Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Boris Johnson tell LIES

Boris Johnson tell LIES

Old Nov 25th 2019, 1:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boris Johnson tell LIES

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I've got relatives who do the "I vote Tory because I vote Tory" thing, and as aggravating as it is they are at least voting in favour of their vested interests, much as I despise the decision. But Tories also get support from people who are clearly going to be on the losing end of their policies - no, are already on the losing end of their policies. And they are going to vote for more of it. Gah.
Perfect summation LiW. Gah indeed.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 2:56 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got relatives who do the "I vote Tory because I vote Tory" thing, and as aggravating as it is they are at least voting in favour of their vested interests, much as I despise the decision. But Tories also get support from people who are clearly going to be on the losing end of their policies - no, are already on the losing end of their policies. And they are going to vote for more of it. Gah.
My old man for instance, as working class as they come, got grease in his blood. Bought his council house for 9 grand now he's a tory land owner. Mind you, I think Blair had alot to do with putting him off labour, and Boris is promising that people won't have to sign over their houses to pay for age care.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 3:27 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
My old man for instance, as working class as they come, got grease in his blood. Bought his council house for 9 grand now he's a tory land owner. Mind you, I think Blair had alot to do with putting him off labour, and Boris is promising that people won't have to sign over their houses to pay for age care.
Blair's Labour was barely Labour at all. But the contrasts between the two main options, even leaving the two party leaders aside, are now so stark and with such potential fallout for people on average salaries and below that I worry far more about the long-term effects than I have since Thatcher, the prime instigator of an I'm all right Jack attitude.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Nov 25th 2019 at 3:31 am.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 4:10 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Blair's Labour was barely Labour at all. But the contrasts between the two main options, even leaving the two party leaders aside, are now so stark and with such potential fallout for people on average salaries and below that I worry far more about the long-term effects than I have since Thatcher, the prime instigator of an I'm all right Jack attitude.
Yep, I never quite got to grips with labour abandoning their roots just to get elected. I'm probably a bit old fashioned but I believe in sticking to my principles, not changing them to suit. It doesn't always end well though
Old Nov 25th 2019, 5:05 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone actually read any of the bits on this site? I clicked on one at random, about 20,000 police officers. It claims he lied because of one word and then goes on to say it's realistic and might happen anyway. I mean, honestly. We're expecting to be able to tell people they're blind to the elite-loving media protecting Boris and this is part of the argument against him and them as a party? Honestly?

I mean, I could post a link to thousands of places claiming Corbyn hates the Jews or is pro-terrorism or a raging commy. 90% of it is semantics, conjecture and goal-post shifting to fit a belief.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who can't at least try and make the effort to be objective from time to time doesn't deserve to vote.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

This morning Nicky Morgan (Tory) explained the 50.000 extra nurses Johnson is talking about ... it seems there might be 31.000 new nurses and 19.000 where the tories keep their fingers crossed that they will stay ... I mean, really, that's how you get to 50.000,
Why the hell Johnson didn't just say 30.000 new nurses ??? Everybody would have been happy with that ... but no, let's lie another bit for the sake of it !

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ceit-1-6392360

Anyway, I think loads of Brexiteers will vote for Tories because of Brexit. There is nothing in the Tory manifesto that would explain working people voting for them but Brexit seems to do it.

Let's see what this all gives in December.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 12:11 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
This morning Nicky Morgan (Tory) explained the 50.000 extra nurses Johnson is talking about ... it seems there might be 31.000 new nurses and 19.000 where the tories keep their fingers crossed that they will stay ... I mean, really, that's how you get to 50.000,
Why the hell Johnson didn't just say 30.000 new nurses ??? Everybody would have been happy with that ... but no, let's lie another bit for the sake of it !

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ceit-1-6392360

Anyway, I think loads of Brexiteers will vote for Tories because of Brexit. There is nothing in the Tory manifesto that would explain working people voting for them but Brexit seems to do it.

Let's see what this all gives in December.
That staying bit might be problematic.

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/...-eu-staff-quit

I wonder how the plan for this is going in the golden uplands.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 1:49 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, and it's probably just stating the bleedin' obvious, but if it's just dawning on you that Boris Johnson "lies", you really need to get in touch with the world outside your front door.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
I don't know, and it's probably just stating the bleedin' obvious, but if it's just dawning on you that Boris Johnson "lies", you really need to get in touch with the world outside your front door.
... It demonstrates how deep this concerted media brainwashing of the UK populace has gone. 24/7/365 The "independent" BBC, SKY, and the more partial press crank out their stuff without any scrutiny or regard for the truth; - and the few who do are howled down.
When this is all over there needs to be some sort of open enquiry into how someone so dubious and patently dishonest, imo , got into this position.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

nain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond repute

It just amazes me how much the level of quality and experience of some of the world leaders have declined. If, 15 years ago, someone would have projected that a candidate at the level of Donald would crawl his way to the White House, they would have been laughed out of the room and / or put in a mental institution. I heard a couple of oldsters at the fitness center vigorously defending Donald today. Perhaps Alzheimer's had started to set into their addled melons.

While miles ahead of Donald, crazy-hair Boris is a sad step in the august line of British Prime Ministers. Now, I have heard rumors that the bald guy O'Leary who is on the Shark Tank TV show (the one who likes calling the presenters "cockroaches") thinks that he should be the Canadian Prime Minister. What the hell? Who is next? How can we go any lower when we are already scraping the OUTSIDE of the bottom of the barrel?
Old Nov 25th 2019, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namsbabe View Post
ALL politicians do!
IF your boy Jeremy gets in, he'll lie too!
Actually no...they do not...not in the way that Boris has made his own 'signature' dish....He has had over 25 yrs of practice
Old Nov 25th 2019, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
It's really baffling to me too LiW. I'm thinking that maybe there's a lot of people of the 'I've always voted Conservative and always will' variety? For balance, I suppose the same goes for Labor voters. I think a lot of people vote for a particular party, rather than for policies, people and the future of the UK, and that's a huge shame.

You have got it in one sos...I have said before that politics in the UK is like football. You have your team and you always follow them no matter how crap they are- Brits also have certain perceptions .I come from the North, and altho I don't have a strong accent, its there. Can't tell you how many times people have said to me. 'Oh you'll be voting Labour then' Its just a given ..They are either sceptical or astonished when I say I have never voted Labour in my life.. mostly for my local Lib/Dem..party.
Discussing politics is discouraged in the UK. From early school days ,its not a subject that is supposed to concern the mass's. This has to change if the country is to move forward.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... It demonstrates how deep this concerted media brainwashing of the UK populace has gone. 24/7/365 The "independent" BBC, SKY, and the more partial press crank out their stuff without any scrutiny or regard for the truth; - and the few who do are howled down.
When this is all over there needs to be some sort of open enquiry into how someone so dubious and patently dishonest, imo , got into this position.
There is no need for an enquiry Steve... Its all there if you dig.. Boris got where he is ( along with the rest of the Oxford set) because they were 'sponsored' by very wealthy people with a vested interest in having their puppets in place. Theres an excellent article on FaceBook about the billionaires who really run the show.both in the USA and in the UK- We are totally naive if we think that's not the case.
It has always been there from the early days of the Industrial revolution when wealthy men decided what governments would do. You only have to think about the newspaper magnate Randolph Hurst who invented wars to sell his newspapers and make himself richer. Started the ban on hemp farming , blamed the Mexicans for 'polluting American youth with their Marijuana ' a name he made up. Why ? So that he could corner the market on making pulp ( previously made from hemp ) for his mills out of pine trees.cut from plantations only he and his cartel owned. That lead to the drug wars .. and the present impasse with Mexico. Governments did what he said
Andrew Carnegie was another.. famed for his later philanthropy in building libraries around the world...He was a tyrant in his steel mills ,governments jumped when he said jump
Today its Big Pharma and their lobbyists who call the tune in Washington....
Boris is way down in the pecking order... but like Trump he is the sop to the ordinary people ..The posh will follow him as to them he represents themselves .. they won't look too closely at his credentials.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 12:31 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

The circle-jerk continues.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 1:49 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
The circle-jerk continues.
Were you after the biscuits?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.