Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The Black Lives Matter movement

The Black Lives Matter movement

Old Nov 24th 2021, 5:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Black Lives Matter movement

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1963284.html

​​​​​​Darrell Brooks was trying to strike “as many people as possible” when raced his car through a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, on Sunday, authorities said in a criminal complaint.

The complaint filed on Tuesday describes Mr Brooks as having “no emotion” when he drove down the parade route, killing six people and wounding at least 47 others. Moments earlier, he was said to have fled from police responding to a call about a domestic dispute between him and another person.

Prosecutors plan to charge the 39-year-old with six counts of first-degree intentional homicide. He is being held on $5m bail.
Now that I was not expecting.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Ahmaud Arbery's killers are going to jail.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 9:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post

Well thank **** for that.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...verdict-guilty
Old Nov 24th 2021, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

And rightly so.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
And rightly so.
And they still have to face federal court on a civil rights charge next year.

I doubt they'll see the outside of a prison again.

Old Nov 25th 2021, 12:23 am
Account Closed

They all have multiple convictions all of which carry a max of life without parole.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 12:27 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

And they still have to face federal court on a civil rights charge next year.

I doubt they'll see the outside of a prison again.
Yay!! Georgia white folks are not as racist as I thought (at least the jury, not the perps)
Old Nov 25th 2021, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Perhaps they just came to a decision based on the facts rather than race?
Old Nov 25th 2021, 12:36 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Perhaps they just came to a decision based on the facts rather than race?
That is what it looks like to me. (If you are referring to the jury, and not the perps)
Old Nov 25th 2021, 12:39 am
Account Closed

Yep the Jury, sort of amusing that the Defense set up their case and spent 2 weeks arguing Citizens Arrest to have the judge direct otherwise and then a few days self defence which made even less sense. A hopeless cause anyway.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 1:14 am
BE Irregular

Jogging while Black.
A few houses were built near me a few years ago and I went in and marveled at the construction process after hours. I even have photos.
Luckily I am white, and no one saw me, or if they did they did not chase me and kill me!
Old Nov 25th 2021, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
Jogging while Black.
A few houses were built near me a few years ago and I went in and marveled at the construction process after hours. I even have photos.
Luckily I am white, and no one saw me, or if they did they did not chase me and kill me!
Bit more to it than that, deemed inadmissible as far as the court case was concerned. Not that I think it is relevant to the conviction.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
Jogging while Black.
Lots of people do that! My son-in-law is very much into DIY - he does most of the remodels/home improvements himself with very little help. I remember there was a vacant lot near where he lived and then someone bought it and started to build a house on it. My son-in-law frequently stopped off on his way home from work to take a look at the construction/floor plan, etc. He found all of that stuff interesting and may have gotten some ideas because of it. He was probably tresspassing, but as you said - he's white and no-one bothered him at all.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

This is an interesting take, I thought reparations is based on taking Native American land.

​​​​​​
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
This is an interesting take, I thought reparations is based on taking Native American land.

​​​​​​https://twitter.com/Blklivesmatter/s...82548707524613
So shoplifters shouldn't be labelled as such if their great-great grandchildren pay for the items stolen....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.