Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The Black Lives Matter movement

The Black Lives Matter movement

Old Jun 28th 2020, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Black Lives Matter movement

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
A friend was over for a few beerios and on the balcony said to me, with a straight face and seriousness, "you know the Black Lives Matter movement was started by Marxists, right?"

I don't think he could spell Marxists, let alone tell me what one supposedly is....but he was deadly serious.
I hope you didn't throw him over the balcony

But seriously, he's right even if maybe he doesn't really understand what a Marxist is, but be probably knows enough to understand that Marxists have been bad news anywhere they've gained influence.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 6:30 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I hope you didn't throw him over the balcony

But seriously, he's right even if maybe he doesn't really understand what a Marxist is, but be probably knows enough to understand that Marxists have been bad news anywhere they've gained influence.
Unfortunately he's been a mate for donkeys years so I can't just bin him off the balcony.

What's more unfortunate is that he said it with such authority that it was correct, without any option of it being discussed. Terrifying.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately he's been a mate for donkeys years so I can't just bin him off the balcony.

What's more unfortunate is that he said it with such authority that it was correct, without any option of it being discussed. Terrifying.
What? You mean he gave you that "you'd better agree with me or you're over the balcony" look?

....I hope you directed him to this thread. I could do with some more men of conviction around here.

....It's getting boring just me and Boiler.

Last edited by paulry; Jun 28th 2020 at 7:48 am.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 8:07 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Boiler certainly seems to agree.

He's so bored with you he's only posted the once.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 8:38 am
Devourer of Haribo

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

A friend was over for a few beerios and on the balcony said to me, with a straight face and seriousness, "you know the Black Lives Matter movement was started by Marxists, right?"

I don't think he could spell Marxists, let alone tell me what one supposedly is....but he was deadly serious.
Was this before or after a few beerios?

And did you educate him?
Old Jun 28th 2020, 8:41 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

What? You mean he gave you that "you'd better agree with me or you're over the balcony" look?

....I hope you directed him to this thread. I could do with some more men of conviction around here.

....It's getting boring just me and Boiler.
I was just in shock to be honest. It was said so matter-of-fact that I just stared in disbelief for a minute.

Could not be bothered to ruin a good evening of drinking. We've discussed BLM several times in the last couple of weekend sessions and as one of my mates has a wife who's family are Indian (she's British, I think it was her grandparents who came to the UK) we get an interesting perspective from her. She said she faces more issues here trying to explain to Indian neighbours / delivery guys etc that she's British born and bred. Oh, and she also regularly gets stared at or weird comments because her husband's white British. 'Goura' or something like that. Water off a duck's back for her but having these discussions about something so global and obvious is hard as a group of white, middle class, not-from-even-remotely-diverse-parts-of-the-country people.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was just in shock to be honest. It was said so matter-of-fact that I just stared in disbelief for a minute.

Could not be bothered to ruin a good evening of drinking. We've discussed BLM several times in the last couple of weekend sessions and as one of my mates has a wife who's family are Indian (she's British, I think it was her grandparents who came to the UK) we get an interesting perspective from her. She said she faces more issues here trying to explain to Indian neighbours / delivery guys etc that she's British born and bred. Oh, and she also regularly gets stared at or weird comments because her husband's white British. 'Goura' or something like that. Water off a duck's back for her but having these discussions about something so global and obvious is hard as a group of white, middle class, not-from-even-remotely-diverse-parts-of-the-country people.
Good on your mate for being open and frank about it. I think people are this time around at last seeing BLM for what it is. The organisation has really stepped over the mark this time round. I have very many friends who are centre left-leaning and we agree to disagree on a lot of things but one thing we do now all agree on is BLM is a Trojan horse Marxist outfit shamelessly cultivating and using black grievence as a front to further their true objectives - stated in their "What We Believe" page. But most of us (to use your words, if I may) "white, middle class, not-from-even-remotely-diverse-parts-of-the-country people" have been the last to see this. Very high numbers of those who BLM claims to represent saw through it all and have been vocal about it nearly since the start. The latest video that I posted here is the probably the most revealing and candid of all.

Old Jun 28th 2020, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Boiler certainly seems to agree.

He's so bored with you he's only posted the once.
Which is fine. I know he sees BLM for what it is.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 10:32 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Was this before or after a few beerios?

And did you educate him?
Mid-sesh.

Good on your mate for being open and frank about it. I think people are this time around at last seeing BLM for what it is. The organisation has really stepped over the mark this time round. I have very many friends who are centre left-leaning and we agree to disagree on a lot of things but one thing we do now all agree on is BLM is a Trojan horse Marxist outfit shamelessly cultivating and using black grievence as a front to further their true objectives - stated in their "What We Believe" page. But most of us (to use your words, if I may) "white, middle class, not-from-even-remotely-diverse-parts-of-the-country people" have been the last to see this. Very high numbers of those who BLM claims to represent saw through it all and have been vocal about it nearly since the start. The latest video that I posted here is the probably the most revealing and candid of all.
He's allowed his opinion and he's allowed to mention it. Just like we're all allowed to disagree or agree and choose whether or not to discuss it. It definitely wasn't the time or place to start that sort of chat.

Who or what is this 'marxist outfit' though? What's their 'true objectives'?

At present, I'm happy taking it at face value of a minority being angry that they're still not being treated equally. Reasons for it, examples, conjecture, stories, anecdotes to one side, I don't think there's really any debate in that sentiment.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 11:02 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Today's paper.

The UK social media platform where neo-Nazis can view terror atrocities
BitChute, which was used in the dissemination of far-right propaganda during the protests in London and elsewhere this month, has hosted films of terror attacks and thousands of antisemitic videos which have been viewed over three million times.The platform has also hosted several videos from the proscribed far-right terrorist group National Action, now taken down.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 11:24 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry..... many people say garbage with drink taken.

The problem is those who do so when it isn't, then look for dubious videos to back it up.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BLM is more about ending the traditional family and promoting a LGBTQ agenda, than it is about bringing an end to racism and valuing black lives.

These paragraphs in the "What We Believe" page are among the most telling:

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable. We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).
https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Note how it excludes men and fathers entirely and has some whacky goals about disrupting nuclear family structures and it talks about dismantling patriarchal practice. It is very anti-male- especially the heterosexual kind, and is a very significant tangent away from caring about black lives. Given it is well known and acknowledged by just about every sensible person that one of the key factors contributing to black crime, imprisonments and under-achievement is males growing up in one parent - especially father-less homes. And there they are pushing for more of the same.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...more-than-race

As for Marxist: All of the founders are self identified Marxists, so expect anything that they havent yet fessed up to to be very much Marxist in nature.

Interesting article below where they're saying their number one goal is to topple Trump. To some that might sound mouth watering but Trump is the only one strong enough to stop them from achieving their wider goals. Topple Trump and bring Biden in and they'll walk all over the latter. And look at just about everywhere in the US where the Democrats are in control: They've thrown their police departments under the bus and are allowing BLM to run amok. Decay and destruction is up. Businesses are moving out and black deaths from crime are up.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch...source=twitter
Old Jun 28th 2020, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Honest opinion from someone BLM claims to represent:

Old Jun 28th 2020, 11:48 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I wouldn't worry..... many people say garbage with drink taken.

The problem is those who do so when it isn't, then look for dubious videos to back it up.
You're prophetic.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 11:52 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Cue the "I don't agree with everything posted there but..." response.

Wade in garbage and you end up stinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.