edited by Steerpike; Today at 3:29 am.